So what's fast?

Cordell

Oh, I'm sorry. That's only my opinion. I've known low 7's car roam the street of C-bus. But that's not my style.

so your saying a 10 point cage makes a car not a street car?

than this is not a street car

http://lsxtv.com/files/2010/09/62279_435695022884_83936612884_5110726_8352173_n.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone will always have a relative designation on fast. Around Cbus, 12.5 is fast enough on the street to get some shit done.

anything faster than 10.0 on the street will have difficulty finding a 2nd race. So if you are wanting your classification to be a street car that can find a race, I'd say you should focus on a 10.5x car that looks and sounds like a 12.7+ car.

That is where the fun is.

lots of different answers/options. slicks/skinnies/gutted/large cage, is not a street car imo. the ability to drive 30-40 miles and then run. 11.XX and faster, or traps above 120mph. like others have said, a car that looks like a high 12's car but runs 11's. right now, i think there's a significant difference between a car that will run 12's and one that will hit 11's. many stock cars will hit 12's with a decent driver right off the showroom floor. not many stock cars will hit 11's, unless some mods have been done.

125 traps and up

This thread is about a Fast street car not a quick street car you race at the track. Most people with fast street cars never race at the track. When you watch all of the street racing videos that are post how many people dig race on the street and how many people roll race?

Think about your last race on the street with some random person, was it from a dig or were you rolling? Street cars don't need to 60' they need to have trap speed and I'm sorry but 125 MPH in a street car will beat about 90% of the people who have posted in this tread alone. Let alone 99% of the cars they come up against on the street.

Guest 614Streets
Anytime Im at the track and see a car rip mid 11's or faster you can visibly tell its moving fast. I think its funny that so many street classified cars think against having a roll cage. You can tell they won't progressively be going faster each year and are write offs , not serious about the sport.

Let's see

A: it was trapping 134 sliding every shift

B: it was on all seasons

C: it was 35 degrees out

That car should be a 9 sec EVO.

Again, street tires includes summer tires, would have less of an issue than all seasons. Running on all seasons in that type of car is just irresponsible.

Anytime Im at the track and see a car rip mid 11's or faster you can visibly tell its moving fast. I think its funny that so many street classified cars think against having a roll cage. You can tell they won't progressively be going faster each year and are write offs , not serious about the sport.

Why is the cage such an issue. 90% of the time you see my car on the street, which is weekly in the summer, there is a 2 year old and a 5 year old in the back. Who in the hell puts a cage in their family car?

(BTW, next year there will be a 3 year old and a 6 year old in the back seat)

Dave

My car before I put the turbo kit on it.

It was over #4000, had all of the factory amenities. I would drive it 4-5k miles a year and had driven over 250 miles in a night racing all over the state. I even drove it to bowling green KY and raced all weekend then drove it home. Trap over 140 and run 9's with the torque thruster II wheels, 315 on back 275's on front. Yes it had a 5 point but with the swing out removable bar and the rear hoop bar removable it was not intrusive at all. Those that want to go that fast without a cage have a death wish.

Most people with fast cars never race at the track??

You don't know most of the fast cars then

Due to they are not on the Internet and are no shady enough to hang on the west side or where ever they go now...

You have a fast street car Jon but at the track who knows?

Stir stir

A fast street car is one that can beat any stock vehicle built(including bikes), end of story. How can you say you have a "fast" car and roll up on anything with factory parts and temp tags, and get waxed? Makes sense to me.

Exactly why I think in this day and age (2010), 11's aren't that fast. When someone in a bone stock car Viper, ZR1, Z06, GT-R, whatever....can beat you I'm not impressed....

Now 10-years ago, 11's in a daily driver/weekend toy was something... :cool:

Why is the cage such an issue. 90% of the time you see my car on the street, which is weekly in the summer, there is a 2 year old and a 5 year old in the back. Who in the hell puts a cage in their family car?

(BTW, next year there will be a 3 year old and a 6 year old in the back seat)

Dave

You dont need a cage until you crash.. and even then you can survive anything but death.

This thread is about a Fast street car not a quick street car you race at the track. Most people with fast street cars never race at the track. When you watch all of the street racing videos that are post how many people dig race on the street and how many people roll race?

Think about your last race on the street with some random person, was it from a dig or were you rolling? Street cars don't need to 60' they need to have trap speed and I'm sorry but 125 MPH in a street car will beat about 90% of the people who have posted in this tread alone. Let alone 99% of the cars they come up against on the street.

After reading all the replies I believe I fall into this category since I have not taken my car to the track. Im not even sure if I will. I have to much fun with it on the street. "Street Car" = You can drive it on long trips 2000+ miles which I will be soon. Must be rain friendly, Must be able to handle the curves without white knuckling the wheel, Mid 11's with drag radials! should be better, 30 mpg when I drive granny style with the ac ,cruise control, and a full sound system playing with amps and sub box. There are many cars like this on the road and on this forum. I think most all vipers,vettes,lambos,f body's, some benz,a few mustangs ,etc will fall in this category.