iPhone Lovers,please. Let us talk.

ODoyle

sarcasm:gabe:

No shit sherlock :masturboy:

I need a brand new phone, on Verizon, that is global capable. There is no 4G version of this.

Also, I have an unlimited data package that I regularly abuse on 3G. If I need to watch a movie or stream a video I do it on my computer.

For me, moving to IOS5 and getting the iCloud service would be the only +. But that is just because of my mac and ipad.

4G isn't in every Country so that makes sense. Can't really do anything about that. I regularly abuse my 4G connection as well. Just using pandora and audiogalaxy I use 10GB a month. Even more if I use youtube and surf websites. I have used IOS5 on my ipad2 and it is basically the same thing as a jailbroken 4.3.*** other then it is still buggy with the ipad2 hardware. Still not worth it in my opinion. I don't understand the iCloud thing. I stream my music from my android phone with audiogalaxy or google music, i watch netflix on my phone or my ipad, any pictures or movies I downloaded I use the StreamtoMe app on my ipad, who needs a cloud?

I'm going to pick one up just because I want to play with the new camera :p

http://i.imgur.com/aJQq0.png :gabe:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the iCloud thing. I stream my music from my android phone with audiogalaxy or google music, i watch netflix on my phone or my ipad, any pictures or movies I downloaded I use the StreamtoMe app on my ipad, who needs a cloud?

I won't speak for Jason, but those of us who use multiple devices in mulitple locations, typically for work, will utilize a cloud and look forward to it.

My employer has set up our own cloud and all of us use it extensively to stay up to date and insure communication and collaboration is point and click simple. We set up our own to use between our Windows Based Laptops, the Airbooks that are also used, our iPads and iPhones primarily because we are in healthcare and need to insure compliance and privacy for the auditors.

I won't speak for Jason, but those of us who use multiple devices in mulitple locations, typically for work, will utilize a cloud and look forward to it.

My employer has set up our own cloud and all of us use it extensively to stay up to date and insure communication and collaboration is point and click simple. We set up our own to use between our Windows Based Laptops, the Airbooks that are also used, our iPads and iPhones primarily because we are in healthcare and need to insure compliance and privacy for the auditors.

google docs :dumb:

google docs :dumb:

Not Secure for HIPPA Compliance, so not a fit for us. With Healthcare being one of the largest and fastest growing markets, I see Apple doing well as they are rolling out tool kits and security to line up with all the businesses like ours (we pilot a lot of Apple Products) too. So far we are loving what Cloud Capability is doing for us. One of our major vendors, and among the top 5, including us, in our space is moving to cloud for most all of their applications. Their IT Dept is set to save $6k per month at three locations just in HVAC Costs just be getting rid of a large portion of their IT Center.

Google also isn't in line with Apple obviously, so for the average Apple Consumer it would be like buying a Ford and Taking it to Chevy for service. Not a good fit.

Not Secure for HIPPA Compliance, so not a fit for us. With Healthcare being one of the largest and fastest growing markets, I see Apple doing well as they are rolling out tool kits and security to line up with all the businesses like ours (we pilot a lot of Apple Products) too. So far we are loving what Cloud is doing for us.

Google also isn't in line with Apple obviously, so for the average Apple Consumer it would be like buying a Ford and Taking it to Chevy for service. Not a good fit.

Cloud is "HIPAA" compliant?

intradesting.

We are a SAAS company that is security in the cloud, we are hipaa compliant (amongst others).

Yep....tons are. I sold Riverside & St. Ann's their Document Management systems and worked with McKesson for years as they were a main client of mine. I also worked with Allscripts, another market EMR Leader. All compliant.

Back on topic though.....Google Docs is for mom and pop and Billy and Karen but not for those requiring compliance like we do. If anyone in our organization were to upload to a non approved cloud, their PC and Phone would be shut down within minutes. Bye bye big dollar job too. I had one of my reps come close to losing their job.

AT&T is working with Apple to update the network indicator for AT&T's iPhone 4S to read "4G". This will happen with an iOS release from Apple. Since iPhone 4S is an HSPA+ device, our customers will get 4G speeds from day one. Only AT&T has this unique network advantage.

This will quiet the whiners hopefully!

well i ordered white as well, 32 gb figured 64 was overkill for what I use it for.

This. I'm even contemplating moving down to 16gb because I have an iPad and rarely use my phone for anything other than communicating rather than the off time my iPad isn't with me.

Im still torn between white or black... I hate the White front, I dont know why I just dont like the circle you see around the home button. And I will prob order the 16g tonight or tomorrow morning... Ill Prob go black then put a white back on it here sometime soon.

well I was waiting on the announcement to see what I would do for my next phone on VZW. After hearing a lack of LTE compatibility, no outstanding features other than Siri, I went and got myself a Droid Bionic for $200. 32GB (16 internal 16 removable)8MP cam, dual core chip. i'm happy with it.

Same here I talked Verizon into taking the raging pile of shit they call the droid charge back and giving me a phone that actually works right. I got the bionic also. It so far seems to to do everything well and without shutting down several times a day, dropping calls, not working well with bluetooth, and just overall sucking like the charge did. They sent me four different droid charges and not a single one of them worked right at all, and they all had the same problems. So far I Love the droid bionic. It is unbelievably faster than the charge was too.

• 2 weeks later...