Turbo Cars

KStang3.8

i like to attract as little attention to my cars as possible at all times. i bought my cobra for what it was/is--a monster right out of the box. the only exception to liking a nice car for it being a nice car is my wife and her SUV.

i used to rev the '87 GT in my sig back when i was in college. i did it all the time, until it was keyed. used to get notes once a month in my apartment complex in grad school to fix my 'broken exhaust'. i'd rather not have people get jealous or notice my car. maybe that will change, but probably not.

i feel you man. Whether you like it or not though, people are gawking at your cobra, and mad jealous ;)

Also, loud cars are alot more common and accepted nowadays.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overdrive is a hellova gear...

Yes. My 400hp V8 6-speed Camaro gets very similar gas mileage as my buddy's 120hp 1.6L automatic Civic on the freeway.

Why are we even having this conversation, I feel like I'm talking to a 12-year-old...

You are aware that a 500hp+ vette will get superior gas mileage to an EVO, right ?

Right?

I swear to god you sound like you are living inside of old stereotypes about cars, like some sort of bad dream we can't wake up from.

Proof? Or it didnt happen.

Are you MENTAL, even ignoring the personal reviews of the many people who own ALL OF THE CARS MENTIONED HERE TODAY..

Go to chevrolet.com

New 430hp Vette: 26mpg

New Evo: 22mpg

HAHHAHHAA

It's a sad day when Jones is campaigning for GM....

Oh. Please explain to a physics major how two engines running similar rpms, at similar fuel pressures, will obtain the same fuel consumption, or better fuel consumption out of an 8 cylinder. Please do tell.

Are you MENTAL, even ignoring the personal reviews of the many people who own ALL OF THE CARS MENTIONED HERE TODAY..

Go to chevrolet.com

HAHHAHHAA

Sure, because of gearing, and the tendancy for an evo to boost is obvious that fueleconomy.gov will put an evo at 23 mpg. However, if you want, you can get 30 out of it. Just saying.

Oh. Please explain to a physics major how two engines running similar rpms, at similar fuel pressures, will obtain the same fuel consumption, or better fuel consumption out of an 8 cylinder. Please do tell.

Do me a favor, find out what the heavier, AWD, with insane 4.xx final drive, and super close ratio tranny evo is turning @ 70.

VS

The lighter,3.42 geared vette...

I gotta figure if we all pitch in and spoon feed the info, it won't cause any hemorrhaging.

my next mod on my ford explorer, that i daily drive (all city miles), and get 14mpg with. my GTO gets 18-19mpg all city miles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fake-Blow-Off-Valve-Turbo-Sound-Whistler-BOV-Exhaust_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c53e85725QQitemZ190386296613QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Go to chevrolet.com

HAHHAHHAA

Umm see above?

Gear ratio? Amount of work being done? My car is an auto with a 2:73 rear gear and when I am doing 70 on the freeway it is at about 1800 rpm.

Don't forget your GSX that is netting infinity MPG at the moment.....

You of all people should post. What do you get in your old technology 4 cylinder jetta. 42-43. Damn. Tell me the day you see vettes getting that. Ill literally hand you my death certificate.

Umm see above?

Gear ratio? Amount of work being done? My car is an auto with a 2:73 rear gear and when I am doing 70 on the freeway it is at about 1800 rpm.

And ill do 70 at 3k in my gsx. Or a gst will do 80 at a little over 3.

You of all people should post. What do you get in your old technology 4 cylinder jetta. 42-43. Damn. Tell me the day you see vettes getting that. Ill literally hand you my death certificate.

:rolleyes: You just don't get it, and you're never going to get it.

BDAZGSX, what you've just said, is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.