Got hit by a plastic bottle on my bike.

Slomo Eric

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yenner were on the same page.that's what I ment. It was a general statement. Even people with the right of way can't even give enough respect to move over a lane or slow down. They all tend to just sit there and watch the person try to merge.

Had someone in a jeep do this to me yesterday as I tried to merge onto 23 in Delaware. I was like, fuck it, I'm coming. Better move bitch.

I was already as fast as them if not more and a bit ahead. I'm not gonna slow down 10-15mph so that I cause problems behind me. You dont' have a single car around you and you can move over. You saw me way before I could see you. At this point, you're just being an inconsiderate prick. I always time out the merge and will move over if somone's going to merging about the time I'll pass in the left lane. It's called sharing the road.

Had someone in a jeep do this to me yesterday as I tried to merge onto 23 in Delaware. I was like, fuck it, I'm coming. Better move bitch.

I was already as fast as them if not more and a bit ahead. I'm not gonna slow down 10-15mph so that I cause problems behind me. You dont' have a single car around you and you can move over. You saw me way before I could see you. At this point, you're just being an inconsiderate prick. I always time out the merge and will move over if somone's going to merging about the time I'll pass in the left lane. It's called sharing the road.

Yes this happens often to me. I know it is not against the law to not move over but if you don't you are a fucking asshole. I have said it before and will say it again, drive defensively or don't drive at all.

had that happened to me the other day was getting on 70 and as I start to merge on the Highway a freakin semi decieded he needed to be in the slow lane. Had to take the berm to get around him. Look back in the mirror and he was busy chatting on his cell phone. Fuckin idiot.

Yes this happens often to me. I know it is not against the law to not move over but if you don't you are a fucking asshole. I have said it before and will say it again, drive defensively or don't drive at all.

This.

I did have a nice middle-aged gentleman in a neon try to merge into me/force me out of the lane while getting on at the 70/71 split coming from the south when I use to work in Columbus. I was in the right lane all the way from Berliner and when I got to the mouth of the ramp this guy tried to squeeze in last second in after passing the traffic that was waiting patiently. I didn't stop and maintained my position in the lane moving along with the flowing traffic as he cut across the median there and tried to push ahead of me.

I was in my lifted Cherokee and his neon was of the '98 variety. Needless to say when we swerved into me my tire and his passenger side mirror met.

My tire won.

This.

I did have a nice middle-aged gentleman in a neon try to merge into me/force me out of the lane while getting on at the 70/71 split coming from the south when I use to work in Columbus. I was in the right lane all the way from Berliner and when I got to the mouth of the ramp this guy tried to squeeze in last second in after passing the traffic that was waiting patiently. I didn't stop and maintained my position in the lane moving along with the flowing traffic as he cut across the median there and tried to push ahead of me.

I was in my lifted Cherokee and his neon was of the '98 variety. Needless to say when we swerved into me my tire and his passenger side mirror met.

My tire won.

LOL Have you ever tried to get onto 70E from 270S in rush hour... This is what happens all the time. No one has had the testicular fortitude to cut me off or hit me yet. I will not let them cut me off after I sat in line with everyone else for 20+ minutes. I am waiting for the day someone hits me right there.

And it is almost just as bad trying to get onto 33E from 270S the same time of day.

This.

My tire won.

What a gay

Eric, was it a red GTS? I see it in Polaris often.

I don't know if it was or not. But I'm probably gona say no.

I am not going to do anything to his car...that's just stupid. I did call 1800grabdui and explain to the HPO (Highway Patrol Officer) what happen and gave them his plate #. He said we well keep that in are records and let you let you know and will touch base with you if we see that vehicle in sight. You can come in and file a report on him if you like.

I still have not seen that car yet!

Im gonna say this right off the bat, it sucks that this dude was a dick, and Im glad to hear you are ok with no damage done. But just be glad he only threw an empty bottle. I've had more shit thrown at me on my bike than I'd care to admit. From change out the sun roof to unopened pop cans, even a fucking bag of golf balls (I know golf balls dont sound bad but they get dumped and go everywhere and they hurt like hell). Now mind you this was when I was living up in Cleveland but still just be happy it was what it was.

But its people like this that really piss riders off because of the blaitent (sp) disregard for not only for respect for another person but also the safety of it all. This is a prime example of why I carry 2 knives, and a pair of vice grips in my pocket.

