what oil and filter do you use?

Stimmel1647545512

S10 gets RP 5-30 or EDGE 5-30 with a wix filter (NAPA Gold, carquest blue are both wix filters).

Mazda Gets 5-40 or 10-40 pennzoil or rotella-t with either a wix filter or purolator gold.

04 Impala SS gets Mobil Synthetic (forget the weight) and wix or a mobil filter.

68 C10 gets Lubriplate GPO (absolutely awesome conventional oil) 15-40 with a wix filter

Oh and royal purple 5w30 and any filter that doesn't have a cardboard bypass stopper, so basically anything but fram.

you use royal purple in that thing? you are brave..

M1 or amsoil for the TBSS and CTS-V with ACDelco, M1 or NAPA gold filters.

amsoil for the camaro with ACDelco, M1 or NAPA gold filters.

Legacy (DD): Synth or Synth-blend, whichever deal I can get the filter I want with. The filter is a Purolator PureONE PL14610. Larger filter surface area lowers the bypass pressure requirement. This car had a hard life before I got it, so I'm keeping it in good oil, but I'm running the changes out to 4500.

WRX: High mileage 5W-30 in the winter when I'm not racing. Conventional or High Mileage 10W-40 in the summer when I'm racing. I don't care about the expensive stuff because I change the oil after every other race. Filter is also a PL14610.

STI: This one gets babied. Castrol Edge 5W-30 and a PL14610. Though I'm considering switching to Canton cartridge filters because they don't have a bypass valve.

06 Civic (DD duty) - Mobil 1 synthetic and pureone filter. Unless I can get the Mobil1 Filter in a package deal

87 RX-7 w/LS1 - See above.

04.5 Cummins - Valvoline Premium Blue (Dino oil) and fleetguard oil filter. I always get to 6 months and might not make the 5k mile interval. Plus 3 gallons of synthetic oil can get salty. These are both 'OEM' oil and filter anyway.

f250 7.3 powerstroke

amsoil 15w40 full syn with amsoil filter

06 mustang gt

amsoil 0w20 full syn or mobil 1 5w20. amsoil ea0 filter or k&n.

bike and quad get amsoil 10w40 full syn and k&n every time.

from everything i've seen, Amsoil and mobil are the "best" oil out there, plus i get great prices on amsoil since we sell it at work. I won't skimp on oil or filter period.

from everything i've seen, Amsoil and mobil are the "best" oil out there, plus i get great prices on amsoil since we sell it at work. I won't skimp on oil or filter period.

bobistheoilguy.com would disagree with you on Mobil 1. It used to be great oil, but the forum members who have done UOAs on it the last few years have seen increased iron in the results.