The 'New' ventless gas caps.

Berto

Am I the only person that absolutely hates the 'new' gas can spouts? All I can find in the stores any more is the new stuff that has the lever. Does anyone know where I can get the old school vent and spout gas cans?

It seems that the new spouts are so leaky i get more fuel spilled than actually into the vehicle i'm trying to fill up.

I feel your pain. I fucking hate them damn things. I had to go this route. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=siphon&cid=9379289776059035500&ei=GEiRTJS1EpHcNs3G-Wg&sa=title&ved=0CGkQ8wIwBzgA#p

Old garage sales are about the only place you are going to find any of the old type gas cans. Or if you go to Jegs or Summit and buy some of their race fuel cans. I have tried looking every where and that is what I was able to find out.

I guess a couple of years ago the EPA passed a law that says every can has to be like that. And that the old ones are now ‘illegal’. Some thing about how millions of gazillions of gas is wasted every year from it evaporating while in the cans. So that is what was come up with. I don't understand because if left in the sun they still blow up then when you release it you still loose it. And as you pointed out the fuel that IS saved is spilt all over when trying to use the damn thing.

Fucking over protective government.

They are awful. Mine don't leak but take forever to pour out fuel. I shouldn't have to spend 5 minutes putting 5 gallons of gas in my mower.

If you have one of the NEW new designs, you may just need to push the outer spout down into the jug until it stops to fully open the gay valve they put in there. My newest one will do that at least. You have to hold it in though; it's spring loaded.

I hate those fucking things too. I spent 30 minutes and a sore shoulder ripping all of the guts out of my large one so I could fill my damn mower without having a stress-induced aneurysm.

I hate those fucking things too. I spent 30 minutes and a sore shoulder ripping all of the guts out of my large one so I could fill my damn mower without having a stress-induced aneurysm.

Hey that's a good idea... If I get bored this weekend I might just have to go this route.

I guess a couple of years ago the EPA passed a law that says every can has to be like that. And that the old ones are now ‘illegal’. Some thing about how millions of gazillions of gas is wasted every year from it evaporating while in the cans. So that is what was come up with. I don't understand because if left in the sun they still blow up then when you release it you still loose it. And as you pointed out the fuel that IS saved is spilt all over when trying to use the damn thing.

Fucking over protective government.

This. That's why JEGS now sells "Utility Jugs" in addition to the new style. It's actually illegal to ship them to California...

Edit: These have no gay valves and I think they ship for $4.99 (for one).

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-5-Gallon-Utility-Jugs/748910/10002/-1

Hey that's a good idea... If I get bored this weekend I might just have to go this route.

Just make sure you get the spring-loaded sealing washer out. With mine I just kept pulling out piece after piece and started to wonder if I'd ever be able to see through the damn thing.

I hate those things too. I got a couple of them, but I still have a couple of the old ones. I just use the new ones to fill up at the gas station then use them to refill my old ones when they are empty.

Or you could just have one good OLD style nozzle and switch it between containers when you want to pour it. That's what I've been doing for the past 2 years. FUCK the new style, horrible horrible design.

i fucking hate those things with a passion!!

plus be careful leaving them out because the heat makes them bloat like crazy and the cold makes it suck in.

Yeah, I left one in the back of my truck last week. Sitting outside I walked by the truck and thought....WTF is wrong with that thing.

I don’t think the initial complaint was the venting but how bad the whole contraption sucks horribly at its job. That and the fact that you end up spilling more gas then with the old style cans.

I would guess you have yet to experience the pure joy of using the new style.