Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

I didn't watch many Michigan games other than the OSU game and now parts of this one but why doesn't Hoke wear a headset? The only head coaches I can remember in recent years who didn't wear headsets were figureheads in Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden. Just odd. Good game though.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted in on a previous page that the Cotton Bowl could become a BCS game or used as a marquee location if a playoff were put in use.

Under the assumption that the BCS format is not changing, I wouldn't have an issue with the Cotton Bowl becoming a BCS bowl. Certainly a lot of history in the name...

Iffy reversing that catch but whatever. It's a W for the B1G...lol.

They need to re-school these replay coordinators so they understand that they're not giving their judgment on these calls, they are looking for indisputable evidence against what was ruled on the field. Maybe ceasing the use of retired officials who want to use their own judgment would stop it.

Iffy reversing that catch but whatever. It's a W for the B1G...lol.

They need to re-school these replay coordinators so they understand that they're not giving their judgment on these calls, they are looking for indisputable evidence against what was ruled on the field. Maybe ceasing the use of retired officials who want to use their own judgment would stop it.

I thought it was more of a catch than the INT by VT earlier in the game. The ball popped loose and hit the ground on that INT. This he had it trapped with his arm under it and it hit the ground.

That was one of the sloppiest good games I have watched lol. The end was pretty cool, but man both of those teams played like ass, Michigan had 184 total yards of offense, no way in hell is Va Tech's defense that good. I have watched a bunch of Michigan games this year and their defense is vastly improved compared to recent years. Mike Martin is no joke, glad the B10 got another win, I think the conference won 3 bowl games this year?

That was a catch, how the hell they over turned that is beyond me. The ground didn't assist the WR, great effort none the less. God Hoke is a fat fuck

Zack maybe you can confirm this via Nevada, but word is Jamaal Berry was not at the team meeting today which means he is all but gone from the program and word is T.Y Williams is either going to be suspended for the entire season next year or transfer out ala Dorian Bell

I thought it was more of a catch than the INT by VT earlier in the game. The ball popped loose and hit the ground on that INT. This he had it trapped with his arm under it and it hit the ground.

Yeah, I didn't watch the whole game but the announcers mentioned that there was at least one earlier that looked a lot less like a catch than that one and was upheld.

And I didn't even notice the false start from the kicker until just seeing that replay at the end of the broadcast. There is no special rule for the kicker. He can't be moving before the snap any more than any other player can. Blatant false start that was missed. Have seen it called before.

Is that not a false start? He moves before the ball is snapped, I dont see how thats any different then a linement twitching before the snap..

yeah it's a false start. The refs probably aren't watching the kicker

Zack maybe you can confirm this via Nevada, but word is Jamaal Berry was not at the team meeting today which means he is all but gone from the program and word is T.Y Williams is either going to be suspended for the entire season next year or transfer out ala Dorian Bell

I think T.Y. is on the verge of failing out from what I know.

and no Berry wasn't at the meeting.

Didn't see anything from nevada (Scout's forum software is atrocious - can only see the last 10 posts of any member) because I was away from computers for about 10 hours in the middle of the day today but did see it from other people that Berry wasn't there and is looking to transfer. Haven't read anything on TY. Actually read something positive about him last night in a chat with Bill Greene but something certainly could have changed this morning/throughout the day today.

Va Tech got fucked twice within the last minute lol. I didnt realize how horrible Va Tech was in BCS games, they are like 1-6 now and the ACC is 2-12 yikes!

I read that Williams is having academic issues and thats the reason he's facing suspension. Berry is an idiot, could you imagine him in an Urban Meyer type system where he'd get the ball in space and not required to run the dive play lol.

Something that's always interesting is looking at who Big 10 teams have to play and where they have to play them. I think in 2007 the Big 10 had more than half of its matchups against teams in their home states. OSU played LSU in Louisiana, Illinois played USC in Cali, PSU played A&M in Texas I believe, and those are off the top of my head. This year I know OSU played Florida in Florida, Penn State played Houston in Texas, Illinois played UCLA in Cali, Northwestern played A&M in Texas, heck even Purdue played Western Michigan in Michigan...lol. It's not going to change and I'm not even really bitching, just pointing something out that I think is overlooked a lot.

Something that's always interesting is looking at who Big 10 teams have to play and where they have to play them. I think in 2007 the Big 10 had more than half of its matchups against teams in their home states. OSU played LSU in Louisiana, Illinois played USC in Cali, PSU played A&M in Texas I believe, and those are off the top of my head. This year I know OSU played Florida in Florida, Penn State played Houston in Texas, Illinois played UCLA in Cali, Northwestern played A&M in Texas, heck even Purdue played Western Michigan in Michigan...lol. It's not going to change and I'm not even really bitching, just pointing something out that I think is overlooked a lot.

this is a bigger factor than most like to admit.

If they move to a playoff system, they should let the top ranked team have home field advantage until the championship game. I would love to see some of these SEC teams come up on ohio and play in the Shoe sometime in late Dec.

KSU, ehhh. So-so. They had a good run this year, no doubt. Far better than recent years. Arkansas, however, is a bigger marquee name than WVU and Clemson combined, in my opinion. Especially after playing in "the second biggest game of the year", or whatever ESecPN dubbed it.

And hot dog @ Sugar Bowl going to OT!

Either way, I have a feeling the Orange bowl will be eleventy billion times more exciting than the Sugar bowl was...

How on earth did UM win that game?!?!?! Oh because VT kills themselves, every time.

Either way, I have a feeling the Orange bowl will be eleventy billion times more exciting than the Sugar bowl was...

How on earth did UM win that game?!?!?! Oh because VT kills themselves, every time.

BECAUSE TIM TEBOW PRAYED FOR MICHIGAN TO WIN THE GAME....

as a michigan fan i am happy we won, but our offense is sketchy at best and robinson makes me violently ill when he throws the ball. someone please tell me why he still throws a hs ball? it floats everywhere, its always in covg, and its almost picked everytime. v tech was better, they just made big mistakes and got the most questionable call since russell wilson.