Turbo Cars

KStang3.8

Ive never seen a mustang in a rally event!! However, how many eclipses, galant VR4's, evos, sti's have you seen. Oh wait....:rolleyes:

Then you don't know enough about rally. There are plenty of RWD cars, including Mustang's, that have run rally events.

http://www.stangnet.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/rallymustang.jpg

http://m80im.com/newsroom/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Rally_Chapter_01.jpg

http://images.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/p67390_large+1995_Ford_Mustang_GT_Rally_Car+Front_Passenger_Side.jpg

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell would anyone enter a mustang into a rally? They don't even handle that good on pavement. Thats like taking a sport bike to a supercross race. Sure, it can be done, but you just look like a jackass.

Wow, you found 2 of the 10 in the world. Now let me show you how us slow awd 4 bangers do racing.

SUCK IT!

I'm well aware of what a 4 cylinder is capable of, and I am quite familiar with all types of racing.

You said you've never seen one, so I showed it to you.

Rhys Millen has taken a few RWD cars up Pike's Peak, including setting two records in the Solstice, which I think he broke this past year in the Genesis.

Look at the time differences between the 2:

2008: Dave Kern (driver) and Allison Kern (navigator) broke the Time Attack AWD record in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX with a time of 11:48.434.

2009 Rhys Millen set a new class record in Time Attack 2WD at 12:09.397 in a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe.

For the most part I believe he's correct. Unless the V8 is boosted from the factory, also not counting shitty turbo cars.

I think any money spent vs. gain discussion ultimately boils down to N/A vs FI in general more than number of cylinders involved.

Look at the time differences between the 2:

That's why there are classes of racing.

Will an AWD car be faster through dirt and gravel than a RWD car? Of course. That's not disputed.

Are you better off sinking all your savings into a 500 HP 4 banger with a stock bottom end, or a V8 with bolt-ons?

I like both ends of the spectrum, but if you're spending all your savings on the inital purchase of a car I would not be cranking up the boost and tempting fate. Buy something fun and reliable until you're financially on your feet.

I think any money spent vs. gain discussion ultimately boils down to N/A vs FI in general more than number of cylinders involved.

+1 no, i'm not retarded. people agree with me.

That's why there are classes of racing.

Will an AWD car be faster through dirt and gravel than a RWD car? Of course. That's not disputed.

Are you better off sinking all your savings into a 500 HP 4 banger with a stock bottom end, or a V8 with bolt-ons?

I like both ends of the spectrum, but if you're spending all your savings on the inital purchase of a car I would not be cranking up the boost and tempting fate. Buy something fun and reliable until you're financially on your feet.

I like your advice. I agree with you. My plan is to grab up a real nice turbo car. Over my first 3-4 years of owning it i'll have a little extra money to play with and i'll buy some nice aftermarket parts. 500awhp really isn't my goal. I want a reliable, long lasting car as much as i want a fast car. So i wont' be cranking the boost up tooooo high.

in that case, diesels easily win(~175+HP for ~$500? yea). if it has to be gas, then an 03/04 cobra is probably numero uno.

03/04 Cobra is hard to beat.

This might not be affordable now, but given German cars' and their resale value, in a few years this is the new numero uno, B8 S4 stock = 333hp crank, + chip = 431awhp. There is still room for improvement with pulley and exhaust.

EDIT: Wait, cobra's are like $20K+, there are better bang for the buck cars...

03/04 Cobra is hard to beat.

This might not be affordable now, but given German cars' and their resale value, in a few years this is the new numero uno, B8 S4 stock = 333hp crank, + chip = 431 CRANK HP. There is still room for improvement with pulley and exhaust.

EDIT: Wait, cobra's are like $20K+, there are better bang for the buck cars...

Here, fixed that for you.

Plus, it's generally known after several dyno's that they were greatly under-rated from the factory. It's more like 360-370 Crank to 430 after a chip.

;)

Here, fixed that for you.

Plus, it's generally known after several dyno's that they were greatly under-rated from the factory. It's more like 360-370 Crank to 430 after a chip.

;)

You sure? I thought that was wheel...yeah I remember hearing about the under rated part though.

http://www.quattroworld.com/tunernews/mtm-gets-431hp-out-of-the-b8s4-with-just-a-chi/

Yeah that says BHP, which is wheel hp right?

Yeah that says BHP, which is wheel hp right?

No

Brake horsepower

Brake horsepower (bhp) is the measure of an engine's horsepower without the loss in power caused by the gearbox, alternator, differential, water pump, and other auxiliary components such as power steering pump, muffled exhaust system, etc

red cars are not for girls. my car is red AND manly (looking atleast lol).

why have like 5 different people in this thread bashed on Neon SRT-4's?

THEY'RE FUCKING SWEET!

They are the 5th fastest car listed in this thread, out of 22 listed.

If you count the evo 8, 9, and 10 together then SRT-4's are the third fastest.

Why so much hate? they hardly look like neons with the body kit and wing.