I got THE best Black Friday Sale

Nitrousbird

Okay, it was used, but bought it on Black Friday:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=168&pictureid=3379

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=168&pictureid=3380

73" Mitsubushi DLP

Manfactured 9/09, guy said he bought it 10/09. Tried returning it, but was outside his return date. From what I figured out (I never got the whole truth), he bought it to replace the LCD his kids broke, and this TV was VERY inappropriate for the room he had it in (basically unwatchable). I think his wife said to get rid of it. Scored it for $1000 WITH the stand, which is a decent enough stand.

Had to drive over an hour to get it, and spent an hour cleaning it (mostly the stand, it was freaking nasty). SSSSOOOO worth it. Blu-ray looks amazing now vs. how it only looked slightly better than DVD on our old 50" LCD rear projection 720p TV. HD looks better now too. Standard definition and DVD looks slightly worse, but our 50" is REALLY good at displaying non HD content.

Best TV deal on Black Friday. :D

Very nice! I paid $1,200 for my 60" DLP a year ago at Best Buy. I thought that was a pretty good deal then.

same, but at circuit city

is it the wd73737? my buddy has the 73735 (last years model), but he got it basically right when it was released and paid 3600 for the tv and stand.

is it the wd73737? my buddy has the 73735 (last years model), but he got it basically right when it was released and paid 3600 for the tv and stand.

I'm not sure. I'd have to check. I'm at work right now, so I can't.

Those are nice sets, buddy has one that we play games on all the time. :)

I just can't get back into DLP after going Panny Plasma honestly. You can't beat DLP for Price per inch value however. Nice buy brosef.

73" Plasma = very pricey. Plus, a Plasma would be worthless in that room...way too much light; all you would see is your own reflection. LCD's past 58" are VERY expensive, so DLP was really our only option.

WD-73C9. Honestly, all three models they offer in 73" are pretty much identical. From what I read online, even options they say are turned off on this model really aren't. Hardware is identical other than this only has 3 HDMI inputs (only the 837 has 4)...and since I only need to use one, no biggie for me.

nice tv is that land of the lost?

Transformers on Blu-ray.

Why don't you put some blinds on those windows?

Edit: and don't say you can't. My parent's old house had vaulted ceilings like that with the high windows. They had fabric blinds. They looked very nice and offered privacy and blocked some light.

73" Plasma = very pricey. Plus, a Plasma would be worthless in that room...way too much light; all you would see is your own reflection.

Clearly you haven't shopped for NEW plasma's in a few years. Our plasma sits in a room with 2 windows, sliding doors, and about 8 upstairs sun lights from the loft above...;)

Clearly you haven't shopped for NEW plasma's in a few years. Our plasma sits in a room with 2 windows, sliding doors, and about 8 upstairs sun lights from the loft above...;)

even still the the size he wants to get he will be paying a mint for plasma.

Why don't you put some blinds on those windows?

Edit: and don't say you can't. My parent's old house had vaulted ceilings like that with the high windows. They had fabric blinds. They looked very nice and offered privacy and blocked some light.

Ehh, blinds wouldn't look right there. I've seen blinds on windows like that, and I don't like them. We don't have a privacy issue at the back of our house, so they aren't necessary at all.

I did shop for NEW Plasmas, even ones with the anti-reflective technology, and they still reflect like crazy. Trust me, I was all for a Plasma...they just reflect too much.

Thats a nice TV. I almost bought that exact one. I love how thin the edge around the screen is.

The thin edge is awesome. They really did a good job improving the case on their newer models.