For all you motorcyclist out there

dover

I always wear all my gear even when "just going around the corner", and when I ride 2-up passenger is geared up too, i don't care if they complain no gear=no ride PERIOD. I've been down twice in full gear both times from construction gravel 1 lowside/1 highside and the only damage was a minor wrist fracture my gloves saved my palms and fingers, boots, pants, and jacket did everything else.

A jacket saved my skin twice, my boots saved my toes and my gloves saved my palms twice. I wish I could say I had some pants on the second time cause I was digging gravel out of my knee for a while after I got home and that doesn't feel very good. Still haven't had my head hit the ground on either wreck though.

Having PROPER fitting gear really cuts down on road rash with gear. Most people buy gear that's still too big for them on the bike. Just cause it fits you properly standing up doesn't mean it's the right size.