OBSERVATION: Ohio Drivers Suck

zeitgeist57

Went to Cleveland on Friday for a holiday visit...

Even though they've widened I-71 to three lanes each way, Ohioans STILL THINK that they are supposed to cruise in the left lane. The right lane is literally wide open and a road train of people has formed in the left lane. At least Pennsylvania has the common sense to ticket people that are cruising in the left lane (i.e. no other cars are nearby and they maintain their position in the left lane while passing a trooper).

If you saw a green Caravan passing you on the right doing about 85mph, it's because you need to move the f**k over when a faster vehicle is trying to overtake you. Check your six o'clock position more often, people!!! Just because you're passing the Corolla in the middle lane doing 55mph and you're doing 60mph does NOT mean you are the fastest car on the road and can spend your entire trip in the left lane!!!

/rant.

Thank you. :)

Watched a '05+ Jetta flat run into the back of a S2K around Polaris and Africa.

Then cruised down to Polaris and 23 to see a stampede of people running across the intersection only to notice a Toyota Previa had just rolled onto it's roof. Sat through that mess to take 315 home.

Then to top everything off Erica and I were coming home from dinner on 315N just north of 670, we were chatting and I hear tires on the other side of the barrier see head lights pointed in the air/the nose and front fender of a truck then got pelted by glass, plastic and the window/front of the car covered in coolant/oil. We hopped on the of ramp looped back around to find a F150 head first in the barrier, a Grand Am faced the wrong way with the nose smashed in and a mini van all smashed up facing the wrong way. No damage to Erica's car other than coolant all over it.

Ridiculous....

Uhm, Ohio drivers are a godsend compared to the fucks out here in Utah.

I've found Illinois drivers to be some of the best though.

i hope this is sarcasm. when i was in chicago 4-5 years ago, i was on the freeway doing 85, and getting passed by everyone (even cabbies) like i was standing still. scared the shit out of me. fuck chicago.

i hope this is sarcasm. when i was in chicago 4-5 years ago, i was on the freeway doing 85, and getting passed by everyone (even cabbies) like i was standing still. scared the shit out of me. fuck chicago.

Eff, you're right. I meant to type Indiana... what the hell was I thinking?

I edited the first post.

um you have to be kidding. indiana is my least favorite place to drive.

Nope, not kidding. I only base my opinion on I70 and I80 going to/from Utah and Ohio. Of all the states those two Interstates pass through, I found Indiana to be the "best" as far as lack of idiot drivers. Of course, I always plan my drive to avoid any major cities during rush hour times so YMMV.

I noticed it a few times on my trek to the eastern burbs of Cleveland this weekend. However on my trip to and from I noticed that I was among the slower of the vehicles on the road which is unusual. Now I was in our van with the family on board, but when cruising at a dead on 75mph, I was passed by a good 80% of the drivers that were around me. IMO, like me, they prolly don't like driving behind big bricks they can't see through. HOwever, no one slowed down once they passed.

Then cruised down to Polaris and 23 to see a stampede of people running across the intersection only to notice a Toyota Previa had just rolled onto it's roof. Sat through that mess to take 315 home.

So that is what happened there. I was headed up 23 right behind some of the fire trucks, so it just must have happened. I cut through some side roads and got around it. It looked like it was still a mess when I left the area about 1.5 hours later.

Uhm, Ohio drivers are a godsend compared to the fucks out here in Utah.

I've found Indiana drivers to be some of the best though.

+1 on Utah. I lived in Park City to snowboard for a year and have NEVER been so frustrated as I was there. OH drivers are pretty bad though.

+1 on Utah. I lived in Park City to snowboard for a year and have NEVER been so frustrated as I was there. OH drivers are pretty bad though.

I've been told "they"* drive like ass hats because it's the only place they are anonymous and unaccountable for their shitty behavior (the trickle down effect makes EVERYONE drive like asshats though)

They will shit when they realize God can see through car roofs, dumb ass's.

*they= no racial