Please do not let me down Ford.

DTM Brian

the best power comparison is and has always been lb/hp.

in this case:

Camaro SS Manual is 3860. auto is 3913, so I'm gonna round to 3900

3900/426hp (LS3) = 9.155, pretty good, there with the old Testarossa and Lotus Elise SC

Mustang GT Manual is 3533, so to be fair i'll round up to 3550

3550/400 = 8.875, definitely better, not by too much

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me share my thoughts, people who feel absolutly no need to support their country or the products that originated there are like homos, it's un-natural. I respect what other countries and auto manufactures do, but I have a strong sence of loyalty. There are plenty of people who should just go live in Japan or Germany always nutswinging on their cars, go be a real nutswinger! :eek:

I'm not an import vs domestic guy as I've owned both. So far as loyalty and supporting our own country arguments, fuck that. Our own country doesn't support our own people. The domestics are farming out as much as they can to overseas and the administration is the one who opened that door. Sadly, we are a country of consumers.

In the end it's my money and my car and I'm not here to support GM. They have to earn my money and my loyalty. So far they haven't won out as often as the imports for delivering what I've wanted in a vehicle. Ford with the new Mustang, as noted earlier, would be at the top of my considerations if in the market.

I'm not an import vs domestic guy as I've owned both. So far as loyalty and supporting our own country arguments, fuck that. Our own country doesn't support our own people. The domestics are farming out as much as they can to overseas and the administration is the one who opened that door. Sadly, we are a country of consumers.

In the end it's my money and my car and I'm not here to support GM. They have to earn my money and my loyalty. So far they haven't won out as often as the imports for delivering what I've wanted in a vehicle. Ford with the new Mustang, as noted earlier, would be at the top of my considerations if in the market.

ok, its nothing new that a company is going else where to build some cars, hell my 96 firebird is built in canada. But what you fail to realize is, the domestic auto makers still employ way more americans than any other. and to each there own how you choose a car, but as far as im concerned, american companies build any type/style of car i would ever consider, so ill stick with them.

This thread is so amazing it makes me want to fuck monkeys in the back of my Honda while reading how to improve my LSX car.

There is a mind fuck for you, it is called drive what you want, make it what you want, and care less what others say on the internet.

I just get that big baller bullshit vibe with the Escalade.

Not to mention its a big giant piece of shit

There is a mind fuck for you, it is called drive what you want, make it what you want, and care less what others say on the internet.

This. But its fun arguing on the internet.

hello, ford's best selling car ever, the Taurus was made in Mexico. nothing new there. fords been trucking shit up from there for years. when the USA wasnt allowed to make R-12 anymore, ford was bring it in from there by the trunk full.

and most import cars parts are reman'd there. like you euro-car automatic tranmissions, get reman'd in mexico.

Taurus was built in Atlanta from 86-07. :)

This thread is so amazing it makes me want to fuck monkeys in the back of my Honda while reading how to improve my LSX car.

If I were you Wagner I would just lock the thread. This was suppose to be a comparision between the Mustang vs Camaro. Turned into a import vs domestic thread. This is why I post less and less on here.

If I were you Wagner I would just lock the thread. This was suppose to be a comparision between the Mustang vs Camaro. Turned into a import vs domestic thread. This is why I post less and less on here.

Well not your fault it turned into a big e-fuck fest.

Back on topic...

Fox > 80's f-body

4th gen > *mustang

5th gen vs new mustang only time will tell

Guest tbutera2112

ive owned my share of fords, and i have been more than happy with every single one of them...stellar vehicles

my mom had a mazda3 that i daily drove in high school and it wasnt bad, but it had some flaws i disliked

and i had an amigo with 180k miles that i raped on and off road and it was a tank...i shouldnt have sold it :(

my current daily is a saab...people can argue all day whether its euro or domestic...gm platform with ecotech engine, but the styling and computer shit is all european...either way, its a very nice car and definately the smoothest best riding car ive owned....

ive never ran into any major problems, aside from the mustang, but thats another story

ive owned japanese, domestic, and a half-euro car....people, drive what you wanna drive and be happy with it.... who gives a damn if someone else drives something different

and scott....im pretty far from a yuppie, and i was about 2 seconds from buying a e46 before i got the saab....and now im kinda wishing i would, because fwd is getting boring...the yuppies refence to euro cars makes about as much sense as the mullet reference to camaros... sure its played out by everyone, but i LOL at anyone who takes that shit seriously

and mkv aaron...your VW is gay with jones' audi

as for performance....i will own mustangs for the rest of my life, even if i have the money to pick up something different

Back on topic...

Fox > 80's f-body

4th gen > *mustang

i agree with most of this statement. Although it should be changed to, foxbody>305 80's f body. i am curious how the new cars will compete though. Im curious what dodge will do now to compete the the GT and SS, or even the 6 cylinder models now that even ford has stepped it up. I think some one mentioned in another thread that dodge was upping the power of the SRT-8 to like 525 to aim for the shelby and Z-28, but its still to under powered and over weight to compete.

Guest Removed

Back on topic...

