How fast can you load your boat?

LJ

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats average speed for any 2person team, why would it take any longer?

because the majority of people attach the bow strap and don't push the truck up the ramp with the boat engines

I see nowhere that the boat is pushing the truck. The boat seated itself and raised the engines.

He raises the engines as he throttles up the ramp. I know the guy who posted the video, they were sea testing multiple Yellowfins that week. You have to start raising the engines as you push the truck up the ramp, or else you will drag the skegs. You can see the wash from the props as the engines come out of the water

Unless its a pontoon boat you always have to raise the engines or outdrive. I have loaded loats of boats of all different sizes and unless the driver of the 650 knew when to let off the brake and allow the boat to push a little, I dont see how its possible. Even if they did have it worked out, based on the video the boat didnt push it more than a few feet. Sound quality of the vid is pretty good, I never heard them rev high enough to produce that power.

Unless its a pontoon boat you always have to raise the engines or outdrive. I have loaded loats of boats of all different sizes and unless the driver of the 650 knew when to let off the brake and allow the boat to push a little, I dont see how its possible. Even if they did have it worked out, based on the video the boat didnt push it more than a few feet.

That's how they do it, they start it up the ramp.

I would think the owners of Yellowfin probably have it down to a science. Seeing as how they load and unload at least 1 boat per day a few days a week most weeks of the year.

Why not? You back down the drivers in the boat and he drives up, its not a difficult thing despite the show at alum creek every saturday in the summer. Even an average boater whos confident in their boat can load it just as they did in the video. I dont understand why this seems all that fast? There doesnt appear to be any cross current to move the boat sideways as its loaded and he was able to hit it straight on. I think starting out where the 650 was a person could back down untie from a close dock and load in roughly 56 seconds by themself. Its that the boat is so heavy hes able to pull out without necessarily hooking the strap. Its still risky and I wouldnt do it with a light boat for sure. I never did it with any of my pontoons. That nice a boat I would necessarily place that much pressure on one spot of the bow in pushing that rig up. That looks about average speed for loading but someone who knows how to operate a boat.

Why not? You back down the drivers in the boat and he drives up, its not a difficult thing despite the show at alum creek every saturday in the summer. Even an average boater whos confident in their boat can load it just as they did in the video. I dont understand why this seems all that fast? There doesnt appear to be any cross current to move the boat sideways as its loaded and he was able to hit it straight on. I think starting out where the 650 was a person could back down untie from a close dock and load in roughly 56 seconds by themself.

I do it in about 1 minute 45, but that is because we connect the bow strap and double check everything. I've never seen anyone with a 42 ft boat get it from backing the trailer in, to in the lot in 56 seconds in person

If I am not in a hurry I double check my outdrive actually came up but most of the time its drive on, lift, shut off and pull out. I had an older boat that had a leaking hose and the outdrive didnt raise once, that was nerve racking, everything else gets checked in the lot.

Maybe I'm confused...? But what's so special about this? Hell I can back my trailer down and load my boat and drive out all but my self in less than 2 minuites...

I don't see what's so special about a big ass heavy boat pulling onto a trailer and the truck pulling it out?

No offense but if this is something u think is crazy than you should take some pointers at the boat ramp...

Maybe I'm confused...? But what's so special about this? Hell I can back my trailer down and load my boat and drive out all but my self in less than 2 minuites...

I don't see what's so special about a big ass heavy boat pulling onto a trailer and the truck pulling it out?

Let's see you get a 42' intop the lot in 56 seconds

No offense but if this is something u think is crazy than you should take some pointers at the boat ramp...
No thanks, mainly idiots at the boat ramps. I'm wondering where you have seen a boat push the truck up the ramp before?

In the vid it only looks like he is giving it enough throttle to stay fully forward on the trailer until its no longer bouyant and its weight is resting on the trailer, so it doesnt slip off as its pulled out, not pushing itself and the rig out as stated. If your used to operating it, a 42' boat isnt much different than a 20' one. It would be difficult for someone whos not used to it, but something tells me this guy has operated one before.

In the vid it only looks like he is giving it enough throttle to stay fully forward on the trailer until its no longer bouyant and its weight is resting on the trailer, so it doesnt slip off as its pulled out, not pushing itself and the rig out as stated.
Except, in reality, it is pushing the truck. That is how they load their boats. That is how a lot of guys with big CC Offshore boats load.
If your used to operating it, a 42' boat isnt much different than a 20' one. It would be difficult for someone whos not used to it, but something tells me this guy has operated one before.

I would hope, they own a company that builds $200k+ CC's

I guess in all reality I could do the same with the 454 in my boat(dads boat), I have never tried it but I would have to think its more than powerful enough to push the mountaineer forward as well as itself. I would think it would push that 650 forward as well. Those triple outboards had more than enough power to move that truck.

Unless its a pontoon boat you always have to raise the engines or outdrive. I have loaded loats of boats of all different sizes and unless the driver of the 650 knew when to let off the brake and allow the boat to push a little, I dont see how its possible. Even if they did have it worked out, based on the video the boat didnt push it more than a few feet. Sound quality of the vid is pretty good, I never heard them rev high enough to produce that power.

Watch the 40 second mark. As hard as he hit the front of that trailer the driver of the 650 knew it was go time. I felt it and I wasn't even there.

Watch the 40 second mark. As hard as he hit the front of that trailer the driver of the 650 knew it was go time. I felt it and I wasn't even there.

That wasnt hard by any means, if the trailer isnt necessarily down enough often you have to give it more throttle to get all the way forward whereas if he was down a little lower he wouldnt have. Thats usually the international signal for any driver to go ahead and pull out, why because you know when you feel that, its not going any further up so pull out. I just cant imagine them having a technique where they say once you feel that go ahead and throw it in neutral(push in on the clutch) and let the boat push you out and then back in gear and take it the rest of the way once you somehow feel that the boat is no longer the driving force.

It could happen, but I drove a 650 for 2.5 years, not that easy with that power.

What you dont take into factor is the time it took for the truck driver to get the trailer straight, the boat was already straight just sitting there. If you start the timer at when the guys starts backing the trailer down and with the boat already to go on, this is not impressive at all. I bet any money me and linn can do it faster and have the front strap hooked.

What you dont take into factor is the time it took for the truck driver to get the trailer straight, the boat was already straight just sitting there. If you start the timer at when the guys starts backing the trailer down and with the boat already to go on, this is not impressive at all. I bet any money me and linn can do it faster and have the front strap hooked.

Im sure you can do it faster than professionals LOL

This isnt necessarily a skill that takes years of practice or training. I taught my wife to do it just as good in one afternoon. Go to any major vacationing, boating lake and you will see women(no offense) and old people doing this all day in various length boats.