• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

holy hell thats a huge sprocket!

That's what she said.

*edit*

And now to actually add to the thread like a good board member:

I havn't been "in" the bike world long enough to really have a good grasp of everything that's out there, so I can't really make a judgment on what I think is the best looking bike ~ever~, but there are some that have really caught my eye.

I'm nearly 100% sure nobody will agree with me, but I think the Buell 1125r is a very good looking bike.

Buell_1125R_2009_09_1024x768.jpg

There's just something about it... I've never really been a fan of Buell. I like them in theory; I love 'outside of the box' ideas, and god knows Buell is all about that, but their designs have never done anything for me once the ideas all come together. The 1125r though has really got me enchanted. I'm not saying it's perfect; I actually hate the way the front cowling doesn't 'connect' to the side scoops...it just sort of floats there. I can get over that though. It's just something about 'form out of function' that really get me going and this bike is, in my opinion, the epitome of that idea.

Edited by Harb67

theres bikes that are cool because they go fast down a road, and then theres bikes that just look like pure sex on wheels. i was browsing the nets today and just couldnt stop staring at the 09 R6. what do you think is the most beautiful bike ever? (pics preferred)

09MS_YZFR6_blk_S4_8a35ec01.jpg

I honestly cant disagree. It looks fantastic in all black

I can get over that though. It's just something about 'form out of function' that really get me going and this bike is, in my opinion, the epitome of that idea.

but this thread is not about function, its all about form. at least thats how i imagine it. sure i love that buell has a new engine that is actually competitive (sort of), but is it pretty?

Are we just talking stock? If not I love custom zx14's. Fast ones with the fancy schmancies. :D

MR. TURBO (500+hp)

%27Green-Machine%27-Kawasaki-ZX14-custom-bike.jpg

I can't disagree with you more. I'm not bashing your tastes, but rather I'm just musing over the whole 'different stroke for different folks' thing. I personally hate gaudy modded show bikes. A certain degree of custom flare is great, but the extremely overdone stuff like that bike and 99% of the stuff you see on Superbikes! really rubs me the wrong way. I prefer much more low-key cosmetic mods; check out this thread for pics of a bike that I think is drop-dead gorgeous. I love when people cosmetically mod their bikes in such a way that compliments the desing and helps the bike really come together well. That's an example more towards the far end of the 'low key' spectreum that I like though; I'm not totally against custom stuff...just don't care for the really loud "LOOKATME" stuff.

But if an all-chrome bike appeals to you, more power to ya :D

but this thread is not about function, its all about form. at least thats how i imagine it. sure i love that buell has a new engine that is actually competitive (sort of), but is it pretty?

That's my point. I'm not even talking about performance numbers or anything; I just love how virtually everything on the bike helps contribute to both the function of it and also to the overall look of the bike. You can look at pretty much any part of it and see how it contributes in some way to the function of the machine. In my eyes, it all comes together to create an image of pure functionality that I personally find beautiful. There's art and then there's design, and while they can go hand-in-hand to create beauty, they can also stand alone and be beautiful by themselves.

I can't disagree with you more. I'm not bashing your tastes, but rather I'm just musing over the whole 'different stroke for different folks' thing. I personally hate gaudy modded show bikes. A certain degree of custom flare is great, but the extremely overdone stuff like that bike and 99% of the stuff you see on Superbikes! really rubs me the wrong way. I prefer much more low-key cosmetic mods; check out this thread for pics of a bike that I think is drop-dead gorgeous. I love when people cosmetically mod their bikes in such a way that compliments the desing and helps the bike really come together well. That's an example more towards the far end of the 'low key' spectreum that I like though; I'm not totally against custom stuff...just don't care for the really loud "LOOKATME" stuff.

But if an all-chrome bike appeals to you, more power to ya :D

I'm not a big chrome fan, but I really like custom 14's. I hate big tire kits! Any custom with a big tire kit is a huge FAIL in my book.

theres bikes that are cool because they go fast down a road, and then theres bikes that just look like pure sex on wheels. i was browsing the nets today and just couldnt stop staring at the 09 R6. what do you think is the most beautiful bike ever? (pics preferred)

09MS_YZFR6_blk_S4_8a35ec01.jpg

It is or I mean would be a great looking bike once someone chops off that fucking tail light unit.. WTF is up with that.. I think the bike makers also own the tail mod companies.. That is the only reason I can come up with by doing what they do...:D