What would you do with 30 grand?

Orion

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myself, I would pay off the rest of my car (5k), max out my Roth for this year (which i think is (6k annually), open a scottrade account (doesnt neccessarily have to be scottrade but a similar company will do) with a few grand then save the rest for a downpayment on a house.

Being in the same boat as you DJ, and being that my debt is non-existant, I will probably spend the money on myself. There's a good probability I'll be buying a newer vehicle without financing it. Parts of the money I'll put into my investments, savings, etc... But I always say I should pay myself first, so I'll be buying a few things that I want.

Seeing how this is never going to happen, I'll play along....

Assuming that $30K just fell out of the sky I'd cash it out in $1 & $5 bills then make a bed out of it. Then I'd invite over a bunch of ladies / whores and fuck the shit outta them all on my money bed. Whatever stuck to their ass they could keep and I'd just fuck it all away.

or...

I'd track down this chick...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/giles/marketing_020809/allison_stokke.jpg

And pay her a few $K to pollvolt something else (if ya know what I mean) :lol:

Pay off my truck, put the rest into repairs on my house so I can sell my house, get a bigger house with more land and a separate building, and get my business training dogs going full time and start a family.

Let's say you just got a check for $30,000. Someone "Paid it forward", sale of stock went through, grandma sold her stamp collection, whatever. Taxes are already taken care of, so, it's an even 30k. What do you do with the money?

Buy Thorne a pizza.

Throw some in the bank for saving for a down payment on a house, put some into investments. Then take a few grand and buy a toy/some toys. Basically spend some, then take the rest and save half/invest half. This is after paying any existing debts, i.e. car, etc.