Post your weird habits.....

Flybye

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me to. I think it is for this reason I cannot walk outside without shoes. My hillbilly wife can walk on gravel but I cant walk on peebles.

I'd probably never wear shoes and socks if I didn't have to. We weren't meant to wear them. I'll walk outside in the winter to take the trash out with no socks or shoes on. Not a weird quirk, I just don't like wearing shoes that much. The winter thing is mostly too lazy to bother putting shoes on and I'm not a sissy so my feet getting a little cold don't bother me.

Then I check the light switches to make sure none of them are between off an on. From there

Ha. I thought I was the only person that did this. If I see my wife turn a switch off, I will more than likely follow behind her and check it is "really" off.

I am the only one allowed to do the nightly house check for locks, appliances turned off, temp set, humidity set, animals fed... on a rare night that I fall asleep in the living room and wake up at 2am, even though my wife has already done all those things before she went to bed, I have to do them again.

And yes, I know I have OCD.

OCD is not a logical. Stop it. :)

Sometimes I'll double check to see if I locked the door if I don't recall doing it, but that's about it. If I recall locking it, then guess what...THE DOOR IS LOCKED!

No light from the light bulb = the light is off. I don't need to check it.

Programmable thermostat = don't need to check it. Set and forget the humidity on the furnace. Make sure the dog has food/water before we leave for work, that's about it.

I don't get the purpose in all of this OCD stuff. I chew my nails, but that's a bad habit vs. OCD (same as smoking I suppose, though I never picked up that habit).

i wipe off the rim of a can before i drink out of it but i usually pour it into a cup anyway.

constantly checking to make sure ear rings are still in my ears.

have to keep a fan running in my room constantly.

bouncing my right leg when i'm sitting or when i'm on a highway on the bike.

i wash my hands twice.

OCD is not a logical. Stop it. :)

No light from the light bulb = the light is off. I don't need to check it.

This is what worries me. Have you ever heard a lightswitch buzz when its inbetween on and off?

...now if you hold the switch in the middle, you'll have a long-lived transient event. the unstable current as i understand can cause tremendous heat, melting the contacts in the switch, welding it in place and with the heat building up, can possibly cause fire.

Granted its not a proven theory, but I check them anyway.

This is what worries me. Have you ever heard a lightswitch buzz when its inbetween on and off?

Granted its not a proven theory, but I check them anyway.

Just buy those big chunky light switches, the older style that make a noticeable CLICK or whatever when moved, and they are solid/harder to move, maybe that'd help?

If I am at home or at a family member house I can't wear shoes. I perfer to be barefoot. I will walk outside barefoot in anything but snow. Sometimes at work I have to take my shoes off because I can't stand wearing shoes. This happens very often :(

I wear shorts around the house all the time. If I'm home for the day or night, I change into shorts and a t-shirt. Wife thinks I'm crazy, but I'm most always hot and can't stand being uncomfortably hot. If I wear jeans and sweatshirt to the store, I have to change when I get home. I will wear socks when it's really cold out, but even now, shorts-T and no socks here at my PC and I'm fine.

i go to the bank and pull out 20k in cash and get naked with it.....rub it on my junk, lay on it, smell it, the usual stuff you do with cash, then just put it back in the bank. I do this 2-3 times a week.

Now I know why I don't like to touch money.I try to use my check card 100%,pay bills on line and have direct deposit.If I do have money it's in my wallet in numerical order heads up!Yes, I have issues.

I'm another one of the people who check locks and light switches multiple time. Also I have to make sure the garage door goes all the way down. I've driven 15 min away and wondered if the garage door shut all the way, and driven all the way home to check.

Wow I am not the only one, this has happen to me every few months, most the time I just turn around down the street.

Ghost face- my dad does the same thing he never takes first first milk in line he always has to get the back one, if something is displayed in a store he will grab the last item.

The only thing I can think of is that when I set my alarm, I check that it's "on" multiple times. It's really only when I have to work very early, though. I also check my earrings a lot to see if they're still there.

I have the same problem. I have to check it 3 times, then wait, 3 times again, wait, then 5 times. If I don't do it in that exact order I feel like my alarm won't ever go off.

I also eat certain things in multiples of 5: cereal, Spaghettios, Macaroni, crackers, etc. I only have a few weird habits, but the ones I have are extremely exact in how I do them.