Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

P.S. I'm on board with these things:

1. Us trying to beat Florida by 9 million points. Take out some frustration on those SEC fucks.

2. Us trying to beat every team next year by 9 million points. I want every sports outlet talking about how Ohio State is clearly the best team by year's end and the AP awarding us a split national championship. Fuck your crystal football.

3. Us scheduling Hawaii. Make that our bowl trip. We can go out there and have a great fucking time after hanging 9 million points on Michigan.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a die-hard Ohio State fan, but all of this shit is kind of deserved regardless of how you want to cut it. We shouldn't have sold our shit knowing it was wrong, and the administration never should have covered it up. Don't break the fucking law if you don't want penalized.

I don't really have a problem with the sanctions themselves. I have a problem with them being applied to next year instead of this year due to incompetence.

Lmfao people already turning on Urban over on scout!! Just read "look for a lot of transfers and decommits due to being lied to by the new Head Coach"

Also laughing at people already asking if players that haven't redshirted can do so next year such as Braxton Miller and Ryan Shazier along with all the incoming kids. Lets just field a team of 3rd stringers and walk ons, that'll show the NCAA

Redshirting Braxton isn't actually a bad idea... especially after Urban's already stated that they WILL be running a spread offense from now on. The rest? Not so much. But give Braxton another year, and a Heisman is certainly a possibility.

The saying is "I COULDN'T care less". Sigh

That is not necessarily true, it's hard to get the sarcasm reading it, and most utter it too quickly. It's 'I could care less'(extra emphasis on the could, like you're thinking about it).

Also the Hawaii thing is win.

Edited by sol740

1. Us trying to beat Florida by 9 million points. Take out some frustration on those SEC fucks.

2. Us trying to beat every team next year by 9 million points. I want every sports outlet talking about how Ohio State is clearly the best team by year's end and the AP awarding us a split national championship. Fuck your crystal football.

3. Us scheduling Hawaii. Make that our bowl trip. We can go out there and have a great fucking time after hanging 9 million points on Michigan.

I agree with said statement.

"I agreed to become the Head Football Coach at The Ohio State University because Shelley and I are Ohio natives, I am a graduate of this wonderful institution and served in this program under a great coach. I understand the academic and athletic traditions here and will give great effort to continue those traditions. It is still my goal to hire excellent coaches, recruit great student-athletes who want to be a part of this program and to win on and off the field. The NCAA penalties will serve as a reminder that the college experience does not include the behavior that led to these penalties. I expect all of us to work hard to teach and develop young student-athletes to grow responsibly and to become productive citizens in their communities upon graduation." - Urban Meyer

Anyone else other than an OSU fan - "LIES LIES LIES"

+1

I would love to see USC beat the shit out of every team next year by a million and win the NC. And tOSU doing the same thing the year after. I wonder how South Carolina will be punished, I bet it would be a slap on the wrist compared to tOSU because they are SEC.

I would love to see USC beat the shit out of every team next year by a million and win the NC. And tOSU doing the same thing the year after. I wonder how South Carolina will be punished, I bet it would be a slap on the wrist compared to tOSU because they are SEC.

Duh, look at the cam newton scandal and the LSU bar fights. What happened with those? Oh Auburn won the NC last year and LSU could possibly win this year. They won't tarnish a possible SEC NC contenders chances.

when are they going to do anytihng about Miami? i havent heard anything about it til the case broke.

watched a really interesting PBS documentary last night about football, and brain damage. some of the research was shocking. tons of people who had never had documented concussions had some of the worst brain damage, even among those who had concussions in the past.

also showed how HS football in the south (and nationally, they just highlighted a few southern high schools) is no longer a game, but a business and is run harder than even a college program.

Duh, look at the cam newton scandal and the LSU bar fights. What happened with those? Oh Auburn won the NC last year and LSU could possibly win this year. They won't tarnish a possible SEC NC contenders chances.

I'm still at a loss over the Cam Newton situation.

when are they going to do anytihng about Miami? i havent heard anything about it til the case broke.

They and Oregon and really any program that doesn't have morons like Smith and Gee at the helm are actually smart about this stuff. You know why you're not hearing about that stuff? Because THEY aren't talking about it. With every little thing that came out Gee and Smith felt the need to strut around talking about how awesome our compliance department was and have press conferences and all this other bullshit. Oregon, Miami, UNC, etc.? They just let out a little statement via a press release. Ho hum. No big deal. When everything is said and done with them there will be more talk but until then, because they have competent and intelligent administrators, you won't hear much.

