If your home is broken into....

Putty

How many of you have a great lawyer and millions to fight the legal battle to get out of a life sentence and then the civil trial?

im for gun ownership, but against liability.

Sheep?

Wolf?

Maybe troll?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost instinctive for me to utilize a controlled pair when I shoot. So many hours on ranges and training turn it into muscle memory. I'd probably have to explain 2 .45ACP entry and exit wounds, but it's ok.

Team Six :fuckyeah:

I have. I also researched cases. Be prepared to spend stupid amounts of money and time trying to avoid jail.

How many of you have a great lawyer and millions to fight the legal battle to get out of a life sentence and then the civil trial?

im for gun ownership, but against liability.

rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

That's interesting. Cite cases which the affirmative defense has been denied in a justified shooting following Ohio's adoption of the Castle Doctrine.

If you have read the ORC recently, you must be a little off your rocker to assume that home owners need millions of dollars and high power attorneys to defend their homes. I'm assuming you haven't read the law as it is currently written. Please go read the following sections before posting again: 2901.05, 2901.09, and 2307.601

The problem is proving it was justified. One had a guy who killed an intruder who had a gun that wasnt loaded. By the time it was done he did time for manslaughter and was sued by the family of the pos trying to rob him for hundreds of thousands.

Will check those when I get to a computer.

The problem is proving it was justified. One had a guy who killed an intruder who had a gun that wasnt loaded. By the time it was done he did time for manslaughter and was sued by the family of the pos trying to rob him for hundreds of thousands.

Well, past case law doesn't trump the new current law that addresses those exact cases. With the new laws, if an intruder broke into your house, your perception is that he is about to kill you, especially if he as a gun (loaded or not) and that gives you the right to use deadly force to protect yourself.

Even further, there is a law in Ohio that says if you are injured, maimed or killed during the comission of a crime, you cannot sue.

Not sure why my post from earlier got deleted as it was perfectly in line with rules and not in any way offensive (like that matters on CR) but you need to brush up on the Castle Law as it stands today.

In Ohio a person who uses force, deadly force, or defensive forceis justified in using the force, deadly force, or defensive force and is immune from criminal prosecution or liability and from liability for injury, death, or loss to person or property in any civil action that is based on or related to the use of the force, deadly force, or defensive force. It goes on to talk about how you can't shot a LEO, etc...yadda, yadda.

You won't spend much in the way of a lawyer except to have them review any final documents should there be a need. Very doubtful any action would even be attempted though as the courts wouldn't even admit a case for the family of the bad guy who in my case would be dead.

Not sure why my post from earlier got deleted as it was perfectly in line with rules and not in any way offensive (like that matters on CR) but you need to brush up on the Castle Law as it stands today.

In Ohio a person who uses force, deadly force, or defensive forceis justified in using the force, deadly force, or defensive force and is immune from criminal prosecution or liability and from liability for injury, death, or loss to person or property in any civil action that is based on or related to the use of the force, deadly force, or defensive force. It goes on to talk about how you can't shot a LEO, etc...yadda, yadda.

You won't spend much in the way of a lawyer except to have them review any final documents should there be a need. Very doubtful any action would even be attempted though as the courts wouldn't even admit a case for the family of the bad guy who in my case would be dead.

Your lawyer wife is not qualified to give you legal advice about the Ohio Castle Doctrine. Total Sign has done research!

The only case I found with a quick search for someone killing and intruder in Ohio, with an unloaded gun, was a retired police chief in September 2009. This chief was found to be within his rights. This was also probably one of this first cases which required the use of the Castle Law in a lethal encounter.

I am a very light sleeper. I would get up and creep to my closet. Grab the 870, uncollapse the stock, and load slugs in quietly to try and save my walls. Most everything of importance is upstairs with me - so I would wait. My upstairs floors are carpeted and silent. My steps however are hardwood and have a creaking sound halfway up. If I heard it, I would unload down the steps. Mo'fuggas owe me for dry cleaning too cause my blazers be down the steps there in the closet.

This thread's still going? I've already robbed 3 of your houses while you were still discussing this. :fuckyeah: Guns and alarms are futile against a breaking and entering Puerto Rican. Just like your women's resistance.

Your lawyer wife is not qualified to give you legal advice about the Ohio Castle Doctrine. Total Sign has done research!

The only case I found with a quick search for someone killing and intruder in Ohio, with an unloaded gun, was a retired police chief in September 2009. This chief was found to be within his rights. This was also probably one of this first cases which required the use of the Castle Law in a lethal encounter.

She could easily pull case law and she has plenty of experience at the prosecutors office, but the above is just simply my own research. She hates when I'm on CR.

She could easily pull case law and she has plenty of experience at the prosecutors office, but the above is just simply my own research. She hates when I'm on CR.

Neither of you are qualified to give an insight on legal matters on CR. Total Sign is the Attorney General.

I have actually gone "Goldeneye" on my place and placed proximity mines in strategic places throughout the home. I hear something go "bump" in the night, I reach down, arm the mines, and wait for the boom. Did I mention my insurance company hates me? So do mice...