Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS - Am I the only one kind of glad to hear that the Pac 12 told Texas to fuck off?

I'm very glad they did. I think these "super" conferences are somewhat inevitable but I'm not all that excited for them. I think 12 is a really good number of teams for conferences to have. And of course Texas needs to be humbled a bit. They didn't even make a bowl game last year.

I bet some bowl game would love to give us a game regardless of a record but I'm pretty sure you have to be .500 or above. We will be above .500 though so it's OK.

ESPN's current bowl projections have us in the Meineke Car Care Bowl vs. Mizzou or the Insight Bowl vs. Texas Tech. I don't see us finishing worse than 4th in the conference though so Gator Bowl vs. SEC team or Insight Bowl vs. Big 12 team.

I bet some bowl game would love to give us a game regardless of a record but I'm pretty sure you have to be .500 or above. We will be above .500 though so it's OK.

ESPN's current bowl projections have us in the Meineke Car Care Bowl vs. Mizzou or the Insight Bowl vs. Texas Tech. I don't see us finishing worse than 4th in the conference though so Gator Bowl vs. SEC team or Insight Bowl vs. Big 12 team.

I hope we don't finish worse than 3rd. I can only see Nebraska and Wisky beating us. But who knows with Bauserman starting.

Hearing on the Twitternets that Miller will be starting on Saturday. I was at the Troy game in 08 for Pryor's first start when he threw for 4 TD's, and I'll be there this Saturday for (possibly) Miller's first start. Hopefully history will repeat itself.

Hearing on the Twitternets that Miller will be starting on Saturday. I was at the Troy game in 08 for Pryor's first start when he threw for 4 TD's, and I'll be there this Saturday for (possibly) Miller's first start. Hopefully history will repeat itself.

It's a rumor that was started by a nobody on tigerdroppings or whatever that forum is. Are there any credible sources reporting it yet?

It's a rumor that was started by a nobody on tigerdroppings or whatever that forum is. Are there any credible sources reporting it yet?

Funny enough, yes. Coach Fickell haha. On the call-in show just a few minutes ago they mentioned that "Miller is getting the nod for the start on Saturday."

Funny enough, yes. Coach Fickell haha. On the call-in show just a few minutes ago they mentioned that "Miller is getting the nod for the start on Saturday."

haha, right after I posted that I saw a post on another forum, so i figured that's what happened

Yeah, Miller is gonna start and get the experience he needs before big10 play starts. I am crossing my fingers and hope he does well and not make any freshman mistakes.. haha

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7004410/freshman-braxton-miller-start-ohio-state-buckeyes-vs-colorado-buffaloes

I'd like to say I'm pleased (because I am to hear that Miller is starting), but this should have happened two games ago. And, as I feared, it took us getting waxed at Miami to push Fickell's hand.

Ohio State recipe:

Slow as shit ineffective QB + OOC waxing = start dynamic freshman QB

I'd like to say I'm pleased (because I am to hear that Miller is starting), but this should have happened two games ago. And, as I feared, it took us getting waxed at Miami to push Fickell's hand.

Ohio State recipe:

Slow as shit ineffective QB + OOC waxing = start dynamic freshman QB

So, to recap:

We are in a down year, and know it. No NCG in site, so that is sadly a down year for OSU.

There should have been 0 incentive to start Bauserman at all. Starting him yields us nothing. He won't be back next year. Effectively this has stunted Miller's growth by 2 games. I surmise we could have beaten Akron, eeked out Toledo, and possibly won Miami by putting Miller in because he already had 2 games under his belt.

I dont see what starting Bauserman bought us at all. Didn't make sense in the short term (he was just as inexperienced as Miller), and doesn't make sense for the long term (hes gone after this year anyway).

Loyalty is why Bauserman started the first 3 games. Dude waited his turn and was rewarded for being a good Buckeye, notice I didn't say good buckeye player lol. With that said I am not expecting much out of Braxton come saturday, I know if he has a good game the hype machine is going to over load and be ridiculous. I think 2TDs and 1 INT are in order with a close win against a team OSU should slaughter

So, to recap:

We are in a down year, and know it. No NCG in site, so that is sadly a down year for OSU.

There should have been 0 incentive to start Bauserman at all. Starting him yields us nothing. He won't be back next year. Effectively this has stunted Miller's growth by 2 games. I surmise we could have beaten Akron, eeked out Toledo, and possibly won Miami by putting Miller in because he already had 2 games under his belt.

I dont see what starting Bauserman bought us at all. Didn't make sense in the short term (he was just as inexperienced as Miller), and doesn't make sense for the long term (hes gone after this year anyway).

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Loyalty is why Bauserman started the first 3 games. Dude waited his turn and was rewarded for being a good Buckeye, notice I didn't say good buckeye player lol. With that said I am not expecting much out of Braxton come saturday, I know if he has a good game the hype machine is going to over load and be ridiculous. I think 2TDs and 1 INT are in order with a close win against a team OSU should slaughter

Is there anything as stupid at the whole "loyalty" issue in college football? (Rhetorical question; there are about 20 things I can think of right now that are more stupid that than.) Being loyal is great and all, but not at the expense of a team's success.

Idk depends on which perspective you're looking at it from. If you are the QB that has waited 4-5 years backing up a star player, busting your ass on scout team, not getting in trouble off the field, being a good student and finally getting your chance to start then yes Loyalty would be nice.

If you're the impatient fan that believes college football victories are the end all be all thing in life, then no lol.

Just depends on what type of person you are I guess. I personally could care less if OSU wins or loses as my day to day life is not changed by it. OSU loses, my life goes on, OSU wins, my life goes on. I follow college sports because I am a fan and don't cry when my favorite team loses. I use it for entertainment purposes and a way to waste a whole lot of time haha. If I was a player on the team then maybe I would feel differently.

Is there anything as stupid at the whole "loyalty" issue in college football? (Rhetorical question; there are about 20 things I can think of right now that are more stupid that than.)

Completely agree.

Being loyal is great and all, but not at the expense of a team's success.

And that's exactly why tOSU is in the current spot that it is.

OSU is in the same spot as Florida State, Oregon, just to name a couple. Sitting with 1 loss thus far...what did people honestly expect this year? I think thats the biggest issue fans are having, way too high of expectations, that realistically could not be met with this team. You take a head coach, 4 starting senior studs, a graduating class that was pretty damn good and toss a few other suspensions in along the way and tell me they would be sitting better then OSU currently is. Not happening!!

Look at players that have been lost in the last 6 months

QB: Terelle Pryor

RB: Boom Herron/Jordan Hall

WR: Devier Posey/ Corey Brown

OL: Mike Adams,

DL: Nathan Williams/Solomon Thomas

DB: Corey Brown

(I feel like I am forgetting someone)

Then think of the starters lost due to graduation (I believe 3 on offense with Bryant Browning, Justin Boren and Dane Sanzenbacher. 6 on defense?) There is only 3 returning starters on offense 2 linemen and a fullback and 4 on defense

So, to recap:

Honestly, if you think about it, I would say he was MORE inexperienced than Miller. Sure, it was against high school competition, but Miller was coming off of a full season (minus any games missed because of injury, I can't remember if that was the case) of real, full speed, all out football. Bauserman hasn't had that since what, 1932? Should have kept Miller in the groove and started him from the beginning, or called the season a wash and redshirted him. But I'm not a college football coach, so what do I know?