Lost an old friend to a motorcycle crash

Mark1647545493

Friday, October 30, 2009 4:24 AM

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

A man died last night after his motorcycle collided with a car on the Far East Side.

Richard Pentrack, 41, was riding his motorcycle northbound on Gender Road at Winchester Lakes Boulevard around 6:15 p.m. when he crashed into a car turning left to go southbound on Gender Road, police said.

Pentrack was transported to Grant Medical Center, where he died from his injuries.

Rich was a hell of a good man and will be missed by anyone that ever met him. I met him in 1988 and we became instant friends. He taught me alot about cars and motorcycles and taught me how to ride and respect motorcycles.

R.I.P. Pentrack

COLUMBUS, Ohio—Gender Road was closed to traffic Thursday evening after a motorcycle collided with a car, leaving one man dead.

NBC 4 gives you the FAST FACTS.

The crash occurred about 6:20 p.m. Thursday.

According to Columbus police, a Chrysler Sebring, driven by David Summers, was traveling from Winchester Lakes Boulevard to southbound Gender Road. At the same time, a Honda motorcycle, driven by Richard Pentrack, was traveling north on Gender Road, passing two vehicles on the left that were slowing to turn right onto Winchester Lakes Boulevard. The front of the motorcycle struck the driver’s side of the Sebring.

Pentrack sustained multiple injuries and was taken to Grant Hospital in critical condition. He died from his injuries a short time later.

Pentrack was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.

Columbus police said they believe alcohol may be a factor in this crash and they continue to investigate.

This is Columbus’ 49th fatal crash.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/local/article/motorcycle_accident_puts_one_man_in_hospital/25738/

Thanks everyone for having respect and the nice comments. Rich was a great person and loved by many. I spoke with his brother this morning and he said that the driver of the Sebring said that he didn't see Rich behind the two cars before he pulled out in front of him. There was only a 4ft skid mark.

Knowing Rich, I seriously doubt it was him that was drinking and riding. He was one of the safest riders I've ever known.

Here's his obituary

http://www.webfh.com/fh_live/11100/11134/images/obituaries/272800.jpg

Richard Pentrack, 41, of Lancaster, passed away Thursday, October 29, 2009 due to a motorcycle accident. He was born in Johnstown, PA, in 1968 to Richard and Barbara (Erbel) Pentrack. In 1969 they moved to Lancaster, Ohio. Richard was an “86” graduate of Lancaster High School. He owned his own businesses as an Auto Graphic Designer and window tinter.

Richard is survived by parents Richard and Barbara Pentrack; brother Jeff Pentrack of Canal Winchester. He is a proud uncle of Dominic and Avery Pentrack. Richard is also survived by aunt Patricia Calder; cousins Ronald (Jamie) Davies, David (Susan) Davies and Roxanne (Ron) all of PA; and a special cat Maui. Richard was preceded in death by sister Jennifer Pentrack.

Family and friends may visit on TUESDAY, November 3, at the SHERIDAN FUNERAL HOME from 3-5 PM and 7-9 PM with service to follow at 9:00 PM.

I sold my Seca Turbo after 3 cars pulled out in front of me in the same day. After this, I guarantee I never get back on another street bike ever again.