Please do not let me down Ford.

DTM Brian

wow,this thread is full of fail, too manypeople spewing too much shit they know nothing about.

ford has been full of fail lately, and while they've turned things around better than others, they still have been lacking in the performance aspect of their cars.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one of the most uneducated statments I have ever heard. Why is it nutswinging to buy the car that BEST suits MY style, wants, and lifestyle? Nothing offered by a domestic car company could do everything that my GTI can do.

Also, by buying Japanese and German cars, companies start to bring production here. Toyota and Honda have slowly been providing more and more US jobs, while GM and chrysler are making the US tax payers suffer because of horrible business decision. Also, VW is building a large plant here in the next 3 years as well.

If a domestic car company produced a car that I wanted to buy, I would buy it. I don't have a "loyal" brand. I buy the best car for me at that time. If it happens to be German, I guy German. If it was to be domestic, I would buy domestic.

Being close minded and "patriotic" and loyal is potentially making you NOT maximize your utility, which leads to inefficiency, which is not ideal for the economy.

You're entitled to your opinion. All I did was give you mine. Personally I have never been attracted to any German car, ever. I can respect any car's performance, but that doesn't mean I'd ever buy it. Cars are all about how they make me feel in more way then one, I'm very proud to have what I have. Now just because of mistakes by company executives, or because these other companys hype their stuff up and convince people of how great they are doesn't change how i feel about it. Just because they want to make them here in order to make more money, doesn't change anything either.

Take Toyota for example, they're super popular, but as far as I'm concerned they are the most generic, cheap feeling cars out there. German cars all strike me as some over engineered, ugly, waste of money.

You want to call me uneducated, but I just do what makes me happy. I'm not going to do something just because the media hypes it, or society wants me to think a certain way about it. It's just like how everyone is programmed to go buy a house, get an education, and hate the people who don't follow along with society. Fuck that, I'm a free thinker, and I'm going to continue to do what I want to.

Guest Removed
That is one of the most uneducated statments I have ever heard. Why is it nutswinging to buy the car that BEST suits MY style, wants, and lifestyle? Nothing offered by a domestic car company could do everything that my GTI can do.

Also, by buying Japanese and German cars, companies start to bring production here. Toyota and Honda have slowly been providing more and more US jobs, while GM and chrysler are making the US tax payers suffer because of horrible business decision. Also, VW is building a large plant here in the next 3 years as well.

do what your GTI can do? whats that cost twice as much for parts and service at the dealer level? go down a road and use gasoline? guess what, american cars can do that too!

wow,this thread is full of fail, too manypeople spewing too much shit they know nothing about.

ford has been full of fail lately, and while they've turned things around better than others, they still have been lacking in the performance aspect of their cars.

full of fail..you are completely retarded. ford is the only one not asking for help money and turning a profit. not every thing they have to produce has to have more performance then brand X, or Y.

granted the camaro is out selling the mustang, but who is selling less cars and making money and not asking for hand outs.

And import fan boys have to quote HP/Liter to make up for the fact they can't make as much power on a far more expensive and "technically superior" engine.

F' displacement...physical size of the motor is what really matters. And a OHV V8 is far more compact than a DOHC V8 with similar block sizes.

I'd like to point out there in his post he referenced no "import" vehicles. Rather, as a highpoint he mentioned a CHEVROLET Cobalt. Please continue on your "LSX > *" day now.

Guest Removed
Education about Domestic/Foreign Issue

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/12/12/american.cars/

hello, ford's best selling car ever, the Taurus was made in Mexico. nothing new there. fords been trucking shit up from there for years. when the USA wasnt allowed to make R-12 anymore, ford was bring it in from there by the trunk full.

and most import cars parts are reman'd there. like you euro-car automatic tranmissions, get reman'd in mexico.

Education about Domestic/Foreign Issue

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/12/12/american.cars/

Great information, and exactly what I was referring to in my posts. The line is muddy know days, making much of these arguments moot.

do what your GTI can do? whats that cost twice as much for parts and service at the dealer level? go down a road and use gasoline? guess what, american cars can do that too!

full of fail..you are completely retarded. ford is the only one not asking for help money and turning a profit. not every thing they have to produce has to have more performance then brand X, or Y.

granted the camaro is out selling the mustang, but who is selling less cars and making money and not asking for hand outs.

I 100% agree. I am more likely to buy a Ford product because of those facts than either a GM or Chrysler vehicle.

I'd like to point out there in his post he referenced no "import" vehicles. Rather, as a highpoint he mentioned a CHEVROLET Cobalt. Please continue on your "LSX > *" day now.

5 more awesome units for you sir.

hello, ford's best selling car ever, the Taurus was made in Mexico. nothing new there. fords been trucking shit up from there for years. when the USA wasnt allowed to make R-12 anymore, ford was bring it in from there by the trunk full.

and most import cars parts are reman'd there. like you euro-car automatic tranmissions, get reman'd in mexico.

yup

Let me share my thoughts, people who feel absolutly no need to support their country or the products that originated there are like homos, it's un-natural. I respect what other countries and auto manufactures do, but I have a strong sence of loyalty. There are plenty of people who should just go live in Japan or Germany always nutswinging on their cars, go be a real nutswinger! :eek:

This

I hope you don't think I care what the media has to say. Where any car or it's parts are manufactured doesn't make a difference, not to me anyway.

