Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WR Verlon Reed out for the year with a torn ACL. Came on the very last play of game with 10 seconds left....seems fitting for the train wreck of a season we're watching unfold

I joked before the season started that Ohio State should just take the year off from football, forfeit their games, and start fresh in 2012. Thinking about it, that would have been better than this nightmare.

Brandon who are all those teams playing lol

Johnny Bravo, man I was torn before the season. I thought it could go 2 ways, 10-2 or 8-4ish, never in my mind did I expect to face the possibility of not even making a bowl game...I think 1999 is the last time OSU didn't make a bowl game.

It was very fitting that on that play we had 2-3 guys with a great chance at the ball and none of them really came close to getting it then the play is over and the 2nd best available WR on the team right now is down on the ground with what looked like a very serious knee injury.

Couldn't wait for the off-season to be over so we could just get to football now can't wait for the season to be over so we can just get to hiring a real head coach.

I honestly think its going to be a long next 2-3 years regardless of who they hire as the coach. Braxton Miller looks that bad to me and the WR's aren't very good at all, not to mention the lack of line recruiting. Plus who knows what the NCAA is going to hammer tOSU with, this could just be the beginning of things honestly

Still optimistic that a guy like Urban Meyer could come in and get things up to speed relatively quickly. Unless OSU hires the wrong guy there's no way it's going to take 2-3 years. There are so many simple, offensive things that are just not being done right now that are making this team look a lot worse and less talented than it really is. Braxton will be good if not great with the right coaching and offensive philosophy. Who knows how talented the WR's are based on this season. I really like Devin Smith, Evan Spencer and Verlon Reed and they all have freshman eligibility. Once TY Smith learns how to catch a ball he could be really good too. Also with freshman eligibility. OL is definitely thin and iffy. Lose Adams, Brewster and Shugarts after this year. Who knows what Hall's fate is now that he's caught up in this latest thing. Norwell, Linsley and Mewhort are all very good though and they all have 2 years left after this year. Underwood and Carter both got pretty good reviews through the summer and fall camp (aside from Carter's weight which once he loses it will just make him that much better). Everyone seems to have Bobek set to take over right away at center and he was the #1 center in the country coming out of HS. Brewster never played center in his life before coming to OSU. And whoever coaches Urban's centers for him does a great job. Both of the Pouncey twins were drafted out of Florida as 1st round centers in back to back years I believe.

Of course, if OSU doesn't get Urban or simply hires a bad fit then all of that optimism goes right out the window and I become an alcoholic.

Brewster was the #1 ranked Center in that years highschool clas....while he may not have played it in higschool, someone obviously had a good feeling about him being there in college lol

I don't think Braxton is that good, until proven otherwise I am going to stick with that. The kid throws a knuckle ball of a pass, that has nothing to do with the coaching honestly in my opinion. You either throw a nice looking ball or you throw a duck as he does. Not all his passes are horrible, but the ones that aren't ducks are coming 100mph even on shot passes that shouldn't be rocketed in there.

I do like Smith and Spencer from the very little we have seen of them. I just dont think either of them or anyone on the current roster and coming in next year are the speed burners that are needed. Plus I see no real threat at running back, Hall is not all that fast and is caught from behind more often then not.

1 injury on the offensive line next year and tOSU is in big trouble. Hopefully the under rated players they recruited can turn out to be studs, kind of like what Wisconsin does with 3 star linemen.

Idk I guess we'll find out how good they are going to be in 2012 and 2013 when those days come lol.

Brandon who are all those teams playing lol

Johnny Bravo, man I was torn before the season. I thought it could go 2 ways, 10-2 or 8-4ish, never in my mind did I expect to face the possibility of not even making a bowl game...I think 1999 is the last time OSU didn't make a bowl game.

My bad haha

Oregon over Cal

Boise st over Fresno

Oklahoma over Texas

GT over Maryland

WV over UConn

S. Car over Kentucky

Wake over Flor St

Illinois over Indiana

Clemson over Bos Col

LSU over Florida

Oklahoma St over Kansa

VT over Miami

Arizona over Utah

Mich over NW

Arkansas over Auburn(tough choice kinda)

Bama over Vandi

Texas Tech over Texas A&M

Baylor(shouldnt have lost last week)over Iowa st

Stanford over Colorado

Nebraska(sorry OSU) over OSU

TCU(not really sure but it's a safe bet) Over San Diego st

TCU now not going to the Big East, going to the Big 12.

If Mizzou leaves Big 12 they will look to add 3 schools to get back to 12 from Louisville, WVU, Cincy and BYU.

Big East is so dead.

SEC and ESPN will ultimately be the decline of college football. They are in it together for the $$ and its so damn easy to see. Texas has to be in on it too, they run everyone else out of the B12, they are now king shit again year in and year out. Especially if Oklahoma decides to bail and goto the Pac12. I really hate the direction college football is heading, please don't make me have to start watching NFL again lol.

SEC and ESPN will ultimately be the decline of college football. They are in it together for the $$ and its so damn easy to see. Texas has to be in on it too, they run everyone else out of the B12, they are now king shit again year in and year out. Especially if Oklahoma decides to bail and goto the Pac12. I really hate the direction college football is heading, please don't make me have to start watching NFL again lol.

I'm with you. And, I have to admit, this season more than any other has made me actually look forward to NFL games. I don't really have an NFL team, so I've thought about adopting one in the next year or so. It's just the whole OSU/CFB stupidity has kind of soured me a bit. I'm sure I'll come back around, but in the interim my attention has been pulled a bit more toward the NFL. And, coincidentally, the English Premier League. I know, not even close to being the same, but still, I've taken an interest in the EPL as well lately.

its hard to be an OSU fan here in wisconsin, when the whole state is basically having a 'dream year' as far as sports goes. i won't be placing any wagers on the OSU-WI game this year. oh well. i was a fan back in the bellisari years, i can't turn my back on them now.

I have been a fan since 92 (thats the furthest I can remember watching OSU play). My parents say I have been cheering them on since birth but can not confirm nor deny that lol. I bet its rough living in Wisconsin, especially now that the Brewers are in the NLCS, Packers coming off winning super bowl and of course the Badgers being solid in football this year.