Got rear-ended today

PRD2BDF

As title states.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/spedponcho/mailgooglecom-2.jpg

I was wondering if it's possible to get an estimate then submit the estimate to my insurance and try to pocket the money since I think I can fix that myself (buff most of it out and pop the bottom skirt back out, it's detachable)

Or is that considered insurance fraud or what?

My first not-at-fault accident, woot!

If you have the title free and clear, then yes, otherwise you'll have to include a repair facility on your check.

yeah if you have a loan the insurance has to protect that lien. so they have to include a body shop or the lien holder on the check. if you have the title you can do what you want with the money. but most insurance companies write their own estimates now so i doubt you can just submit an est.

Even if u owe on it you can do it, and its your choice of body shops to have it done and you can just turn in the most expensive estimate. Just tell your insurance to cut you the check. Edit: I know this is how it works for me and I have state farm.

I had a Liberty Mutual adjuster come out and do an estimate on our Envoy Denali a few years ago. A contractor was doing street work in Canal Winchester two days before the posted signs said it was to being. Chipped my windshield and took a small chunk out of my front bumper. Flat out told the guy that I worked at a dealership and would get a deal on the repairs. Guy handed me a check for $800 bucks. Fixed it for $250.

I still owed $15,000 on the loan. Take the money and run.

When i got rear ended in the mustang i still had a lean on it. They tried to get me to take it to some hood ass body shop but i opted to take it to germain ford in powell instead. germains cost to repair was 400$ more than what the insurance adjuster estimated. They never cut me a check, but instead dealt directly with germain. I did not, however, ask for a cost of repair check.

Just something to think about.

I was recently rear ended in my gen. Coupe which I definitely still owe on and state farm cut me a check on site made it out only to me. You just have to simply tell them you're not ready to get the car fixed yet because you don't have time plus you're not sure where you will be taking it. If you do get it fixed I have some good friends of mine own fine line auto body they're work is top notch all the way. If you go there, goto the morse and high location and ask for art. Tell him Pete from Secure and Sound sent you and they'll take care of you far better than anybody else including helping with the crooked ass insurance company.

Also goto a chiropractor immediately and don't give any statements to the insurance crooks. They will try trap you into saying something that will help them get out of paying you what you're due. I'm not condoning ripping off the insurance companies because that makes all our prices go up but don't let them rip you off either.

When I put on my cowl hood on my Mustang I was driving to the body shop to have to hood painted. While driving it came un-latched and did damage to my windshield, dash, roof and fender... plus the hood shattered as it hit the road.

I had my insurance USAA send an adjuster, he deemed the damage was about $2500 (including the cost of my cowl hood). I bought a clean junkyard hood and fender for $200, Windshield cost me $180, paint and body work to the roof was $800 and I fixed the dash with a dash repair kit $15.

I profited $1,305

It was just a low speed rear-ender. My head was already resting on the headrest because I was in traffic.

Got an estimate, 1,500 bucks.

I'm a complete newb when it comes to insurance since the last two was my fault. I can just ask my insurance company to see if they can make the other company cut me a check?

I got rear ended in the girlfriends truck a few weeks back. We went and got two estimates, and I made sure the insurance company adjuster knew the price. The adjuster came in about $50 under the lower of the two and they cut her a check for $2800. We're going to fix it with used parts, and salvage some existing parts. We're estimating we'll have it fixed for about $700, including some damage she did when she rear ended someone else. So, all in all she is making out like a bandit.

It was just a low speed rear-ender. My head was already resting on the headrest because I was in traffic.

Got an estimate, 1,500 bucks.

I'm a complete newb when it comes to insurance since the last two was my fault. I can just ask my insurance company to see if they can make the other company cut me a check?

glad your ok. you can go through your insurance or wait for the at fault party's ins comp to call you. all you can do is ask for them to cut you a check. it all depends on the company.

btw - that bumper looks repairable to me. of course that pic isn't the best.

A customer of our body shop got her company to cut her a check for $2800 AFTER she had left it at our shop. Our shop completed the work, called to let her know to come get her car and pay, she says "I already spent that $2800, I thought insurance would send you a different check!?" Yeah, we still have her car.

Also goto a chiropractor immediately and don't give any statements to the insurance crooks. They will try trap you into saying something that will help them get out of paying you what you're due. I'm not condoning ripping off the insurance companies because that makes all our prices go up but don't let them rip you off either.

I agree with this, get checked out. I didn't want to say I was fine and then BOOM, be Hot Wheels next week.

My adjuster was all like :yuno: cash check?

I was like I'm going to the doctor's first, and waiting for my car to be fixed to my satisfaction first, then I'll make the decision to take your money for my "inconvenience" :fuckyeah:. Doc's bills paid, car fixed 100%, and a bit of cash for my trouble.

Funny, I was in a black Saab too. Tell me it wasn't a towncar that rearended you.