What car would you buy with 18-20K?

caseyctsv

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2002 BMW 540 6speed sport package car and throw a turbo on it. I had one and those cars are amazing in the snow and very reliable if maintained. I've also always loved that body style especially with a nice set of staggered wheels. I know this is crazy outside the box from the other suggestions and I'll probably get flamed all to @&); and back but after owning a couple of that lineage 5series it's hard not to love them. I abused my 540 to ridiculous levels and it never quit on me no matter what, well until I hydro locked the motor but that's expected.

I "gave up" (I guess?) and got the Mazda. I found a 2010 Mazda Speed3 in Medina - 29K miles loaded with everything. Got it out the door for 17K. Check prices - that is a great deal. The general manager came out to find out who was on the buyer side of the negotiation and actually said "well done" and wanted to be sure I sent others to him to make him some money. I am sure they did not lose on it but I did my research and knew I had them.

- they bought it 9/28 so I knew the interest would be coming due at day 45 - or approximately next week.

It needs tires is the only thing - the ones on it look great as far as tread but 3 of them have a busted belt.

I need a new screen name...maybe "Rice Rice Casey"?

I "gave up" (I guess?) and got the Mazda. I found a 2010 Mazda Speed3 in Medina - 29K miles loaded with everything. Got it out the door for 17K. Check prices - that is a great deal. The general manager came out to find out who was on the buyer side of the negotiation and actually said "well done" and wanted to be sure I sent others to him to make him some money. I am sure they did not lose on it but I did my research and knew I had them.

- they bought it 9/28 so I knew the interest would be coming due at day 45 - or approximately next week.

It needs tires is the only thing - the ones on it look great as far as tread but 3 of them have a busted belt.

I need a new screen name...maybe "Rice Rice Casey"?

Congrats and welcome to the world of affordable fun. If you're interested info on tires, we can grab a coffee or something next week. I replaced the stock BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE050A's with PIRELLI PZERO NERO ALL SEASON XL's. They perform very well and should be fine year round. I think your body style uses Dunlop Summer only rubber. Just double check and make sure you don't run the summer only in winter by mistake. The MS3 is great in snow with the right shoes but it was downright scary the moment I attempted to try even light snow without them.

Congrats and welcome to the world of affordable fun. If you're interested info on tires, we can grab a coffee or something next week. I replaced the stock ones with PIRELLI PZERO NERO ALL SEASON XL's. They perform very well and should be fine year round.

I was looking at those and the Continental Extreme Contact DWS.

I was looking at those and the Continental Extreme Contact DWS.

I've never had good luck with continental. Tried them on my Accord and my wife's MBZ back in the day. Heavy tires and never got them to balance well. Check with Derek though. He's the man.

That is a hell of a deal you got. I might've recommended trying to find a black one to help hide some of the smile on the front end, but for that deal you can't pass it up. Check out Corksport for some upgrades, the inlet pipe w/ short ram intake I got from them is probably my single favorite upgrade in terms of smoothing out the acceleration.