Please do not let me down Ford.

DTM Brian

At least try to give GM some competition against the camaro.

2011 Mustang

315 hp V6

400 hp V8 5.0 Liter

400 hp seems to be respectable for 5 liters of displacement. Now only if they would do a 6 liter or bigger. Maybe then mustang would get some respect from the GM camp. I am sure GM is going to up it themselves and leave Ford behind. At least Ford seems to be doing ok financially.

http://jalopnik.com/5351785/2011-ford-mustang-gets-315-hp-v6-50+liter-coyote-v8-six+speed-gearbox

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford doesn't care about the Camaro, they'll wait until the Camaro is gone again to beat it so it can't defend itself. The way Chevy has finally decided to go after the competion again is great, Ford needs to get moving. Watch out when the Z28 comes out, it may have taken Camaro 9 years to answer the terminator with it's own blower, but you guys will be done.

Guest Removed
Ford doesn't care about the Camaro, they'll wait until the Camaro is gone again to beat it so it can't defend itself. The way Chevy has finally decided to go after the competion again is great, Ford needs to get moving. Watch out when the Z28 comes out, it may have taken Camaro 9 years to answer the terminator with it's own blower, but you guys will be done.

hence the gt500...z28 isnt going to cut it.

1 2 3 4 , I declare thumb war!!!!!!!!

Guest Removed
sadly I think the days of light muscle cars are gone.

I whould love to see a cobra with a nasty na 5.4 and the gt500 with 600hp stock

they need to bring back the gts model IMO. with the gt500 driveline in it, and steeper gears in the rear.

no a/c

no power windows or any of that crap

base as base can get, slap the HP to it. and call it sold.

So worried their turning profits.......

I was all about the New Camaro. I've been in a few now including a complete bolt on with heads and cams camaro that made 480whp and it felt slow. I've only driven the V6 personally so ehhh. It felt big.

I read that the big motor from the f150 was going into the stang. If so I applaud ford for bringing some displacement to a pony thats deserved it for a long time.

Guest Removed
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That's a good one. You're funny. :D

considering the 225 of the 5.0 days was schooling the camaro then

and in before the german crap boxs are better :p

Agreed, when you compare the modern engines to the ones of decades past, of course they are able to get more hp/liter than before.

However none of the "muscle" cars, or even most (not all) domestic cars in general are exactly exercises in efficiency.

The Cobalt SS/TC's 2.0T is significantly more efficient than any of the engines produced from GM that I can remember.

Cobalt SS: 130hp/liter

Z06: 72hp/liter

ZR1: 103hp/liter

Agreed, when you compare the modern engines to the ones of decades past, of course they are able to get more hp/liter than before.

However none of the "muscle" cars, or even most (not all) domestic cars in general are exactly exercises in efficiency.

The Cobalt SS/TC's 2.0T is significantly more efficient than any of the engines produced from GM that I can remember.

Cobalt SS: 130hp/liter

Z06: 72hp/liter

ZR1: 103hp/liter

And import fan boys have to quote HP/Liter to make up for the fact they can't make as much power on a far more expensive and "technically superior" engine.

F' displacement...physical size of the motor is what really matters. And a OHV V8 is far more compact than a DOHC V8 with similar block sizes.

You know I'll have to give you the 5.0 wars, back then the 305 boat anchor that come in most f-bodies was as slow as the V6. Back in the 80s I would've much rather had the foxbody's performance, however I would've still bought the Camaro. Funny thing happened yesterday, I went to look for something new for my wife and the salesman couldn't beleive how pissed I got when he tried to show me something other then a GM car. :D

And import fan boys have to quote HP/Liter to make up for the fact they can't make as much power on a far more expensive and "technically superior" engine.

F' displacement...physical size of the motor is what really matters. And a OHV V8 is far more compact than a DOHC V8 with similar block sizes.

First of all, he was the one that brought up hp/liter in the FIRST POST. I didn't bring it up, I simply commented on his statement.

Secondly, Why am I or others like me fanboys because we don't want to drive mustangs and camaros or other domestic cars?

I like and respect most cars, including mustangs and camaros.

Go take a bath and clean your vagina out.

Secondly, Why am I or others like me fanboys because we don't want to drive mustangs and camaros or other domestic cars?

Let me share my thoughts, people who feel absolutly no need to support their country or the products that originated there are like homos, it's un-natural. I respect what other countries and auto manufactures do, but I have a strong sence of loyalty. There are plenty of people who should just go live in Japan or Germany always nutswinging on their cars, go be a real nutswinger! :eek:

Let me share my thoughts, people who feel absolutly no need to support their country or the products that originated there are like homos, it's un-natural. I respect what other countries and auto manufactures do, but I have a strong sence of loyalty. There are plenty of people who should just go live in Japan or Germany always nutswinging on their cars, go be a real nutswinger! :eek:

That is one of the most uneducated statments I have ever heard. Why is it nutswinging to buy the car that BEST suits MY style, wants, and lifestyle? Nothing offered by a domestic car company could do everything that my GTI can do.

Also, by buying Japanese and German cars, companies start to bring production here. Toyota and Honda have slowly been providing more and more US jobs, while GM and chrysler are making the US tax payers suffer because of horrible business decision. Also, VW is building a large plant here in the next 3 years as well.

If a domestic car company produced a car that I wanted to buy, I would buy it. I don't have a "loyal" brand. I buy the best car for me at that time. If it happens to be German, I guy German. If it was to be domestic, I would buy domestic.

Being close minded and "patriotic" and loyal is potentially making you NOT maximize your utility, which leads to inefficiency, which is not ideal for the economy.