CR - I need your help!

KillJoy

A few weeks back (maybe a month) I purchased Firewood from THIS Craigslist ad (well, one of his other ones, said the same thing).

We had them dump the wood, and they guaranteed it would be a full cord, or they would bring out more. It was stacked the next day, it is BARELY over 1/2 a cord. They were called, and said they would deliver the rest in the next week or two, when they were on this side of town again. Well, fast forward to now.

They were contacted a week ago, and they said they would be here Nov 1 w/ the rest of the wood.

They did not show. They were called, but it went to VM. Called again twice today, VM.

From the business card they left, I have the following:

Service Pro Landscape and Lawncare

The Landscape Pros

Ryan Laufersweiler - Owner

8711 Worthington Rd

Alexandria, OH 43001

614-429-8257

servicepro36@yahoo.com

100% satisfaction guaranteed

Call for free estimates

What would you do in this situation?

KillJoy

Many firewood places do this. Back when I was logging we did a full cord delivered for $140, and it was a cord, down to the piece. I made plenty of runs to people's houses because they "weren't sure it was a cord" but it was worth the referrals and word-of-mouth business. If they start getting sheisty, take a picture with a measuring tape to document the quantity before you start burning. Legally if they won't make it right, you're going to small-claims. There are plenty of fly-by-night wood sellers.

You could always threaten to report him for transporting emerald ash-borer, haha.

Flag all of his craigslist post?

Actually, tomorrow I plan on leaving him a VM stating that if this is not resolved by the end of the weekend I am planning a Craigslist Campaign against him and his company. Hopefully, mentioning personal information will urge him to do the right thing.

Although, taking him to Small Claims Court would be fun too!

:D

KillJoy