I dont want to thread jack you on this, but I have a couple of war stories of my own that I would like to share. Now Im not the type of person to take the higher ground when my physical well being is at risk, and I did retaliate on both occurrences but as they say "It is what it is" and I cant change it now.

The first one I was sitting in an intersection up in Cleveland, I was in the middle of the intersection waiting for the on coming traffic to clear. Out of nowhere I get blindsided by some bitch in a Kia Sportage. She hit me right where my rear shock came down (old bike had oversized coilovers on the sides) and just kept on going. I spun 3/4 of the way around and ended up facing the same direction that she was traveling. I dont know how I didnt drop the bike or get hurt in the process. I start chasing after her on the bike, and about 5 lights down she gets caught at another red light (but this time she stops go figure). I start talking to her and she was going on and on about how you people (motorcycle riders) need to make yourselves more vidible (how she said it) you need to be more vidible. I ask her why she ran and she told me that she didnt have any insurance. Me being all kinds of pissed off and knowing that I wouldnt see a dime from this woman even if I did take her to court, I told her to visualize this, and the vice grips went through her rear drivers side window.

My second experience was just recently believe it or not. I was cruising down 23 from Delaware, and group of people pull up next to me in an impala and the dude in the back seat starts hanging out the back window yelling all kinds of shit at me. I kept speeding away but ended up catching every single light between Delaware and Polaris, giving the impala plenty of time to catch up and continue yelling obscenities and offers to fight and what not. I ignored him all the way up to the light at Sancus and Polaris pkwy. At the Sancus light, the dude in the back seat opens the door and acts like hes getting out of the car. So I drop the clutch and stall the bike ready to go right in the middle of Polaris pkwy. As soon as i start the get off the bike, he jumps back into the car and starts laughing. So I take off and get onto 71. Im cruising in the right lane and in the far right section of the lane, and right about the time I pass under the 270 overpass the impala comes flying into my lane and is cruising about a foot from my left. The dude is still hanging out the window, now right in my face with his arms raised up high in the air like he was getting ready to grab me or the bike. Hes about 2 feet in front of me and the car was slowing down, so I immediately gun the bike and give him a hard left hook to the corner of the noes/cheek. The last I saw of him was him grabbing his noes and falling back into the car. I know I could have avoided the whole situation by just speeding off and breaking all the laws and such but I didnt think it would have carried on as long as it did.

Sorry about the fucking book I just wrote.

WTF is wrong with people. I didn't realize this was a problem with riders. :confused: Sounds like it happens some what regularly. Why would anyone try and fuck with someone else for...

A. No reason at all.

B. While driving

C. In a manner that could kill or seriously injury someone?

In my mind that's the ultimate form of just human disrespect. How you don't go ape shit on someone after that is beyond me!? The fact that another person has so little care/ respect for another persons life and safety would send me into a rage. FUCK THEM, in that situation it's ME vs THEM. Screw all that "high ground" crap, we're not talking about someone cutting the line at a store or getting rude with you on the phone. We're talking about a person who is so full of themselves and ignorant that they're willing to put YOUR LIFE in danger for no reason at all and all you can say is, "oh they'll get theirs someday?" Umm know, you tried to cause me harm, I'm going to give them theirs, on my terms. :nono:

I sped up a little got in front of him safely. Then he came to the left of me rolled his passenger window down and through a plastic bottle at me. It hit my head light bounced off and hit my helmet.

HAHA

I sped back up got next to him and was pointing at him as in pull over.

HAHA Again

i already got his plate # so I'm good. I hope they find this guy.

Right, I'm sure the authorities will make this a TOP PRIORITY!!!!

/sarcasm

Maybe if you're bike wasn't stretched out you could have swerved out of the way...

But seriously, that's just stupid.

Bahahaha, if I ever get another bike we definitely need to ride.

In all seriousness, this is complete bullshit. I would have chased the person down, and called the police. No doubt about that one. And my gf lives in that area, so if I ever see the car I'll be sure to give them a piece of my mind given the opportunity. What I'd really love to do is get hundreds of those "Save a life, look twice for bikes" bumper stickers and bomb their car with them.

i almost got hit by a bitch in a cavilier on E. Broad by waggner. last night

Bitch is lucky i didnt break her mirror off.

Damn glad ur ok too bud. I think and I'm just stating this that everyone that's over 40 should retake the written and driving test. This will see how many people actually know how to drive.