Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that thinks Denard Robinson looks like Lil Wayne?

For the past three years I have said "Who wants to be Lil Wayne?" in a Lil Wayne voice every time Denard is on TV.

robinson-http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j466/Pookieman23/Lil_Wayne_.png

wayne-http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n317/krisahtoe/Denardrobinson.jpg

:fuckyeah:

someone please tell me why he still throws a hs ball? it floats everywhere, its always in covg, and its almost picked everytime.

Because he's a RB playing QB? I wonder how much Borges wanted to kill himself this season having to work with Denard at QB. He may just want to take next year off and wait for Morris...lol.

Finally know what Fickell and Vrabel will be doing...

Fickell will be returning to his LB coaching duties. Vrabel will be taking over coaching the DL.

So recap of the whole staff

Urban Meyer - HC

Tom Herman - OC and QB

Ed Warriner - OL

Tim Hinton - TE

Zach Smith - WR

Stan Drayton - RB

Everett Withers - AHC, co-DC and S

Luke Fickell - Co-DC and LB

Mike Vrabel - DL

Taver Johnson - CB

Conference Bowl Record Breakdown (as of right now)

Big 12 : 6-1 (Kansas State vs. Arkansas remaining)

SEC : 4-2 (Alabama vs. LSU and Arkansas vs. Kansas State remaining) 6-3 (final record)

Big Ten : 4-6 (final record)

Big East : 2-1 (West Va vs. Pitt and Pitt vs. SMU remianing)

Pac 12 : 2-5 (final record)

ACC : 2-5 (Clemson vs/ West Va remaining)

When you look at it, the Big Ten didn't really do that bad overall, we will finish 3rd in win totals. Our matchups this year weren't exactly favorable either, IMO we had the 2nd toughest conference bowl schedule behind the pac 12 who had it very rough.

Edited by BStowers023

Conference Bowl Record Breakdown (as of right now)

Big 12 : 6-1 (Kansas State vs. Arkansas remaining)

SEC : 4-2 (Alabama vs. LSU remaining) 5-3 (final record)

If Arkansas still has to play, then the SEC could go 6-3 or 5-4 overall. They'll have a winning record.

And the Big 12 could go 7-1? That's impressive - at face value, at least.

If Arkansas still has to play, then the SEC could go 6-3 or 5-4 overall. They'll have a winning record.

And the Big 12 could go 7-1? That's impressive - at face value, at least.

Yeah, my bad....forgot arkansas in the SEC. But yeah the Big 12s record is impressive, but their competetion is not.

Hey Zack, I just read something that you may find interested. its in regards to schollies, apparently Adam Griffen (Archies son) is giving up his schollie and dad is going to foot the bill. Now why he was even on a scholarship to begin with is beyond me, his dad is Archie Griffen, do you really think they are gonna have to pay full price lol. There is 1 more scholarship opened up.

Berry

T. Y Williams

Chad Hagen

Adam Griffen

I knwo there is 1 other that is getting a medical hardship that I cant think of right now, theres 5 of the 9 scholarships that were taken away lol.

Haven't read anything final sounding on Williams, Hagan or Griffin. Berry certainly seems gone. Was supposed to have a 1 on 1 with Urban yesterday or today.

Scott McVey and Melvin Fellows are definitely done as medical hardships. Then you had Graham transfer out. Hagan or perhaps even someone like Jordan Whiting (had a somewhat mysterious injury that sidelined him I think pretty much all of last season) could be the 3rd medical hardship that was talked about a couple weeks ago.

I love the fact that WVU won... but the bitterness of them bolting to the B12 does come up... and the fact that had it not been for breaking our QBs ankle, there is a strong chance it would have been UC in that game (I know shoulda/coulda/woulda), not saying we would have done the same thing, but I think our schedule/statistic results and head-to-head results show we have similar offense production and style as WVU... and I dare say better defense.

The bitterness to them leaving for B12 is because i know it will give people an excuse to still bash the BE and say we dont deserve our AQ (over ACC no less). Even last night, I heard someone say that "WVU football IS the BigEast"... which annoys me personally, considering my bearcats are BE champions 3 of the 4 past years. Yet I also have to remember 2 years ago, it was my bearcats who did the biggest harm to the BE in the sugar bowl (which I stand by saying NO school would have faired much better against UF in that game)

That being said, in a B1G dominated forum, let my post/BE bashing commence. :lol:

Im a fan of the Bearcats, but they were straight embarassed against Florida a few yrs ago in a BCS game.

Does not bode well for the Big East.

I'd say the 20-7 loss to VT looks a little worse.

Im a fan of the Bearcats, but they were straight embarassed against Florida a few yrs ago in a BCS game.

Does not bode well for the Big East.

IYet I also have to remember 2 years ago, it was my bearcats who did the biggest harm to the BE in the sugar bowl (which I stand by saying NO school would have faired much better against UF in that game)

yea, the VT loss wasnt pretty either... but it was our first bowl game in like 100 years, shock and awe, and all that. :lol:

yea, the VT loss wasnt pretty either... but it was our first bowl game in like 100 years, shock and awe, and all that. :lol:

Except they beat Southern Miss in a Bowl game the previous year