Fatal accident today at 1:30pm on 270NB at Easton.

SpaceGhost

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but it still blows me away that people don't wear their seat belts. Amazing.
my 2 cousins were hit by a drunk driver about 10 years ago. one buckled up the other didn't. the one that was buckled in was killed while the other who was ejected lived. Doesnt always help.

Yeah not smart, though there is one lady I know whos a RN, and she doesn't wear hers. She said that she would rather die than get a seatbelt related injury... Apparently they're pretty excruciating, which makes sense, but i'll take my chances.

a long time ago (before i was born) my dad was driving and hit a patch of sand around a turn, ended up going head on into a tree. he was wearing his seatbelt which snapped his collarbone in half, his passenger was not buckled up and had a chunk of his forehead removed by the windshield. ask her which one of those she thinks would be more excruciating.

Just paid it off last month. :mad:

I was standing next to Joe at work when he got a call from his wife saying you were in an accident and was sure your car was totaled. At least your safe and the car did its job to protect you.

Seatbelts dont necessarily prevent all injuries. Since no 2 accidents are the same you never know if wearing one could be the difference between life, death, walking away unharmed, walking away with some type of injury, walking away with an injury due to the belt itself ect............. Its a crap shoot and you have to make the best judgement call thats right for you.

a long time ago (before i was born) my dad was driving and hit a patch of sand around a turn, ended up going head on into a tree. he was wearing his seatbelt which snapped his collarbone in half, his passenger was not buckled up and had a chunk of his forehead removed by the windshield. ask her which one of those she thinks would be more excruciating.

yeah i never said she wasnt a fucking idiot lol. I cant even sit in a car w/o a belt or it feels horrible. They arent lying when they say they save lives, and hopefully I never find out, but if I do ill take the benefit of the doubt

there are plenty of good reasons for not wearing your seatbelt. like all those people whose story of being ejected from a vehicle before something even more catastrophic happened in the vehicle results in them never wearing a belt for the rest of their life. unfortunately for them, they don't understand the reality of statistical probability.

my 2 cousins were hit by a drunk driver about 10 years ago. one buckled up the other didn't. the one that was buckled in was killed while the other who was ejected lived. Doesnt always help.

and a similar incident happened to my own sister in law who is now an MD. Broke her hip and leg pretty badly but would have been killed if buckled up. However, actual and odds are way in your favor to be belted in. Especially in a vehicle with airbags.

there are plenty of good reasons for not wearing your seatbelt. like all those people whose story of being ejected from a vehicle before something even more catastrophic happened in the vehicle results in them never wearing a belt for the rest of their life. unfortunately for them, they don't understand the reality of statistical probability.

:wtf:

in for you to share some statistics from credible tests or data pools.

We will go ahead and put that theory to the test, I'll let you stay unbuckled and I will keep mine on.

As for people not facing as much injury when being ejected than staying in the car, buy a safer car.

As for broken bones from the seatbelt or a gash on the head... 1: a head injury is still a head injury and 2: modern seatbelts are far superior to archaic 3 point/2point belts. Pretensioners pull you into the seat as opposed to let your body slam into the belt/bag.

Safety restrains and crash structure have come a long way in that amount of time.

ben please get a 2011 STi sedan... If i could afford it right now id trade in my legacy for one.

I'm trying, the question is Dark Gray Metallic or White, I think I like the Dark Gray Metallic better than White with those wheels. I really want the Limited for the moonroof.