Question for the FWD guys

turboking15

I was reading on another forum about burnouts and a courtesy to other drivers. The issue was when you do a burnout in a fwd then roll through the water box there is the possibility of your rear tires tracking water past the burn out box and making a potential hazard for the RWD cars when they do their burnout. So what one member said he does is pull into the box, get the tires wet, back up, go around the box, then do his burnout in front of the water box so as to not track water. Does anybody else do this or is this even an issue?

Id like to hear from both the FWD cars on how they do it and from the RWD guys to see if this is actually a problem.

I wouldnt think it to be that big of a safety issue.

With the temp of the track, the amount of water on your tires, and the friction between the two, your tires would be dry 50 feet out.

^^ this. I tracked my GTP's and never saw any issues. There were always a bunch of W-Bodies there too. Never saw any water tracks left.

I guess I'm in the minority here. There have been plenty of times that I have had issues with front wheel drive cars leaving water up to the starting line. Of course this isn't just a fwd issue. There was an idiot in a evo at the track last time I was there who would just drive through the water and up to the line. He wasn't too smart. He had an impressive 2.6 60' running me one time. I guess some people just don't know what the hell they are doing. There are also people in rwd cars who leave a nice trail of water up to the line as well. Just depends on if they have a clue on what to do or not.

Thanks for the input, this will be my first time drag racing and i just want to avoid being "that guy"

You've already passed that stage....

Anyway,

There isn't gonna be enough water on the tires to worry about it. It's the guys who do a burnout in the water and spray it all over their wheel wells, they only hurt themselves. Roll through and just ahead of the water do your business and run a 13.50.

You've already passed that stage....

Anyway,

There isn't gonna be enough water on the tires to worry about it. It's the guys who do a burnout in the water and spray it all over their wheel wells, they only hurt themselves. Roll through and just ahead of the water do your business and run a 13.50.

^ this. i dont know about other tracks, but the guys at trails have bad habbit of trying to park you in the water box. i stop in the box, punch it real quick to get them wet, then pull forward and do burnout.