What would you do with 30 grand?

Orion

Let's say you just got a check for $30,000. Someone "Paid it forward", sale of stock went through, grandma sold her stamp collection, whatever. Taxes are already taken care of, so, it's an even 30k. What do you do with the money?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pay off whatever debt I may have, starting with credit cards, then student loans, then existing car payment, then mortgage. 30 g's is enough to buy a decent car, but honestly its not enough to go all out and get something fancy, so I don't really think its worth it to use that kind of money to buy something shiny. Once debt is settled, whatever is left I'd use to buy up Citi © stock as quickly as possible, since that shit is already on the rise and won't be stopping for a while. Fuck savings accounts, buy some stock while its still all low.

Once debt is settled, whatever is left I'd use to buy up Citi © stock as quickly as possible, since that shit is already on the rise and won't be stopping for a while. Fuck savings accounts, buy some stock while its still all low.

I hear ya on that. Ive been buying C by the truckload since its bottom at $.97.

LOL. See my post in the boating section.

But it depends on where it came from, your list has very different sources. If it was an inheritance and you needed the money, pay down your debt, buy a home, or invest it (carefully). If your other financial ducks are in a row, spend a little, invest a little....

If you really just came into $30g's, my advice would be to put it in the bank for a minimum of a year so you're don't get excited about some material thing and blow it. Or as mentioned above, I think there's still good money in stocks, though the market has sure taken a hell of a ride up in the last 9 months. Seeing $30g's turn into 60 will be more exciting than blowing it :) The key to having money is... saving and making it :)

Let's say you just got a check for $30,000. Someone "Paid it forward", sale of stock went through, grandma sold her stamp collection, whatever. Taxes are already taken care of, so, it's an even 30k. What do you do with the money?[/QUOTe]

invest it with my finance guy. Tons of stocks are ripe for the picking. Done wisely one could do very very well in the next 10-20 years.