Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Drew Brees is whats called an outlier

Idk wisky has the biggest line in the NCAA and he seems to be doing just fine. Just watching him. Play this ye he looks in command, doesn't turn it over, and is clutch. I love rg3, luck is luck, but can Wilson get some love. Dude is money.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Miller was not good today. I didn't see the athleticism that kept so many plays alive or earned first downs throughout the year.

Sometimes he seems to get into a pattern of not picking a direction. He jukes left, right, left, right, left, aaaaaand tackled for a loss.

Sometimes he seems to get into a pattern of not picking a direction. He jukes left, right, left, right, left, aaaaaand tackled for a loss.

Maybe he took some classes at the Lydell Ross School of East Coast-West Coast running?

Stanford played a harder schedule then Wisky Phil.

They are pretty close on stats, but it comes down to who they played and what players they are working with. They say Luck does more with less...

Wilson- 2879 yards 31 TDs 3 Int's 72.5%

Luck- 3170 yards 35 TDs 9 Int's 70%

He didn't impress me outside of a few plays this year (Wisconsin and Purdue). I will sit here and wait for the "you're a hater" "you're talking out of your are" or "He was better then Pryor as a freshman" type replies lol.

I don't think he was any better really. I know you think I'm a Miller-sucker or something but take a look at Miller vs. Pryor freshman year stats...

Pryor

Passing

100 completions, 166 attempts. 60.2%, 1311 yards

12 TDs, 4 ints

Rushing

139 attempts, 631 yards, 6TDs

Miller

Passing

85 Completions, 157 attempts, 54.1% 1159 yards

13 TDs, 4 Int.

Rushing

159 attempts, 715 yards 7 tds.

Very comparable. And Miller was missing lots of guys due to injuries, suspensions, etc. Pryor had Hartline and Robiskie to guide help him along his freshman year, Miller had... Stoney, Philly Brown and some freshmen until the 11th game of the season when he finally got Posey back. Pryor also had Beanie (albeit a hobbled Beanie) to lean on. Miller was without Boom until the 7th game of the season and Jordan Hall was out with suspensions for a couple games. Pryor also had Joe Daniels around to help him and Jim Tressel who was kinda the QB coach himself. Miller had... Nick Siciliano...lol.

All in all I think Miller has a chance to be every bit as good as Pryor down the line if not better because he may very well have better coaching and a scheme that better fits his capabilities. Will be fun to watch IMO.

Also, I think LJ posted it but wanted to comment on it, Ed Warriner for OL coach. I always like to look at what the fans of their former employers say about them for a judge and ND fans are pretty upset that Meyer stole Hinton and Warriner from them. Meyer's staff is complete now and I'd say it's pretty solid. Much more impressed and confident about the offensive side of the ball but the defensive staff has a lot of potential. Lots of Ohio guys so that's good because it shows Urban knows where his bread will be buttered. Lock down Ohio with a solid Ohio born and bred recruiting team then cherry pick kids nationally with his magic and that's going to set you up to win a lot of games.

Team has a meeting with Meyer and probably most if not all of the new staff tomorrow morning at 7AM. The last several months have sucked pretty bad but I couldn't be more excited for the Meyer era to begin. I wanted him the day Tressel "resigned" but thought it was just a pipe dream. OSU was on the verge of going through what ND has gone through for a looooong time now and what Michigan went through for 3 years there but instead they got their #1 guy and it's time to see what he can do.

Stanford played a harder schedule then Wisky Phil.

They are pretty close on stats, but it comes down to who they played and what players they are working with. They say Luck does more with less...

Wilson- 2879 yards 31 TDs 3 Int's 72.5%

Luck- 3170 yards 35 TDs 9 Int's 70%

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

barley played a harder schedule and thats debatable sadly. and the rose bowl was faster and more entertaining than the fiesta imo. it was a good game but i feel like the better athletes were in the rose bowl.

justin blackmon, baddest mother effer since calvin johnson. :fuuuu:

idk i feel like wilson doesnt get the national rep for how good he really is. he looked like nothing fazed him at all. but when espn and kiper suck you off for 9 months what else can you say

Blackmon is a man lol. If he is sitting there when the Browns pick at either 4 or 5 (can't remember which one it is) they had better take him. Odds are he'll go to either St Louis or Jacksonville before hand though. I was really impressed with Luck last night, I wasn't really sold on him being this god like qb, but after watching him last night I can see why scouts are drooling over him.