And this

im with scott on this one. i dont give 2 shits what the media says. the funny thing is, most cars that get talked up (honda, toyota) arent as good as they usually sound. For instance, my aunt is huge honda/acura person. its really all she has ever owned. She will sit there and tell you all day how good every car car of hers has been to her. But i told my dad about that a couple months ago, he just laughed and said "bullshit, ive had to rebuild several motors in her POS's". As with my opnion on toyota right now, they say all the gas pedals are getting stuck by floor mats. Even if that is true, my questions are, how long have they been in business? and how long have floor mats been around? seriously, it cant be that hard to make a damn floor mat unless you fail at life (cough...toyota....cough).

And ya know, ive had 3 pontiacs since i began driving. i sold the first one with 175K miles on it and still running perfectly. My firebird gets abused daily and has 176K miles on it, and my DD is a 93 GP with 225K miles on it, and it runs great, so the media can blow me.

and dont even get me started on the german made piles of shit ive had to deal with...

This

And this

You'll notice I said "originated" as in started out here. I'm not trying to argue that it's as all american as it once was. I still feel that it's american on some level, at least in a sence of feeling. Otherwise I don't give a shit aout the other cars being discussed anyways.

Guest Removed
im with scott on this one. i dont give 2 shits what the media says. the funny thing is, most cars that get talked up (honda, toyota) arent as good as they usually sound. For instance, my aunt is huge honda/acura person. its really all she has ever owned. She will sit there and tell you all day how good every car car of hers has been to her. But i told my dad about that a couple months ago, he just laughed and said "bullshit, ive had to rebuild several motors in her POS's". As with my opnion on toyota right now, they say all the gas pedals are getting stuck by floor mats. Even if that is true, my questions are, how long have they been in business? and how long have floor mats been around? seriously, it cant be that hard to make a damn floor mat unless you fail at life (cough...toyota....cough).

And ya know, ive had 3 pontiacs since i began driving. i sold the first one with 175K miles on it and still running perfectly. My firebird gets abused daily and has 176K miles on it, and my DD is a 93 GP with 225K miles on it, and it runs great, so the media can blow me.

and dont even get me started on the german made piles of shit ive had to deal with...

toyota is having drive by wire issues..not a floor mat issue there buddie.

the big three, dont get all the breaks and benefits that other car companys get when building and operating here. so lots of stuff is not made here. What mass produced car is made completely in house, on its own soil...

i have a pontiac dead in my parking lot....with 445k on the clock. all on the original drive line too

toyota is having drive by wire issues..not a floor mat issue there buddie.

the big three, dont get all the breaks and benefits that other car companys get when building and operating here. so lots of stuff is not made here. What mass produced car is made completely in house, on its own soil...

i have a pontiac dead in my parking lot....with 445k on the clock. all on the original drive line too

yea i know, but last i heard, toyota was still claiming its a floor mat issue.

I think a lot of you guys lump all "foreign" car companies and enthusiasts together, and generalize everything.

I agree with you guys when it comes to Honda and Toyota. I think they are over-rated, and not any better than the domestic counterparts. I think people are more likely to repair and deal with problems with those cars because of the reputations they have received. When similar problems happen to domestics, they are not willing to and label them crap.

As for the German car stigma, its funny. We have had them for about 10 years, 200k miles and $0 in NON warranty repairs. However when they do need repairs, I will be buying the parts online and through various locations that do not charge dealer prices, and will be doing the repairs myself if I can. Just like all of you guys would.

I think a lot of you guys lump all "foreign" car companies and enthusiasts together, and generalize everything.

I generalize them for the most part, but to be honest I see them as status symbols for yuppies and wannabes. Plain and simple I'd only own one if I didn't have to buy it with hard earned money, and then I'd beat the ever loving piss out of it. The pussies who think their shit don't stink and that their cars are so great would hate me for beating a brand new Mercedes, Lambo, Ferrari, or BMW to death. :bangbang:

I generalize them for the most part, but to be honest I see them as status symbols for yuppies and wannabes. Plain and simple I'd only own one if I didn't have to buy it with hard earned money, and then I'd beat the ever loving piss out of it. The pussies who think their shit don't stink and that their cars are so great would hate me for beating a brand new Mercedes, Lambo, Ferrari, or BMW to death. :bangbang:

lol, so a person that pays 50k for a new Cadillac SRX is not as big of a yuppie or wannabe as someone who buys a 50k Audi Q5?

What about the GTI vs Cobalt SS?

Guest Removed
lol, so a person that pays 50k for a new Cadillac SRX is not as big of a yuppie or wannabe as someone who buys a 50k Audi Q5?

What about the GTI vs Cobalt SS?

nope not in the same class there.

that retard vs ricer comparison...

the comparison you made with a caddy and a audi...if one was looking at buying a caddy, the other choice more then likely would have not been a Q5

nope not in the same class there.

that retard vs ricer comparison...

the comparison you made with a caddy and a audi...if one was looking at buying a caddy, the other choice more then likely would have not been a Q5

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you even know the 2 cars I mentioned? Both are 35-50k midsize luxury SUV's. They are indeed in the same class.

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you even know the 2 cars I mentioned? Both are 35-50k midsize luxury SUV's. They are indeed in the same class.

An SRX is a cross-over, but anyway we were talking about Fords and Chevys. However I will have a Cadillac when i get a little older and want a nice luxury car, I don't get that yuppie vibe from a Caddy. I just get that big baller bullshit vibe with the Escalade.

Guest Removed

So..not the same Class of person would be looking at either or, with those 2 choices.