If Birdman's Veyron upset you...

Mallard

Then you'll love this.

He just ordered this:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/07/may_exel_1280_12.jpg

for $8 Million.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/02/bryan-birdman-williams-buys-maybach-exelero-8-million/

Back in 2008, we reported that the Maybach Exelero was available for custom order for chump change just under $8 million. The original prototype was developed by Daimler's ultra-high-end division as a high-speed test vehicle for Fulda Tires, and packed a 700-horsepower version of Maybach's twin-turbo V12 to drive it to speeds in excess of 350 km/h (217 miles per hour). But who on earth has that kind of cash to blow, and the motivation to do so?

According to the latest reports, Birdman does. The rapper, otherwise known as Bryan Williams, already has a garage packed with million-dollar rides like the Maybach Landaulet and the Bugatti Veyron, and now he's reportedly ordered himself an Exelero to go with them. Birdman is rated as the fourth richest hip-hop recording artist in the world, coming in just under Sean "Puffy" Combs, Jay-Z and Dr. Dre with a fortune estimated at around $100 million. And with that many Benjamins to his name, an $8 million ride seems like little more than a drop in the bucket.

Of course, Williams could have went the (relatively) more cost-effective route with a Viper-based replica or a Xenatec coupe, but as the saying goes, if you've got it, flaunt it. For a man whose latest album is titled PRICELE$$, that certainly holds some sway.[/Quote]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not about performance, its about getting a car very few have for bragging rights. Kind of the way Jay Leno has really expensive collector edition cars that cost millions but can be outperformed by vettes.

Its not about performance, its about getting a car very few have for bragging rights. Kind of the way Jay Leno has really expensive collector edition cars that cost millions but can be outperformed by vettes.

+1

At least you get it.

:fuckyeah:

For 8 million I could paint all kinds of various sugary treat logos all over my fleet of donked cars

Ha, just today a guy pulled up next to me in a green and yellow crown vic with BP logo's all over it. The rims had the spokes painted green and the dish was yellow too. On the back it said brandons property

ugh....

The Exelero does look a lot like Bugs Bunny, and that's an extremely over priced Merc, but I will hand it to Bridman; he's a car enthusiast and has some bad rides. If I had his money I would be doing the same thing, except I'd have a P4/5 instead.

some of jay leno's cars can be outperformed by a riding lawn mower.

Opel Speedster meets Lexus SC430.

There are a lot of things I'd get before I fork out 8mil for that thing. Buy used Formula 1 car and have money left over for engine rebuilds...and adult diapers.

+1

At least you get it.

:fuckyeah:

Agreed. I get it also. It's not about out performing a vette. It's about driving something that whole neighborhoods can collectively barely afford. I personally would reinvest the money, but I could see myself in my younger days doing it (not that I ever came .000005% close to affording it).