What car would you buy with 18-20K?

caseyctsv

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I think you guys are missing the boat on how good the E46 M3 is. If I had to choose only one car of everything I've owned to keep it would be my M3.

You have to remember this is CR.....

98% have never driven one.

95% would shriek at the idea of the doing the valve adjustment.

God forbid any simple issue occurs, a fury of angry posts will be made, and the car sold for scrap. :dumb:

If it could be just a play toy I would head straight for the M3. It is my dream car but to get it in my budget I would have to compromise. I have 1 daughter getting ready for college and another that is only 2 years from driving. I love the Evo and STI but as mentioned I am OLD...lol. Honestly I have not seen a decent one in my price range to look at.

I am headed to a dealership over an hour away to check out a 2010 Speed3. It is a great deal compared to what is listed. If it is as advertised and I like the drive that is probably the direction I am going.

I went to drive the GTO and it sold last night :-(

FWD FTL.....

:(

I know...that is the only reason I question this purchase. If I had land and could throw an extra car somewhere I would get a summer car and a beater as that is by far the best option. Then it would be an M3 and a Grand Prix beater for sure. I simply don't have room for more than one car per family member.

Despite being heavy and live rear axle an LS2 GTO is a solid choice. No argument from me there.

But I think you guys are missing the boat on how good the E46 M3 is. If I had to choose only one car of everything I've owned to keep it would be my M3.

Agreed 100%.