Ohio Employer Laws?

KillJoy

They cantblet every person take vacation on the same day and not have people there to cover the duties. At any place ive been, its first come first serve. Once the alotted number have people have requested it off, sorry everyone else.

Most people would turn in reqests off for thanksgiving and christmas time on jan 1 of the new year.

Hell, i asked in july to use some of my 80+ hours of vacation in aug and sept, and they told me it was full and i couldnt use it til oct

In Ohio, can your employer say that you CANNOT use Vacation at / around Holidays?

KillJoy

I deal with this as part of my job, and an employer most certainly can. If I let everyone off that wanted time off around Xmas, we wouldn't have enough people working to cover our needs. I do it on a first request basis until a specific day is at capacity for people to be off.

That said, I have even had employees lose vacation time because they didn't use it in time (we have set amount that can be carried over to the next year), and because everyone tries to use their remaining time up in December, once every day is full - too bad, so sad. Of course, they are given ample warnings that they need to use their time up (starting in September), so I have no sympathy for them not getting to take their time.

He's climbing in your windows inspecting your airplanes up...biatch.. you want him working on holidays unless you want planes crashing everywhere..

he must be the guy that called off last christmas when that guy slipped through. they just fixed it this year to where no one can get out of work and have another fuck up happen

:D