Well to be fair those other schools didnt have near the witch hunt by the media that OSU did. You heard about the Miami case for what, 2 days? You heard about Oregon for 1, you dont hear about South Carolina or UNC...had the media not pushed so hard I dont think the punishment would've been as severe. I do agree that Smith and Gee are idiots.

The Cam Newton case is total bullshit and everyone knows it. Daddy whored him out, kid leads team to NC and the NCAA puts tail between its legs because they don't wanna risk hurting ratings of the NC game. Who would've watched that game had it been Oregon vs Auburn with a backup qb starting? No one!!

If Barkely comes back next year I whole heartedly expect to see USC in the NC hunt, they were legit this year (took Stanford what 3 ot's to beat them?). The Pac12 wont be very good next year with Stanford losing Luck and Oregon losing James and some others. Oregon will still be decent but I dont think theyll be able to beat USC with Barkley. None of this matters as I am sure some SEC team will have a spot reserved in the NC game preseason lol.

Well to be fair those other schools didnt have near the witch hunt by the media that OSU did. You heard about the Miami case for what, 2 days? You heard about Oregon for 1, you dont hear about South Carolina or UNC...had the media not pushed so hard I dont think the punishment would've been as severe. I do agree that Smith and Gee are idiots.

The punishment isn't even that severe. It would be almost nothing if Smith weren't a functioning retard. The witch hunt by the media was propelled by the joke of a press conference in March and subsequent blunders by Smith and Gee in the media as they fulfilled their craving for the spotlight. "I just hope Jim Tressel doesn't fire me! lolololololol" Are you fucking kidding me?

I don't think there would've been a 2012 bowl ban...What didn't help the case was Posey and Booms little work adventures, that was probablly the nail in the coffin.

I read sometime back that people believe ESPN pushed so hard against OSU because they was fearful that OSU had the potential this year to win a NC against an SEC team. It makes a little bit of sence, OSU would've been a top 3 team to begin the season had everyone been here and not suspended. OSU would've killed everyone on the schedule with Pryor/Posey/Boom active the entire year and OSU had shown in 2 previous years that they could win against really good teams (Oregon/Arkansas).

Not saying I believe any of it, before Phil goes on a rant lol. Just stating what people believe and that it could potentially make sence

I don't think there would've been a 2012 bowl ban...What didn't help the case was Posey and Booms little work adventures, that was probablly the nail in the coffin.

I read sometime back that people believe ESPN pushed so hard against OSU because they was fearful that OSU had the potential this year to win a NC against an SEC team. It makes a little bit of sence, OSU would've been a top 3 team to begin the season had everyone been here and not suspended. OSU would've killed everyone on the schedule with Pryor/Posey/Boom active the entire year and OSU had shown in 2 previous years that they could win against really good teams (Oregon/Arkansas).

Not saying I believe any of it, before Phil goes on a rant lol. Just stating what people believe and that it could potentially make sence

Make sense, but I beleive it is more about tOSU is the Top Dog in the Big 10 and the BTN. ESPN will do what ever it can to sabatoge the Big 10 and tarnish it's reputation. I bet ESPN had their hands in the pocket books of some members of the COI that handed out the punishment at tOSU.

ABC/ESPN Low balls Big 10 on television contract extension. Big 10 says fuck you, and teams up with Fox and makes the BTN in 2007 after their contract expired with ABC/ESPN. BTN makes a ton of profit, all the schools in the BTN gets a share of it, I think in 2010 each school received about 6.5 million from the BTN. That is another reason why many schools such as nebraska came knocking on BIG 10s doors when the Big 10 was expanding.

Because of the sucess of the BTN, Pac12 and WAC are starting their own network instead of signing low balled television contracts with ESPN/ABC. BTN probably costed ESPN hundreds of millions... I think that is a good reason why ESPN reported on tOSU like they way the did.

Why EPSN barely reported on SCAM newton, SC, Georgia, and many other SEC scandals? Probably because SEC and ESPN have a big television contract and SEC is ESPN's cash cow.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sportsmoney/2011/01/30/how-the-big-ten-stacks-up-against-the-sec-in-sports-revenues/