P.S. I'm on board with these things:

1. Us trying to beat Florida by 9 million points. Take out some frustration on those SEC fucks.

2. Us trying to beat every team next year by 9 million points. I want every sports outlet talking about how Ohio State is clearly the best team by year's end and the AP awarding us a split national championship. Fuck your crystal football.

3. Us scheduling Hawaii. Make that our bowl trip. We can go out there and have a great fucking time after hanging 9 million points on Michigan.

Well, I guess that didnt pan out so well... Hopefully you have better luck with number 2 and 3...

#3 on that list isn't happening either. It used to be a loop hole for teams that either didn't make a bowl game or were sanctioned from one, now it has to be approved by the NCAA. No way in hell does the NCAA approve OSU to go play Hawaii after the Michigan game lol.

All in all, yesterday was definitely a good day for fans of close games. Couldn't have really asked for a better Rose Bowl, and the Fiesta Bowl was just as great!

Here's to hoping that Michigan can save some face for the B1G tonight.

Side note: lol @ Cotton Bowl having a better matchup than the Orange Bowl. Fuck you, BCS.

Only a matter of time before the Cotton Bowl is a BCS bowl @ Jerryworld IMO.

Also, one thing leaking out from the players' meeting this morning is that it looks like there will be a twitter ban under Meyer.

I dont know how I feel about the ban on twitter. Probably trying to avoid having kids run off at the mouth, but its a constitutional right. Say whatever you want.

Only a matter of time before the Cotton Bowl is a BCS bowl @ Jerryworld IMO.

Also, one thing leaking out from the players' meeting this morning is that it looks like there will be a twitter ban under Meyer.

LoriSchmidt Lori Schmidt

RT @Fragel88 New staff, new rules. No more twitter. Not a big deal & probably for the better. Love our fans, love this place. Go Bucks #2012

Top 100 OT Taylor Decker will probably be in play for OSU now. He gave serious thought to making a visit to Columbus back in early December after Urban first contacted him but eventually decided to be loyal to ND. Well, now his lead recruiter (Tim Hinton) and future position coach (Ed Warriner) are both leaving ND for OSU... said he's sent out some texts to coaches to try and figure things out and will have to talk things over with his parents again.

Hard to argue with that. Also, one of Taylor's coaches posts on Scout and talked about just how badly the last staff absolutely fucked up his recruitment. Taylor and his family tried to contact OSU/Bollman several times. Phone calls, e-mails, etc. None were ever returned. He wanted to be a Buckeye. Think OSU flips him in the end.

Also from this morning's meeting apparently Urban singled out Stoneburner in front of the group and said he's going to make him an All-American next season. And some unnamed underclassman overslept and MISSED the meeting. That kid is in for a world of hurt whoever it was.

Hard to argue with that. Also, one of Taylor's coaches posts on Scout and talked about just how badly the last staff absolutely fucked up his recruitment. Taylor and his family tried to contact OSU/Bollman several times. Phone calls, e-mails, etc. None were ever returned. He wanted to be a Buckeye. Think OSU flips him in the end.

Also from this morning's meeting apparently Urban singled out Stoneburner in front of the group and said he's going to make him an All-American next season. And some unnamed underclassman overslept and MISSED the meeting. That kid is in for a world of hurt whoever it was.

Yeah I'm not hearing much more rumblings yet from the meeting. Probably laying out his expectations and rules more or less. A bunch of it is probably just coach jargon that nobody TRULY cares about.

Side note: lol @ Cotton Bowl having a better matchup than the Orange Bowl. Fuck you, BCS.

you think so? I mean, no doubt if you listen to BCS rankings, and KSU and Ark are good teams... but WVU and Clemson are also both good teams, with dynamic offenses.... should be a fun game...

Yeah I'm not hearing much more rumblings yet from the meeting. Probably laying out his expectations and rules more or less. A bunch of it is probably just coach jargon that nobody TRULY cares about.

Yeah, just a "there's a new sheriff in town" kinda deal probably not too dissimilar to the meeting Meyer had with the players the day he was announced except with his full staff this time around. Players will get to meet individually with their position coach throughout the day now.

you think so? I mean, no doubt if you listen to BCS rankings, and KSU and Ark are good teams... but WVU and Clemson are also both good teams, with dynamic offenses.... should be a fun game...

KSU, ehhh. So-so. They had a good run this year, no doubt. Far better than recent years. Arkansas, however, is a bigger marquee name than WVU and Clemson combined, in my opinion. Especially after playing in "the second biggest game of the year", or whatever ESecPN dubbed it.

And hot dog @ Sugar Bowl going to OT!