iPhone Lovers,please. Let us talk.

ODoyle

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, since the whole world is on Apple's site right now, did anyone catch if there are any features that are exclusive to the 4S, or should I expect to receive the same shit with iOS5 (albeit at a slower speed because of hardware differences)?

you don't get the Siri voice thingy.

you don't get the Siri voice thingy.

Yeah, just found that. I'm not surprised. I figured there had to be at least one thing they would make exclusive to the new device to make people want to upgrade.

Next JB that comes around will probably allow you to add Siri. :lolguy:

I don't need it but it does sound neat. I won't buy a new phone to get it though.

No, it's not Verizon LTE 4G. It's still HSDPA, which AT&T calls 4G but AT&T is about to roll out their LTE network.Real 4G is LTE Advanced, no one has it yet.

ATT will still be running their HSPDA as well as their LTE, so you'll still have faster browsing capabilities on ATT with the 4GS.

There really is no incremental gain with the Verizon 4gs.

I wonder if that's where the phone is capped, or if they say 14mbps because that's how fast AT&T's HSDPA is. Other countries have theirs set to much higher (20, 30 40mbps). I also wonder if it would be able to run on HSPA+ (84mbps), like T-Mobile's network. After all, T-Mobile does carry the iphone in other countries like Germany. I'm guessing it can't...fail flagship phone.

So are you guys saying you wont notice a difference with 4G?

with LTE you likely will but then I bet the trade off will be battery life. no thanks. I can stream music and surf on the current 3G just fine so the bump to AT&T's faster network speeds will be most pleasing. Especially given the bump in talk time now provided.

I doubt iPhone 5 will have 4G. Also it won't have flash support. Both of these are a huge deal breaker for me. 4G LTE is slower then it should be but still 3G is even slower. If you buy a brand new phone without 4G(whatever teh fux) you are seriously doing it wrong :dumb:

I need a brand new phone, on Verizon, that is global capable. There is no 4G version of this.

Also, I have an unlimited data package that I regularly abuse on 3G. If I need to watch a movie or stream a video I do it on my computer.

For me, moving to IOS5 and getting the iCloud service would be the only +. But that is just because of my mac and ipad.

Hmm, nice upgrades but not completely blown away. I need a new phone due to my current battery having issues. But I want to wait to make a decision until next week since the new Google phone should be announced then. I'm really digging the idea of pay with NFC and was really hoping the new iPhone would have it. :(

Hmm, nice upgrades but not completely blown away. I need a new phone due to my current battery having issues. But I want to wait to make a decision until next week since the new Google phone should be announced then. I'm really digging the idea of pay with NFC and was really hoping the new iPhone would have it. :(

What phone do you currently have? I have a spare iphone 4 battery that ive never installed.

They just released this teaser and it makes me happy. It looks like my Nexus One evolved, even has the pin connectors. Fucking stoked.

http://phandroid.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/SasmsingNexuPoirs.jpg

Apple let me down so hard I might even look into the new google phone.

Enjoy your force closes and random restards

i was holding out for the 5, since they didnt release it im probably just going to buy a new driod.

same as above.

This fills my head with fuck. So if they named it the 5 you would have bought it?

perhaps he meant he was looking for a design overhaul?

on a seperate note, im not so sure im okay with the cloud thing. Whats mine is mine, and i don't want other people looking at it. IOS5 looks okay however.

perhaps he meant he was looking for a design overhaul?

lots of folks seem to have been but I have no clue as to why. It doesn't follow what their upgrades have been. However, I see the same thought process on guys in camera forums too. The 4S is more of an upgrade in features than the 3Gs was over the 3G. I do expect the next one to be a major overhaul and while I really am leaning to get a 4S just for S&G's, I am going to wait, install iOS5 on my 3GS and see what that gets me first.