Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Fun fact...

Once Mizzou and A&M officially join the SEC, OSU will pick up some bowl wins against the conference (since the one vs. Arky was vacated OSU is back to 0). 2 wins vs. A&M in bowl games over the years.

And OSU's overall record vs. the SEC will go from 7-11-1 to 21-12-2. :gabe:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you figure? He didn't excel in FCS with the players that Saban and Chizik cut due to oversigning. He'll probably have worse players at Akron actually than he had at Northern Alabama. :lolguy:

I dunno maybe coaching Auburn to multiple winning seasons, an overall winning record at north alabama. The guy knows how to win, certainly not calling him the greatest of the greats but he is a good pickup for a school with a crummy program like Akron.

Yeah, but he didn't coach Auburn when the SEC was a slightly lower division of the NFL like it is now. :lolguy:

I get what you're saying though. Unfortunately, he was like their 7th choice. EVERYONE turned them down. Their AD is a real asshole apparently.

Seriously, link me to a single legitimate source that was reporting even rumblings of a Larry Johnson Sr. offer from Urban. I cannot find one.

They are all PSU insiders. Of course with you only believing Nevada, I'm sure you would say they aren't legitimate.

Anyway, Rod Smith did not travel to Jacksonville. He either failed his classes or is transferring.

Anyway, Rod Smith did not travel to Jacksonville. He either failed his classes or is transferring.

Hopefully its grade issues and not a case of him transfering, his little brother is an absolute stud LB that has OSU as his favorite right now. Losing Rod might make landing the younger Smith harder.

Just read this about the situation

"He missed the charter flight, per Doug Lesmerises of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, via Twitter: @PDBuckeyes: Ohio State RB Rod Smith not with the Buckeyes at Gator Bowl. Team spokesman said Smith missed team charter to Fla, may/may not come later"

Hopefully its grade issues and not a case of him transfering, his little brother is an absolute stud LB that has OSU as his favorite right now. Losing Rod might make landing the younger Smith harder.

Just read this about the situation

"He missed the charter flight, per Doug Lesmerises of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, via Twitter: @PDBuckeyes: Ohio State RB Rod Smith not with the Buckeyes at Gator Bowl. Team spokesman said Smith missed team charter to Fla, may/may not come later"

Yeah, it's going around that it's more than he just "missed" the flight. I'm guessing he "missed" it because he was trying to straighten some situation out.

One more cause I am really bored...has anyone looked at ND's schedule next year? Good god they are gonna get beat up on a lot lol

Navy (In Dublin Ireland)

Purdue

@Michigan State

Michigan

Miami

Stanford

BYU

@Oklahoma

Pittsburgh

@Boston College

Wake Forrest

@USC

One more cause I am really bored...has anyone looked at ND's schedule next year? Good god they are gonna get beat up on a lot lol

Navy (In Dublin Ireland)

Purdue

@Michigan State

Michigan

Miami

Stanford

BYU

@Oklahoma

Pittsburgh

@Boston College

Wake Forrest

@USC

Wow, in Ireland? That's going to be awesome.

Second, whoa, Notre Dame looks to be fucked with that schedule.

They are all PSU insiders. Of course with you only believing Nevada, I'm sure you would say they aren't legitimate.

So you pay to read PSU insider boards? I know Lasch Out and Sekrah were the only people/sites to post it for the general public and neither is exactly credible just yet. They've only been around for a month or so...lol.

The Rod Smith thing is weird. Some people are saying it actually might be as simple as him actually missing his flight. Which is pretty disturbing in its own right because it means he didn't care enough to go down to Jacksonville with his teammates because he knows 1) the game doesn't really matter and 2) he's not really going to be a part of it.

And I wonder how much people in Ireland care about Notre Dame.

So you pay to read PSU insider boards? I know Lasch Out and Sekrah were the only people/sites to post it for the general public and neither is exactly credible just yet. They've only been around for a month or so...lol.
I know people who pay to read the PSU boards, I am friends with a few alums. Late last week LJ told Urban "thanks but no thanks" as he is getting calls for HC and DC jobs

The Rod Smith thing is weird. Some people are saying it actually might be as simple as him actually missing his flight. Which is pretty disturbing in its own right because it means he didn't care enough to go down to Jacksonville with his teammates because he knows 1) the game doesn't really matter and 2) he's not really going to be a part of it.
I guess OSU is supposed to make a statement on this sometime either tomorrow or next week after the game.

I know people who pay to read the PSU boards, I am friends with a few alums. Late last week LJ told Urban "thanks but no thanks" as he is getting calls for HC and DC jobs

Well, you'll never convince me he had an offer and I'll never convince you he didn't so whatever...lol.