Fox > 80's f-body

4th gen > *mustang

fox chassis > all of the above.

think about this. people taking the driveline from a 4th gen maro, and shoving it in fox's...every where

fox chassis > all of the above.

think about this. people taking the driveline from a 4th gen maro, and shoving it in fox's...every where

That's because a nice sbc and a t-56 combo is fast and reliable. Too bad the rearends were junk. Fox body's are cheap and plentiful. If people could get shopping carts to be just a little bit more driveable, they toss out their fox chassis and stick their sbcs in there. True story.

That being said, I think ford is doing some good things with their turbo motors. The ecoboost was a great idea, and their focus RS or whatever with the turbo-5 (is that available here?) is ALMOST something I'd own.

focus rs isnt available here because ford fucking failed big time making it euro only...ide rock one of those in a fucking heartbeat

Well, its cause all the good fords are made/designed in Europe. I remember when I first saw the Focus ST a few years ago, I was impressed and could not believe that it was a Focus.

focus rs isnt available here because ford fucking failed big time making it euro only...ide rock one of those in a fucking heartbeat

What a bunch of retards. Who thought it was a good idea to have an American company make a sweet product in a sea of crap, then NOT sell it to Americans? Wow, they need to be flogged and fired.

and scott....im pretty far from a yuppie, and i was about 2 seconds from buying a e46 before i got the saab....and now im kinda wishing i would, because fwd is getting boring...the yuppies refence to euro cars makes about as much sense as the mullet reference to camaros... sure its played out by everyone, but i LOL at anyone who takes that shit seriously

and mkv aaron...your VW is gay with jones' audi

Exactly, well put.

No

I think gearhead says more 100% wrong stuff on CR than anyone else. Comical that after people point out how 100% wrong he was, he never addresses it, and sometimes doesn't even post back up in the same thread. :gtfo::bangbang:

The term eurotrash comes to mind. If any of you feel the need for me to change my mind or approve of your choice in cars can just get over it. I'd just be happy if anyone has the balls to go get what they want not caring what anyone else thinks. All I did was voice my opinion in this thread, and a few of you just don't want to accept it. Believe me when I say that you don't need my approval.

The term eurotrash comes to mind. If any of you feel the need for me to change my mind or approve of your choice in cars can just get over it. I'd just be happy if anyone has the balls to go get what they want not caring what anyone else thinks. All I did was voice my opinion in this thread, and a few of you just don't want to accept it. Believe me when I say that you don't need my approval.

If you think that anyone of the "eurotrash yuppies" on the forum are phased by your opinion or comments, you are giving yourself way too much credit. A discussion or argument has 2 sides or more.

My last 4 cars have been German, and my purchasing routine will not be altered because I have encountered someone online with a differing view.

You need to grow up and view a discussion or argument as what it is. Nobody is trying to alter anyones opinion. It just doesn't happen. However there were some statements that were just plain False, which should and were pointed out.

you can graciously thank mkv aaron for that. once again he comes in to spew his love for German stuff. that’s cool dude u like this or that ….but this was a thread about camaros an mustans

not calling you out man but i swear every time there is a thread on here you always come by an poke your head in an ebattle about german cars cool man good for you an your german stuff. an thats fine but there is a time an place for that. an this thread was not one of them

you can graciously thank mkv aaron for that. once again he comes in to spew his love for German stuff. that’s cool dude u like this or that ….but this was a thread about camaros an mustans

not calling you out man but i swear every time there is a thread on here you always come by an poke your head in an ebattle about german cars cool man good for you an your german stuff. an thats fine but there is a time an place for that. an this thread was not one of them

Go fuck yourself paul. Read the thread again, and until post 23 or so, nothing I said was any different than the dozens of threads posted daily where, you, gearhead etc post bull shit just to stir shit up. You guys post up more bull shit than anyone else here, yet because I like to poke fun of and defend foreign cars when they get bombarded with hillbilly bull shit posts its my fault?

Get the fuck out of here, you all bitch and moan about threads when people post up different opinions than yours, yet most of those bitching are the biggest offenders when the tables are turned.

Grow up douche bag.

Go fuck yourself paul. Read the thread again, and until post 23 or so, nothing I said was any different than the dozens of threads posted daily where, you, gearhead, trowa, killjoy etc post bull shit just to stir shit up. You guys post up more bull shit than anyone else here, yet because I like to poke fun of and defend foreign cars when they get bombarded with hillbilly bull shit posts its my fault?

Get the fuck out of here, you all bitch and moan about threads when people post up different opinions than yours, yet most of those bitching are the biggest offenders when the tables are turned.

Grow up douche bag.

aww dang did i hit a nerve there emo kid?

post # 14 an 21 is where u created this whole off topic shit storm. i take topics off topic in none car related topics... shit that doesnt matter so how about you fuck off... lol an you say to grow up yet you call people douche bags :jerkit: realllll mature there...if you want to continue this make a new post quit shitting in this thread.

brian shoudl be a good upcoming years from the gm/ford crowd. i just hope they both stay afloat an get back on there feet so we can see what they can really offer on the table