Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats worse is if Nebraska does loose to Wisconsin tonight, we'll be facing a pissed off Nebraska team still looking for their 1st Big Ten win and what better team to get it from than Ohio State, gonna be a long season

I already fully expect us to lose to them. Where not half the team quality we were last year. We went from being championship quality contenders to being slightly above average at best.

No I think he was saying he wished that the sanction were announced already just so a head coach would knwo what he's walking into. Like I said the sad thing is, this is pretty much the same exact team that you'll be seeing next year minus 3 starting offensive linemen. I dont see Braxton getting much better, and if he is better it wont be good enough to win the league title. He really is piss poor and I have been saying this since he was being hyped up in highschool. I wish I could talk shit face to face to all the people that said he was better then Pryor at this stage in their careers, they aren't even fucking close!

Devier and Philly won't change the inept offense, you need a qb that can get them the ball and a line that can stop the qb from being de-headed. If you think Michigan St's defense had a field day today, just wait til Nebraska and Wisky get a crack at em.

Today we saw a few kids that either didnt get offered by OSU or got offered and went elsewhere come back to bite us in the ass. MSU has BJ Cunningham from Westerville, the LB for them was from Ohio and then Vernon Gholston's cousin snubbed OSU and all 3 had big days.

The one positive I saw today was the defense played their asses off and kept the game close. Too bad they can't play offense!! The young DB's are starting to look good, Roby had a big day. I don't see this team progressing a whole lot as the season goes, this is nothing like when Troy Smith was young so plese don't give me that load of shit anymore. After what I saw today I think I would rather have Steve Bellesari as the starting QB right now, atleast he was entertaining while losing lol.

If you've given up on Braxton after the season OSU has had so far then... OK I guess. Just be ready to admit you were wrong in 2-3 years when he's had REAL offensive coaches 1) developing him and 2) calling his plays. It's more obvious than ever that Tressel had his hand in every single facet of the offense. I remember after the USC loss in 2008 there were reports that Tressel had essentially taken over the OL coaching duties in a few practices. He was very, very clearly the QB coach. And he designed the gameplans for Bollman to follow all week long then vetoed anything he didn't like when Bollman made the actual call on gameday.

Ohio State lost their top 2 offensive minds this off-season in Tressel and Hazell and who does Fickell hire to fill the vacant spot? His defensive buddy Vrabel.

Ohio State lost their top 2 offensive minds this off-season in Tressel and Hazell and who does Fickell hire to fill the vacant spot? His defensive buddy Vrabel.

Maybe because the vacancy was for a linebackers coach?

Luke couldn't continue to do his job as the LB coach? Not sure he does anything now.

Like I said, OSU lost their top 2 offensive minds, picked up Drayton in the winter as a direct replacement for Hazell then lost the offensive mastermind and picked up a first time coach on the defensive side of the ball. I don't know who else could have been picked up but it's pretty obvious the offense has no idea what they're doing from top to bottom.

Well it appears that more bad news is heading tOSU's way :( Apparently Boom Herron and Devier Posey are not coming back this week. There is a press conference scheduled at 3:30 to announce this. They supposedly took inflated money for easy work.

http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/stories/2011/10/03/two-suspended-players.html

"A separate probe by the NCAA into Herron and Posey apparently showed they may have received improper benefits in terms of alleged inflated remuneration while working summer jobs in the Cleveland area. It could mean at least one more game of suspension for Herron, for whom the benefits was said to be in the $200 to $400 range, and perhaps multiple games for Posey, for whom the benefit was said to be about $500."

Just suspend them already and move on, this season is already a loss and it just keeps piling on.

Aside from the bad news there's some good games to watch this week

tOSU at #14Nebraska (will be real good if you're a Nebraska fan)

#3 Oklahoma vs #11 Texas

#17 Florida vs #1 LSU

#15 Auburn vs #10 Arkansas

What.the.fuck.

It really, really sucks to be an Ohio State fan right now. Reality is just now starting to set in as to how good we had it these past 10 years or so.

Also, I fully expect Wisconsin to try to score 100 points on us. That's exactly Bielema's style: to humilate Ohio State, especially at home.

What.the.fuck.

It really, really sucks to be an Ohio State fan right now. Reality is just now starting to set in as to how good we had it these past 10 years or so.

Also, I fully expect Wisconsin to try to score 100 points on us. That's exactly Bielema's style: to humilate Ohio State, especially at home.

