New ride/Project :D

BoostedAce

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I did not put pvc piping on it.....if you didnt read i have mabe driven the car 5 times max. Im trying to get a stock B.O.V. so i can make it recirculating because I cant stand when it boggs. I did not put that coolant hose on there either. Those will be going soon enough. I SAID I got these headers because the stock ones on there cracked really bad. I WOULD CALL THAT MAINTENANCE. But look at is as you please. 750cc injectors will be on there BUT I know im in need of a fuel pressure regulator. I was told not to run a Evo III 16g on stock fuel pump and injectors, so I have not beaten on the car. I got the fuel pump in today.

Look dude, you need to realize that the people here are trying to help you. We were all 18 once and we have all done stuff wrong at one point because we were young and didn't know any better. We wasted money on things we wouldn't do again, and have learned from our mistakes.

What most are trying to do is let YOU learn from OUR mistakes. Read lots of internet forums regarding your car, read as much as you can, ask questions, and do this BEFORE you buy parts. It will only save you money.

So don't act like a baby when you come on here acting like a 10 year old throwing garbage parts on your car when everyone is only trying to help. Grow a pair, do some research and take the advice of those that know WAY more than you do.

Good luck

So 440s, 550s or 650s? Which one. Ill tell you where I would like the car at so I can get the best advice from you guys. My plan is to go no bigger than the 16g on it since it is fwd. I would like to take it to the track and beat on it a little but I want it to be reliable and not blow shit up. I dont want to make to much power that I feel unsafe in it. So mabe 320 whp. Im not sure how that works.

The stock injector size is 450cc people are trying to give advice and have no idea about the car, some of us on here been playing with dsm's 10+ years, your not going to make 320whp on that 1g maf, if its fwd and you want to slow the spool down so your not spinning all the time run a 10cm exhaust housing. 550's or 660's will be fine.

The stock injector size is 450cc people are trying to give advice and have no idea about the car, some of us on here been playing with dsm's 10+ years, your not going to make 320whp on that 1g maf, if its fwd and you want to slow the spool down so your not spinning all the time run a 10cm exhaust housing. 550's or 660's will be fine.

Ok cool man thanks a lot. I will be searching for those.

Just go on columbus dsm and someone will give you a stock UICP get rid of that shit, if you need a bov I have a few laying around.

Cool dude. I just joined Columbus DSM so I will see what I can come up with. Just let me know anytime you are comming around columbus/Westerville and I could buy a stock bov off you, or I could meet you somewhere

Cool dude. I just joined Columbus DSM so I will see what I can come up with. Just let me know anytime you are comming around columbus/Westerville and I could buy a stock bov off you, or I could meet you somewhere

I have a stock skyline bov thats good for upper 300+ hp that uses the same mitsu flanged bov, they looks identical as the dsm ones but have a stiffer spring. 40$ and I can meet you in columbus tomorrow I have some things to get at the CVS in westerville on cleveland ave.

I have a stock skyline bov thats good for upper 300+ hp that uses the same mitsu flanged bov, they looks identical as the dsm ones but have a stiffer spring. 40$ and I can meet you in columbus tomorrow I have some things to get at the CVS in westerville on cleveland ave.

I work tomarrow 3-9 :(

16g +550's +2GMaf+AFC = The DSM Standard.

QUOTED FOR THE FUCKING TRUTH! Except you'd probably want a walbro 190 fueld pump.

Just log onto CDSM, say hi then start reading their tech article's. Alot of that stuff goes pretty far back, i remember a guy by the name of Gunner (i think) made a very simple, yet informative post for newb's that made the corrolation between the size of turbo you want to use and what sort of supporting mods you would need. Simple enough but if your a newb your not gonna know what you need so read up, the info is out there.

EDIT: took me all of 7 seconds to find it... http://www.columbusdsm.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1325

• 1 month later...

OK, so now that I have my fuel pump assembly I should be good. Today I switched rims with my buddy that has a 2G because he has a black car and I did not like the black rims. These pics are from today after i put the rims on.

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/Boosted_ace/1990DSM1.jpg

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/Boosted_ace/1990DSM2.jpg

-Old ones-

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/Boosted_ace/91DSM2.jpg

Theres some sort of jizz stain on your hood ?

In all seriousness, dont' go beyond the simple shit for now, or you'll be sorry.

Ensure all maintenance is complete,hell unless you have some solid proof the timing belt/wp was done recently, DO IT AGAIN.

16/2Gman/550's/2G MAF/AFC/190 or 255 w/fpr/ on a healthy motor and you'll be in heaven and somewhat reliable on reasonable boost. Hell throw on a cheapy supra SMIC and call it a day.

Look dude, you need to realize that the people here are trying to help you. We were all 18 once and we have all done stuff wrong at one point because we were young and didn't know any better. We wasted money on things we wouldn't do again, and have learned from our mistakes.

What most are trying to do is let YOU learn from OUR mistakes. Read lots of internet forums regarding your car, read as much as you can, ask questions, and do this BEFORE you buy parts. It will only save you money.

So don't act like a baby when you come on here acting like a 10 year old throwing garbage parts on your car when everyone is only trying to help. Grow a pair, do some research and take the advice of those that know WAY more than you do.

Good luck

+1 for the truth...i got my car and threw abunch of shit on it just to find out that it didnt work well with other parts..pretty much had to start over. i was very lucky to have some good people help me learn what to do and give advice and so on..just remember this..help us, help you if you need a hand with the car PM me

+1 for the truth...i got my car and threw abunch of shit on it just to find out that it didnt work well with other parts..pretty much had to start over. i was very lucky to have some good people help me learn what to do and give advice and so on..just remember this..help us, help you if you need a hand with the car PM me

Ya that was old, but I understand that now, remember when u guys pointed out PVC piping? Well i traded my friend that PVC piping and my bov for his stock tubing and stock bov. Cause i took advice on making it not look half assed and thats why i traded rims, these are stock rims with new tires and I want it to look stock. But thanks for telling me that shit cause it looks way better. After I put this fuel pump in it im just going to enjoy it for summer, I scared myself cause I could not find a Fuel pump assembly and though my car was done for.

• 2 weeks later...

So. As some of you may know my car won't go in to gear. So I towed it last night from my garage to my school at 1am. My friend works at U-Haul and got me the truck and trailer free to use for 2 hours. Trans will be comming out tomarrow.

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/Boosted_ace/Tow1.jpg

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/Boosted_ace/tow2.jpg