Boat guys, what's the winter upgrades?

Total Sign

Since the topic is going on for cars and bikes, what's the boat crew doing?

I'm going to make a new dash, looking for some baller ass switches to replace my 20 year old ones, going to keep the same gauges (only a couple years old).

Interior wise nothing.

Stereo, may add another sub, won't lose any storage as I don't use it anyway.

Motor, staying box stock, hoping switching to a good synthetic oil will get me faster than Linn. ;)

Drive, just a tear down and inspect, who knows what that will lead into!

Adding an external hydraulic steering system for safety's sake.

On My Formula -

Bad engine is out.

377 Stroker is at the machine shop. Going .030 over to make it a 383. Putting in new forged pistons instead of the hypers that were in there. Dropping down compression a little to make sure 93 octane is fine and for future plans of boost sometime down the road after bravo swap.

Interior - Finish dash update and gauge install, Maybe custom throttles(depends on how much goes into engine), new lights through out cockpit.

Bilge make over is under way - Fresh paint, still deciding what else to do..probably a LED undercar set up to light it up really well in case something breaks and for cool visual effect

Trailer over haul under way - Fresh black paint already done (made one hell of a difference), more LED's to make it look like Christmas, already have custom wheels, and new bunks and carpet.

New cover in the spring.

Its a big list and lots to do, but It will be done.

On the new project boat - VIP Vision:

Reattach the top to the bottom. Reinstall rub rail.

Finish the interior. It was completely gutted. The guy had no clue what he was doing.

Engine tune up.

Paint trailer and add light.

Sell it and throw that money at my other boat.

Here's a pic of the new project.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w211/Matt86K5/VIP%20Boat/DSCN1822.jpg

trying to get rid of the jet ski :( annn get a boat :) but if i keep the jet ski

New ride plate, R&D intake grate, Solas 13/19 , Riva Pro-Series Sponsons

hoping for 62- on chop an 64/65 on smooth my currrent best if 54 chop 58 smooth :( dam my bath tub is slow lol

Ehh, I'd like to get a new boat next spring, but if I wait one more year, I should have all of my debts (besides house) paid off, so then I can afford a nicer boat. :) Unless my tax return is even better than last years, then maybe a new boat will come sooner.....

For my boat, I need to do some minor trailer repair. A thorough cleaning/waxing on the outside. Need to adjust the automatic choke, as it likes to stick a bit. Replace the wood under the side rail. Re-staple the rear seat cushions. Repair back left speaker. That's pretty much it - an off day's worth of work. Otherwise just enjoy it for another year.

i need to start doing boat stuff like that has been suggested to me more then a few times...lol

Hell yes. I know a great boat that needs some work if you want to try it out. ;)

I'd be happy just getting mine running. Took it out twice last year and fought an ignition issue the rest of the year. I WILL get it running this spring......hopefully. :D

What type of boat do you have and motor?

Hell yes. I know a great boat that needs some work if you want to try it out. ;)

What type of boat do you have and motor?

just a fishing boat. 18.5' Sea Nyph with a 50HP Evinrude. I'm going to replace the charge pack next spring and see if that does the trick. I don't have a peak reading volt meter so I'm at the guessing game stage now. I thought I fixed it 2 other times last year but no dice. Just intermittently loses spark to both cylinders.

The RXP:

My plan is to install the BIG charger, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, bigger injectors, a little more prop tweak, boost and AFR gauges. I will have the same exact setup as someone I know who hit 84mph on stock ecu. So thats my goal and with a summer full of tuning I should get it there.

GTX's:

A little maint and waxing. Then I have to fix a little fuck up on one of them due to someone sucking up a rope and causing some bolts to break on my intake grate.

Lastly I hope to buy a wake boat this spring

No worries, it was all worth the jokes on your behalf. lol

Im missing some wakeboarding already. Im going to Florida in Jan, who wants to just meet me down there and take a little detour to Kyle Schmitts wakeboard school? We could be landin inverts all day by the end of his lessons!

The RXP:

My plan is to install the BIG charger, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, bigger injectors, a little more prop tweak, boost and AFR gauges. I will have the same exact setup as someone I know who hit 84mph on stock ecu. So thats my goal and with a summer full of tuning I should get it there.

GTX's:

A little maint and waxing. Then I have to fix a little fuck up on one of them due to someone sucking up a rope and causing some bolts to break on my intake grate.

Lastly I hope to buy a wake boat this spring

good lord son isant your ski fast enough alreaddy lol?!?!?!

x2 on the boat trying to get rid of my ski an get a boat

No worries, it was all worth the jokes on your behalf. lol

Im missing some wakeboarding already. Im going to Florida in Jan, who wants to just meet me down there and take a little detour to Kyle Schmitts wakeboard school? We could be landin inverts all day by the end of his lessons!

Hit the cable park in Orlando.

good lord son isant your ski fast enough alreaddy lol?!?!?!

x2 on the boat trying to get rid of my ski an get a boat

Nope, I only hit a top speed of 76.4 this summer. It needs some more tuning at current setup but Im just gonna go bigger and then mess with it. Once I hit that 84mph at best mark I'm gonna quit. That way I know it will run consistent 80s heatsoaked in chop and be reliable. Thats why I am staying stock ECU.

I wont get rid of the skis I just want a boat to go along with them. I might be selling the twin skis next year and buying newer twins though. Im up in the air because the two I have just run so good as it is and never gave me a problem until I let Andrew ride:D

Nope, I only hit a top speed of 76.4 this summer. It needs some more tuning at current setup but Im just gonna go bigger and then mess with it. Once I hit that 84mph at best mark I'm gonna quit. That way I know it will run consistent 80s heatsoaked in chop and be reliable. Thats why I am staying stock ECU.

I wont get rid of the skis I just want a boat to go along with them. I might be selling the twin skis next year and buying newer twins though. Im up in the air because the two I have just run so good as it is and never gave me a problem until I let Andrew ride:D

Dibs on Wake driver.:cool:

• 1 month later...