You might be a redneck if,,,,,,,,,,,

koolrayz

I have had trouble with reception on the local channel satellite with my Dish network television. It is OK in the winter but when the leaves get on the tree's I loose the signal. Once again this spring the reception was fading. I figured I had three choices. One put a tower up and mount the dish on it, expensive and a lot of work. Cut the tree down, it is a damn nice hickory and I hate to loose it. Three pay a tree trimmer to climb and top the tree, very expensive.

In a fit of redneck brilliance I decided to SHOOT the limbs off. I selected my .270 and after 8 rounds I had the two offending limbs folded over. See before and after.

I AM A REDNECK!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc122/koolrayz/DSC09917.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc122/koolrayz/DSC09919.jpg

It's a side rarely seen in me, but two weekends ago me, and two brother in laws took our favorite guns to my inlaws barn and shot it apart causing the 2nd floor to collapse and a wall to fall in. Getting ready to take her down!

I'm amazed at the number of people in this thread that think this is perfectly OK...

+1 for ingenuity

-10,000 for having no clue where a stray bullet would land

:nono: Ray. You know better.

dude have you been to lexington??? there is probably no one within twenty miles in any direction of him and if so they would be at his house shooting it down with him probably...

next time toss a hand granade at it and post pics :)

M67 frag grenade wouldn't take a tree down. They're blast radius is about 20 meters at most, and the fragments aren't big enough to take out a tree. Det cord and it's PETN compound on the other hand, makes tree cutting easy. I've made many of LZ's this way.

So no report on your TV signal...

Reception is great!

I'm amazed at the number of people in this thread that think this is perfectly OK...

+1 for ingenuity

-10,000 for having no clue where a stray bullet would land

:nono: Ray. You know better.

Actually I am quite confident the bullet FRAGMENTS landed safely in the woods or farm field that backdrop my back yard. I chose the .270 because I had it loaded with the Speer 130gr bullets these are a very light jacketed slug that would perform poorly on something as dense as a hickory tree. There is NO way that bullet made it out the back of that tree without the lead separating from the jacket. Giving the high angle of trajectory I doubt it went more than a 1/4 mile. that would have had it land in the woods in my back yard. Lets say I am way off and the bullet went 5 times that far? There is a good mile and a half of woods and farm land behind my place.

Guest tbutera2112
Reception is great!

Actually I am quite confident the bullet FRAGMENTS landed safely in the woods or farm field that backdrop my back yard. I chose the .270 because I had it loaded with the Speer 130gr bullets these are a very light jacketed slug that would perform poorly on something as dense as a hickory tree. There is NO way that bullet made it out the back of that tree without the lead separating from the jacket. Giving the high angle of trajectory I doubt it went more than a 1/4 mile. that would have had it land in the woods in my back yard. Lets say I am way off and the bullet went 5 times that far? There is a good mile and a half of woods and farm land behind my place.

bullshit...that bullet traveled 300 miles and penetrated a house, going through all 3 floors and striking a baby in the face in the basement of some kentucky shit hole

dude have you been to lexington??? there is probably no one within twenty miles in any direction of him and if so they would be at his house shooting it down with him probably...

:confused:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/probably

:thumbup:

Reception is great!

And if you would happen to have missed? Then what?

Maximum distance an average 130gr. .270 round can travel is just shy of 3.5miles. Terminal velocity being ~550fps, and terminal energy ~75ft/lb. For reference, most modern compound bows sling an arrow @ ~300fps, and are also around 75ft/lb of energy.........and they take down moose.

Anyway you try to rationalize it, doesn't make it smart.

bullshit...that bullet traveled 300 miles and penetrated a house, going through all 3 floors and striking a baby in the face in the basement of some kentucky shit hole

More like ~3 miles.

My point being, that 'probably' is a big chance to take. Had your family member been the one to accidentally catch a stray bullet with their head from some guy trying to shoot down some tree limbs, would you accept, "Well, I was pretty sure it wouldn't go that far" as a legit excuse?