Fatal accident today at 1:30pm on 270NB at Easton.

SpaceGhost

I got off easy yesterday. 270 shutdown in both directions. Same place as my wreck yesterday. RIP

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2010/12/12/story-columbus-fatal-crash-interstate-270.html?sid=102

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Police said a person was killed on Sunday afternoon in a crash along Interstate 270 near Morse Road on the city's northeast side.

The wreck happened at about 1:30 p.m. in the northbound lanes of I-270.

According to police, the person lost control of their car and crashed near an underpass.

Some of the northbound lanes of I-270 were blocked by the wreck, as was the exit from northbound I-270 to Morse Road, police said.

It was unclear how long the freeway would be impacted.

No other injuries were immediately reported.

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for additional information.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dangerous spot with all the shoppers exiting.

Passed the one yesterday going southbound about 1pm. Counted 10 cars still there, one of which was a nice white STI with gold wheels :(

Sad to hear

edit: didnt even see the other thread about the other one...

I know we bitch about the people driving slow as fuck in this stuff, but it is probably for the better. When I lived up in Worthington and had to take 270 from Gahanna in the shit, id usually gladly just follow slowly behind them. Patience is a virtue.

Lady that works with my wife was in an accident yesterday as well. Went home thinking she was fine then was rushed to the hospital and put on life support. She died early this morning.

brain bleed?

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A woman was killed on Sunday afternoon when a minivan crashed head-on into an underpass along Morse Road.

The wreck happened at about 1:30 p.m. near the ramp to northbound Interstate 270.

The woman's identity was not immediately released.

No other vehicles were involved.

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for additional information.

http://www.10tv.com/wwwexportcontent/sites/10tv/local/stories/2010/12/12/image-fatal-crash-280.jpg

Report changed, aparently not the same area, looks like on Morse rd.

Report changed, aparently not the same area, looks like on Morse rd.

My wife spun out there a few years ago, luckily she didn't even hit anything and continued on her way just a little shaken. I guess that area just sucks. That pic must not do the accident justice because it doesn't look like a fatality.

That was my guess. That or the less likely chance that the airbag failed.

My wife and I drove by this as the tow truck was leaving with the van. The airbags were popped, so that wasn't it.

We both commented on the accident and how the van looked totalled.

Sucks..RIP.

Heard follow up on the news today. According to Ch4 they said the van came down the embankment from the freeway above and plowed straight into the overpass.

They said the driver was ejected, so if you ask me, it's unlikely they were buckled up. RIP for sure, but it still blows me away that people don't wear their seat belts. Amazing.

Heard follow up on the news today. According to Ch4 they said the van came down the embankment from the freeway above and plowed straight into the overpass.

They said the driver was ejected, so if you ask me, it's unlikely they were buckled up. RIP for sure, but it still blows me away that people don't wear their seat belts. Amazing.

in that new of a car you would think the van would be beeping or chiming the entire time the belt was off. I my van damn thing won't shut up.

in that new of a car you would think the van would be beeping or chiming the entire time the belt was off. I my van damn thing won't shut up.

I've seen people go to the trouble of buckling the belt with the seat empty, then sitting on top of it.