Crock of shit are you kidding me

SLOWLX

http://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/1457711809.htmlThe winner of the auction receives the sole rights to pull all parts he or she chooses, for no more than the amount of the bid, with three exceptions; the catalytic converters may not be removed, the engine may not be removed, and the unibody must be crushed. All other body panels, engine accessories, and driveline components may be removed by the winning bidder upon payment. The winning bidder will be contacted by phone. As stipulated in the CARS program, these vehicles must be destroyed and therefore cannot leave the premises.

You can only pick what parts they tell you do pick and they will add the parts up you want That dont sound right

That is because it is from Cash for Clunkers genius. Did you not understand the whole point of the program? It was to get these "gas-guzzlers" off the road. What would make you think they would turn around sell parts off the engine?

It is the government orders they cannot do this. In fact, I believe all of the engines had some shit put in them disabling them anyways. I didn't even think they would be allowed to sell any parts off them at all, so I guess you are lucky in that sense if you wanted something.

BTW I think you are interpreting the statement wrong. They don't get to charge whatever they want -- they are saying,

"The winner of the auction receives the sole rights to pull all parts he or she chooses, for no more than the amount of the bid"

They are saying you can take EVERYTHING if you so please and will only have to pay the price you bid, but you can also take less than everything. The statement is simply saying they cannot charge you any more than the winning bid to take everything.

Yeah really, they've got signs at the entrances, at the end of every row, and randomly scattered all over the damn place explaining why you shouldn't pull heads and oiled parts from motors that are covered in paint. Last Saturday, I watched two idiots learn the hard way that spending 4 hours pulling a Saturn motor covered in paint was an utter waste of time.....funny though!