John Bruh

Which would you build?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you build?

• Notchback Mustang with a 03/04 Motor Single Turbo
    • 88-92 3 Series BMW LS1 6spd Single Turbo
    • Buick Regal--Convert to GN Clone, Duramax Diesel Swap

My 3 Idea's are down to this:

( I couldnt see how to make it a poll so can i mod do this for me).

1.) Notchback Mustang with a 03/04 Motor Single Turbo

2.) 88-92 3 Series BMW LS1 6spd Single Turbl

3.) Buick Regal--Convert to GN Clone, Duramax Diesel Swap.

Which would you choose and WHY?

None. They would all be extensive money pits that you will eventually sell and lose your ass on.

Every modded car is a money pit. The plan is to build this next car and keep it. I don't plan on selling it (unless someone offer's me the right amount once its finished and i can build another one cheaper).

1) Is going to get really expensive, 03/04 Cobra motors are not cheap to build. You are very limited on the power the stock motor will make.

2) Sounds interesting, could be a fun build.

3) eh.

#2 is what I wanted to do before i thought about the notch idea. I was going to buy my buddies 318 that was perfect and swap it. (the LS1 swap was actually done very well and documented on another forum. The guy that did the swap has CNC drawings and everything to do the swap and wiring schmatics).

Every modded car is a money pit. The plan is to build this next car and keep it. I don't plan on selling it (unless someone offer's me the right amount once its finished and i can build another one cheaper).

Not every car....

Also I'm not trying to hate. I like all the ideas. I just see 99% of those kinda projects end up badly.

If I was going to do a build that required that much work and money I would simply go the route AJ is going with that camaro.

Not every car....

Also I'm not trying to hate. I like all the ideas. I just see 99% of those kinda projects end up badly.

If I was going to do a build that required that much work and money I would simply go the route AJ is going with that camaro.

I've found a 318 for 500.

plus LS1 (stock until it blows up then ill build it) with 6spd and computer 2500

Driveshaft reworked 400

Turbo kit (i have the gate, bov, and turbo, only need piping made) $200

Wheels and tires 800

I could have very small investment in this car. The LS1 is 50lbs heavier than the stock 4cyl. It would roll out Just like sams car, but chevy powered.

I wouldn't build any of that shit. Money pits, they'll never run right, while cruising down the road you'll always have that one thing in the back of your mind that you know you cut corners on and you're too lazy to tear apart the million things to redo it right, blah. Just buy an f-body and get an ms3 cam with a 200 shot.

1. Eh. It's been done enough. But, it's proven. And I've always thought the notch looked good muscled up.

2. Seems like a waste a beemers chassis if you're only considering being a straight line monster.

3. May not be for me, however, I'd be damn entertained seeing it go. And, given the other choices here, plus, it's not my money or for me, I'd love to see this one the most.

its still in the air. the car would require quite a bit more re-inforcement to withstand the torque. where the buicks frame would be eaiser to work with.

Umm no you know they make EVERYTHING for a fox corect? as fast as a turboed 4v will be it will ned most if not all the same stuff.

If it was me I whould buy a 4v powered car (already swapped) then turbo as the wiring is a bitch, let someone else do that shit and lose money at it too.

But in all reality why not do something with a car that is not seen everyday?