I agree 100% with everything you just said. I really hate Bielema as a person, as a coach he gets the job done. But his cockyness and asshole manners are enought o drive you crazy. I remember him once going for 2 while up by a ton and saying he did it because the Card told him to against Minnesota, arrogant fuck. Saturday I have decided instaead of watching the massacre live, I will go hang with friends and waste money at the Mansfield Reformatory, then come home and watch it thanks to DVR lol.

I agree 100% with everything you just said. I really hate Bielema as a person, as a coach he gets the job done. But his cockyness and asshole manners are enought o drive you crazy. I remember him once going for 2 while up by a ton and saying he did it because the Card told him to against Minnesota, arrogant fuck. Saturday I have decided instaead of watching the massacre live, I will go hang with friends and waste money at the Mansfield Reformatory, then come home and watch it thanks to DVR lol.

Haha, I am right there with you. I remember that lame-ass excuse he gave about the card and going for two. He's a dick, and this year it looks like he is going to fuck us royally.

And as for future Saturdays, well, they just got a whole lot more open for me. I'm not feeling compelled to sit in front of the T.V. eagerly anticipating all things Ohio State and college football like some crackhead. Nope, now I think I'll do some other shit on Saturdays (test drive a 997 turbo and C6Z, go hiking with Ashley, etc.) and, like you, just catch the games on DVR later.

You know everyone i work with was all OSU is going to kill this year yada yada yada.

Now you can hear a pin drop in this place and everytime I bring it up they quickly dissmiss it.

Not saying Michigan is going to do well we went 4-0 last year but imo from game one to now they have shown signs of improvment. I look forward to the nebraska game and honestly feel it could go either way.

But on another note where the hell was Vincent Smith all year!!!!!

As much as this pains me to say, I really think this is the year Michigan beats tOSU again. Their defense has improved from last year and as we have seen this year, any team that has a defense with a pulse can stop tOSU. I however do not see them being more then a 7 win team. They still have Michigan St, Nebraska, Illinois and tOSU to play, plus Northwestern and Iowa. They will beat Purdue though lol.

On a side note I am watching Rudy, god I love this movie lol

I'll still watch the games live because I'm a fan but I'm not expecting anything good...lol. With the Boom/Posey news my 10-3 prediction for the Nebraska game goes to 13-0.

Florida's gonna get killed by LSU and Texas by Oklahoma.

Like I said a page or so ago, just wish this season was over, we had all the sanctions known and we had a real head coach in place.

I'll still watch the games live because I'm a fan but I'm not expecting anything good...lol. With the Boom/Posey news my 10-3 prediction for the Nebraska game goes to 13-0.

Florida's gonna get killed by LSU and Texas by Oklahoma.

Like I said a page or so ago, just wish this season was over, we had all the sanctions known and we had a real head coach in place.

I'm so much of a fan sometimes I can't bear to watch them get killed. Like this Saturday, my expectations were so low by the end of the game I just wanted something - anything - to be excited/optimistic about. This team is so pitiful I'm having a difficult time finding any redeeming qualities. The defense, I guess.

And Fickell is an idiot. After the game he went on another of those "well, gee, the offense really isn't my thing" tangents. Moron - GTFO.

I'm so much of a fan sometimes I can't bear to watch them get killed. Like this Saturday, my expectations were so low by the end of the game I just wanted something - anything - to be excited/optimistic about. This team is so pitiful I'm having a difficult time finding any redeeming qualities. The defense, I guess.

And Fickell is an idiot. After the game he went on another of those "well, gee, the offense really isn't my thing" tangents. Moron - GTFO.

Again agreed. I was a huge Fickell fan when they announced him and have been so anti-Urban that its sickening, but fuck it at this point I am going to jump on the Urban bandwagon. However I hope he does keep the defensive staff here in place and puts Fickell as his coordinator. The 3 things that are needed for sure is a new QB coach, OL coach and offensive coordinator. I have said this over and over. We have put 3 linemen in the NFL in the last 10 years (via draft, others have signed on as free agents). Who in their right fucking mind would want to come to tOSU as an offensive lineman?

Also I am prob one of the biggest fans you will ever meet, but even I am having a hard time watching this train wreck. Like I said I will be in Columbus October 29th cheering them on, even though I feel its going to be a slaughtering

As much as this pains me to say, I really think this is the year Michigan beats tOSU again. Their defense has improved from last year and as we have seen this year, any team that has a defense with a pulse can stop tOSU. I however do not see them being more then a 7 win team. They still have Michigan St, Nebraska, Illinois and tOSU to play, plus Northwestern and Iowa. They will beat Purdue though lol.

On a side note I am watching Rudy, god I love this movie lol

Michigan's Rudy was better. :D