Please do not let me down Ford.

DTM Brian

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed

PSS Fox bodies were not finger banged by the hand of god they just happen to be cheap and easy to find. :)

i take it you havent tired to find a clean cheap one..good luck with that.

I've seen clean, stock rolling shells going for 2k.

i just did this....hell i didnt ask anyone what they thought about saabs before i bought mine...i called rob the day of and asked him, but got his typical responce lol....which i ignored, no offense

i didnt even plan on buying a saab until 24 hours before i layed the cash down...which is why the truck got sold to carmax

yes you did ignore me..and what happened in a week? oh thats right 375 power steering pump...what was that you was saying? i knew you was going to get it. plus its easier on gas then the truck. so rock out with your pedo~bear cock out buddie :p

IMO, i like the styling of the new mullet machines. and the power potential. but other then that, its just another heavy turd.

wow, great thread. will read again. original poster brought up a comment about mustangs---honestly, how many cars (other than a vette) have been an american icon for nearly 50 years??? the car was wildly popular the second it went into production, suffered a bit in the late 70's and 80's (what car didn't), and came out wildly popular again with the 2005+ model years. assuming they keep weight down around 3500-3600lbs, this car will be plenty fast, and a bargain as well.

who the fuck cares about foreign cars?? someone can make a separate thread about the awesome texture of the free dildo that comes with new audi's, or the high saturation point of the tampon that comes in the g-35's first aid kit--just exit this thread because no one cares about the "foreign car that matches your personality and needs the best (fag)".

we're talking american muscle in this thread.

wow, great thread. will read again. original poster brought up a comment about mustangs---honestly, how many cars (other than a vette) have been an american icon for nearly 50 years??? the car was wildly popular the second it went into production, suffered a bit in the late 70's and 80's (what car didn't), and came out wildly popular again with the 2005+ model years. assuming they keep weight down around 3500-3600lbs, this car will be plenty fast, and a bargain as well.

who the fuck cares about foreign cars?? someone can make a separate thread about the awesome texture of the free dildo that comes with new audi's, or the high saturation point of the tampon that comes in the g-35's first aid kit--just exit this thread because no one cares about the "foreign car that matches your personality and needs the best (fag)".

Always great to see one's viewpoint conveyed in such an intelligent and well thought out manner.

Thanks for this valuable contribution!

http://www.yourerdoc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/xo4mcmr05b15d1-300x296.gif

in some ways, you can argue that the camaro and trans am are icons to. No, the camaro hasnt been around since 02, and the TA is gone, but they both have/had a long life span to. and both were american icons from the 60's to to 2002.

in some ways, you can argue that the camaro and trans am are icons to. No, the camaro hasnt been around since 02, and the TA is gone, but they both have/had a long life span to. and both were american icons from the 60's to to 2002.

yeah, but they didn't have anywhere near the success that the mustang did/does have, in terms of car sales. the mustang absolutely dominates

yeah, but they didn't have anywhere near the success that the mustang did/does have, in terms of car sales. the mustang absolutely dominates

well in the later years, that is true. Exepct for now of course, seeing as the camaro is out selling it pretty well.

Guest Removed

numbers vs numbers...

mustang started in 64 1/2...camaro started in 67, died off and came back

now IMO,

mustangs sucked from 71-79

camaros sucked from the 70's, all the way into the 90's

with either one, the big name cars sell for big money. yenko, shelby and so on

i can still say this tho..the fox chassis cars(79-04), still out number every thing on the road.

The Mustang came out first, but the first few years were lame IMO, it was a pussy car. i think Ford had much better choices for a performance car. In 67-69 when the Camaro came along both cars could be had with big blocks, and had multiple combos good for many different driving styles. Both cars competed at the drag strip, and Trans Am racing. Into the 70s both cars began to suck, but into the 80s and Ford got back on the stick before GM again with the foxbody. Flash ahead to any 4th gen f-body and there was a decent battle. Take away the Camaro again and Ford steps it up with the 03-04 Cobra. Now the Camaro is back and just as good.

This battle is pathetic, GM is always late to the party, and Ford won't try to kick GM's ass when they're actually making the car. Sales of the foxbodys was always better for a few reasons, for one they were geared towards the masses. F-body's were great for most enthusiests they were low and sleek, and always tended to perform better straight from the factory. However this always made them less practical, they sucked in bad weather, were harder to get into and out of, so people really had to like it. Mustang on the other hand didn't have much of these issues, and foxbodys could be had with a 4 cylinder most years making them "sporty" and economical. So yeah Mustang has been around longer and sold more cars, DUH! Being a die-hard GM guy and loving the mods and performance of the F-body over the Mustang, it's a clear choice for me.

camaros sucked from the 70's, all the way into the 90's

Really? I thought the the 1970 camaro was pretty solid. I had an 81' (super late 2nd gen) that was pretty good. Simple, easy to work on, super super cheap parts, made great power (heads + cam for $<500) and drove almost halfway decent. Shoot, I thought the z28 in 93' (had one too) was a pretty big deal. Spanked the hell out of a mustang, had good performance, got good mileage, awesome 6 speed trans, and was pretty cheap. Then they put the ls1 in it and it was even better. Sure the interior sucked, and the brakes weren't great, and the suspension was crummy, but what do you expect from a camaro?

i take it you havent tired to find a clean cheap one..good luck with that.

I've seen clean, stock rolling shells going for 2k.

If I get time I will find some nice rollers for a good price. These will be geared toward a racing application. These won't be redneck cheap, just my definition of cheap and what is a good value. Might even toss in some f-bodies for good measure.

• 2 weeks later...