What camera batteries do you use?

wnaplay1647545503

i dont use batteries that are already dead and last 3 pictures. lol

i use some energizer rechargable.

my brother got my mom a new camera for christmas and made a big deal about "and it has a rechargable battery so you dont have to buy AA's anymore"

i then told him how dumb he is because he could have bought rechargable AA's and if they ran out when she was out, she could pick up new batteries, where as with a battery specific to that camera, she would have to find an electrical outlet and wait a couple hours for it to charge before she can use it again. i will only buy cameras that take AA's or AAA's from now on.

I use engerizer rechargeables "the ones with the green stripe <>2450mahr rated" at weddings and I could probably use only one set for the entire day in my flashes, but I swap between the ceremony and reception just so I don't lose any flash recycle speed.

i dont use batteries that are already dead and last 3 pictures. lol

i use some energizer rechargable.

my brother got my mom a new camera for christmas and made a big deal about "and it has a rechargable battery so you dont have to buy AA's anymore"

i then told him how dumb he is because he could have bought rechargable AA's and if they ran out when she was out, she could pick up new batteries, where as with a battery specific to that camera, she would have to find an electrical outlet and wait a couple hours for it to charge before she can use it again. i will only buy cameras that take AA's or AAA's from now on.

That is a good idea. My canon DSLR has a grip that holds 2 of their battery packs and I also have a tray that can except AA's for emergencies. When I used a point and shoot I made sure it took AA's for the same reason as you.

I avoid AA cameras because they EAT batteries. I can go FOREVER on my olympus p&s with the rechargable battery. My old Sony was the same way.

with my canon S5IS, i can usually get 400 pictures before my batteries go dead. id rather have the option of being able to pick up universal batteries anywhere than have to figure out some way to charge my battery because i want to take more pics

I avoid buying cameras that use AA batteries... I spend a little more and get the cameras that have battery packs...

but if that isn't in your budget, buy Engergizer Mh25000 batteries, they are the shit! they can come in rechargable also.

I used NiCd/NiMH AA for quite a while, but they're a pain in the butt because if you aren't constantly exercising them, you'll forget that they drain just sitting in the drawer, so you miss charging them up the night before something important, and when you get to where you're going, they're practically dead already.

So then I switched to just regular old alkaline, but apparently sticking them in the fridge doesn't work anymore, or maybe I didn't let them thaw out enough. I dunno... supposedly doing that keeps them fresher longer, but it didn't work out that way at last year's Doodah parade, and I was rather pissed.

The next set of AA or AAA batteries I buy are going to be those Energizer lithium jobs. I've never had a single problem with the lithium packs in my cell phone or the Canon I got from Haze's buddy, so I figure I might as well give them a try in my calculator (which eats AAA's like candy) or my wireless PS2 controller and see how they do.

If your camera uses AA's, I highly recommend the Engergizer rechargable batteries. And go for the 15 minute rechargeable ones. On my old point & shoot, I had 2 sets so one could be charging while I am taking photos with my other. I could easily get 800 shots with the flash on the set of Mh2500. The other set I had were Mh2200 and I could still get 600-700 photos. Plus when they would go dead, 15 minutes later, I was back to taking more photos.

I am not a fan of the battery pack types. Yes they take more photos per charge, but then you have to wait 2+ hours to recharge. I know my Canon Rebel had the battery pack, and I am getting use to it, but I do miss the quickness of the recharge if I need it.