Would you pull?

Nate1647545505

I was downtown today at the Vet's building when a shooting happened -- group of young kids trying to nab a lady's purse opened fire on her when she tried to run.

I thought about it for a second, as it happened a block or two away, if I were walking to the car or was near by -- what would I do?

Just curious to see what the opinion is...

Honestly if I was right threre I would draw, but not a block or two away. To much shit could go wrong

Agreed. No doubt in my mind the reasoning behind my CCW was self-defense and to help protect people from the pieces of shit that roam this earth. I spent a good part of my life doing it for the Army no reason to stop now.

Plus being that far away you would not be able to determine who started the incident or be able to explain that to a judge. I agree with Kapok though, would like to think I would help.

Seems like it could be a tricky legal situation to me. You weren't in any danger and self defence might not hold up. I guess it would be up to a judge, jury, and lawyers to figure out. You shoot and kill a few of them and you could be portrayed as "looking for a fight."

This is kinda the situation I'm afraid of concerning CCW. I'd hate to think that I could have just given some dudes my wallet and been left alone, but some guy came riding in on a white horse and got me shot along with who knows who else and the property damage.

Sticking you neck out like that is NEVER a good idea. The point of the CHL is personal defense, not public defender. These type of ordeals are precisely how an otherwise law abiding citizen finds themselves in federal pound me in the ass prison.

Get on your cell, call the cops and provide a description.

Seems like it could be a tricky legal situation to me. You weren't in any danger and self defence might not hold up. I guess it would be up to a judge, jury, and lawyers to figure out. You shoot and kill a few of them and you could be portrayed as "looking for a fight."

You're allowed to act in lethal force if someone else is in danger as well.

To me it really depends how far away it was or if I could tell it's near. Call 911 would be my first reaction, then probably find cover, and make sure that it's not something that's coming my way.

This is kinda the situation I'm afraid of concerning CCW. I'd hate to think that I could have just given some dudes my wallet and been left alone, but some guy came riding in on a white horse and got me shot along with who knows who else and the property damage.

You can defend others but you have to make sure that they weren't the aggressor. I don't know if I would pull or not. Tough decision. On one hand if it was my mother and someone was shooting at her I would want someone to stand up for her but on the other hand you never know these days. I hope never to be put in either situation.

Never try to be a hero. Been there done that and got the f out because I thought about the possible charges. It's not a good idea unless you're directly threatened, or someone who is dear to you.

It sucks, but you can get into serious trouble. Especially once they realize your back ground. It's just best to stay low.

Never try to be a hero. Been there done that and got the f out because I thought about the possible charges. It's not a good idea unless you're directly threatened, or someone who is dear to you.

It sucks, but you can get into serious trouble. Especially once they realize your back ground. It's just best to stay low.

Glad somebody else chimed in with some common sense. I knew I could count on you. :cool:

I don't think in these situations I act... I have save people from cars that were on fire I've torn a door off a car ( bent the window frame to get them out) and I've stopped the car in the middle of the street to help a dude that's getting beat up. If I feel it's right I don't care about going to jail..

But I'm not some Internet pussy who only cares about himself... Not pointed at anyone on here so don't go all I'm better at life than you and I can has spelling skills on me I'm just saying

Nate I know you pretty ok I feel and I do believe that if you were right there you would act not think ok well you would think faster than me anyway

no idea what I would do.... being several blocks away, I would do nothing, but let's say I was at speedway, I am towards the back picking up a nice cold 6 pack... dude pulls a gun on the guy behind the counter.... do you pull gun and go towards the guy trying to rob the place or duck and cover? I think in that situation, I would definately draw my firearm, but I would not go trying to be a hero and shoot the agressor in the back of the head.... now if he shot the clerk and is coming around, my ass is going to pretend I'm playing splinter cell and pick that mother fucker off before he knew what hit him.

now if my family is either involved or I have my wife and or children with me, that completely changes the rules... I would not defend the old lady, my top priority is getting my family to safety.

no idea what I would do.... being several blocks away, I would do nothing, but let's say I was at speedway, I am towards the back picking up a nice cold 6 pack... dude pulls a gun on the guy behind the counter.... do you pull gun and go towards the guy trying to rob the place or duck and cover? I think in that situation, I would definately draw my firearm, but I would not go trying to be a hero and shoot the agressor in the back of the head.... now if he shot the clerk and is coming around, my ass is going to pretend I'm playing splinter cell and pick that mother fucker off before he knew what hit him.

If he's acting to crazy I think I'd go for the lay down in the isle and hope he doesn't see me bit.

If he's acting like he's in a hurry pulling on him would probably just get him to run off. I'd give him that option for sure. At least there if you do split him open there is a camera so I doubt anyone's gonna feel sorry for him.

Glad somebody else chimed in with some common sense. I knew I could count on you. :cool:

Well, in a perfect world it would be an easy decision. In a perfect we wouldn't need guns, or wait in my perfect world....

I digress, in this world and in this administration the soldiers are already labeled loose canons. Remember that? Yeah, and Franklin Co is out to chew any one who uses a firearm up. Really, it's pretty bad. If you're in the wrong, they will make you look worse than two men in bed. If you're right they'll make you look wrong. There are no percentages in it, so you really only should be pulling if you are going to use it. Hope to hell you can GTFO in a hurry, or make sure it looks like there way literally no other option. Period. And any good prosecutor can and will make a Swiss Army knife sound like a lethal weapon. Imagine what they will say about a firearm. I am not saying that you shouldn't do what you have to do, but for fuck's sake use prudence and use it well! A home invasion is a lot different than a street fight. Prosecutor wants to know why you didn't run.

I wouldn't draw unless I was right there inthe situation and my life was in danger or i the lives of others were in danger. If a group of kids fired on another person right in front of me I'd draw on self defense and if they even turned towards me I'd open up. However if they then ran off I'd simply wait for the cops. I'm no cop and would pretend. However in pure self defense there would be some targets Going down.

Guest Removed
Sure, just go for the head. Then say they aimed at you.

Then there is only one side to the story.

the new hear say laws past a few years ago would fuck you over...his buddies could say you was trying to rob him and so on, then your fucked.:o