What brand do you recommend

351mach11647545510

I just replaced my pitman arm on my avalanche last November/December. Lately my steering has been loose and I took it too NTB. Pitman arm is bad again. (checked for myself too) I bought autozones peice of shit duralast last time and I'm not going to do this bs every 9 months. Any brand anyone recommends? Perhaps a beefed up aftermarket one?

Sell it, and for the love of christ run far, far away and never look back. Fucking junk ass GM trucks. Not a day goes by where something isn't broke as fuck on our EXT.

Just get parts like that with lifetime warranties, Moog is good.

It has a lifetime warranty I just refuse to do the work again in such a short amount of time. It was a huge PITA last time

Shoulda bought a Silverado. This thing has been raped and still runs like a champ not to mention shit like that pitman arm never having to be replaced.

I had to replace every steering part on the silverado I had :fuuuu:

Sell it, and for the love of christ run far, far away and never look back. Fucking junk ass GM trucks. Not a day goes by where something isn't broke as fuck on our EXT.

this....

I'll never own another GM. Too many "typical" problems, like the steering being shit on all their truck based vehicles, alternators and starters on everything constantly going out, and crunching transmissions left and right. After 10 years the AC dies frequently. My GF's cavalier tossed the timing CHAIN at 50,000 miles and grenaded the engine. They are the cheapest cars on the market and it shows.

+4 always had great experiences with Chevy/GM. The trucks are great, though I do like the inline 6 Fords. Everyone busts on GM but many companies do stupid things and have shittier vehicles and/or major problems.

If the vehicle doesn't have rack and pinion, idler and pitman arms are known to go bad especially with cheap replacements. Happens in Ford and Dodge trucks. Get Moog or TRW OR Napa parts (not the low end cheap Napa parts, as they tend to have two levels of parts).

Buy something that has a grease zerk on it so you can lube it. MOOG, available through O'Reilly. That is the major killer of suspension parts. A tech at our shop made it 209K in a LT1 V8 Impala Wagon on ALL STOCK front suspension parts, it was all grease-able which he did at every oil change.