Any interest in a "Clubhouse?"

Doc1647545523

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.... it sounds like things COULD work. I would be concerned of that ONE fucktard that will screw things up. However, I am paranoid.

....just sayin'....

KillJoy

Your thoughts are much appreciated, my friend. Sometimes, that one bad thing outweighs all the good things that come along with it.

I love the idea. If this gets off the ground and you need any local help feel free to ask!

I still want to get in contact with the owner over there to set up a photo shoot too, I need to stop procrastinating!

If you do this Doc, I've got some tools that I'd be willing to let stay there for people to use. Nothing incredibly fancy but some basic stuff like timing lights, compression testers, and some hand tools.

Since you know where I'm coming from Doc...

Individual key cards are a GREAT idea. Not sure of the initial cost, but it would allow you to deactivate cards from a central computer, rather than hunting someone down and asking for their key back/changing locks/issuing out new keys to the remaining XX number of people still having the original key. If someone doesn't pay for the month, card would be deactivated (just an example). When they pay again, card re-activated. The only down side I see to that would be the initial cost.

And if you need someone to run criminal background checks on people....well I may know someone with access. :)

Excellent idea.

Have a place to socialize, maybe some xbox action for arcade racing.

Have an area that people can take some pride in, and help upkeep so theres always a place to hang out regardless of weather ect.

Agreed, very neat idea if you could make all of it work without fear of liability, and with efforts to minimize potential bullshit via key cards and whatnot.

Liability can be easily averted with a contract voluntarily signed by the club member which states that you are not held liable for any accidental bodily harm including death from use of the facility and or facility tools and services. The signer hereby accepts and fully understands the risks of using this facility and or tools and services, and agrees to not hold (Doc) legally liable for any injuries or death that occurs on the facility grounds. This facility is a privilege to the member and used at his/her own risk.

Drag strips make you sign similar agreements, as do paint ball ranges, haunted houses, fight clubs such as MMA, ect.

Very interesting idea, I have nothing to work on, and you know doc if I did I always need

Help if I need to work on something. Honestly this would probly get me more interested in hanging out with all my old buddies again. I don't like to deal with the riffraff on the sawmill meets ect. I'm more of a social guy anyway, I do like the idea though.

You'd definitely need accountability, so as to prove that someone was in there between x times in the event of something happening to another members car. Outside of that it sounds like an idea, but you have to be careful about people.

I'd be interested in a place to store either a car or boat in the winter. Something I didn't need any access to (basically, stuffed in a back corner somewhere). If the fee was low enough and I can be assured it isn't messed with or touched by anyone, I'd be down for sure.

Excellent idea.

Have a place to socialize, maybe some xbox action for arcade racing.

Have an area that people can take some pride in, and help upkeep so theres always a place to hang out regardless of weather ect.

x2

Wow Doc, this would be incredibly generous of you, I would be in also for lift use/hanging out on rare occasions and my own tools.

x2

cool idea Doc Im in. Even with the 350 every 2 weeks. :)

I wouldnt trust that homo flybye tho. Or his girlfriend. Even more so her. :) hah

Not interested if ^ is a member.:gabe:

im in. need to have personal lockers and shit though. i dont trust some of the people on this board. i think to join you need references or a background check or something. too much at stake to just blindly join and have people fucking with your shit.