Thoughts on these bikes

wagner

That looks pretty cool. I just got my permit and never thought about getting a bike like that. Would you drive it on the street or just use it as a dirt bike?

Street bike most of the time MAYBE some off-roading. My main concern is getting something that I feel comfortable on.

I might know a little about these bikes :ninja:

You want an E or K model. S &SM=no power. DynoBrian dynoed mine at like 41-42hp

Hocking Hills on SM=major win

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq206/rawlins1087/drz003.jpg

SM bikes are cool. Keeping up with half the shit on this board is difficult though. Id opt for a R6/ZX6/CBR/GSXR as a bar hopper or event bike.

:gtfo:

I just built my 2002 Yamaha YZ426 in to a SM. Way to fun to ride. Should be illegal. What ever you do, don't start with a bike that comes street legal. They have a bunch of smog, and carb restrictions. You should be able to buy a mid to late 2000's 450 and convert it. I spent about $500 on the Dual sport kit, $250 on a used stator off ebay, $50 for a kick stand, and look to spend at least $1000 on wheels and tires. There are many more mods out there for off road bikes compared to dual sports. Oh ya, converting the title is a breeze! i think it was 30 bucks total. YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE IT INSPECTED. they will try and tell you that you do but by law you do not, unless it is a out of state bike.

Cool bikes but unless I thought I would do some off roading, I would stick to a sportbike. Might be cool to be able to switch, but they dont seem like they would be comfortable riding on the street.

Way more comfortable than a sportbike. Also they handle alot better than sportbikes. Last trip to Hocking Hills was with some Ohio riders and they couldnt keep up with the little 400. And most were on 900cc+ bikes