How fast can you load your boat?

LJ

Im sure you can do it faster than professionals LOL

What makes these guys professionals. The truck already straight, the boat is straight waiting for the trailer. I dont see what is so crazy about this. He is backing down a wide ramp. The boat comes on the trailer hard, I am surprised he didnt break anything.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes these guys professionals. The truck already straight, the boat is straight waiting for the trailer. I dont see what is so crazy about this. He is backing down a wide ramp. The boat comes on the trailer hard, I am surprised he didnt break anything.

They own Yellowfin and do this for a living

http://www.yellowfinyachts.com/

I think Sam is saying there is nothing in this video that displays their technique as professional rather than what just about anyone can do. I dont doubt they are professionals at building boats, but loading, its commonsense stuff.

You said you have never pushed a truck up the ramp with the boat engine yes?

Also, you don't use the boat only to push the truck, it's in combination with throttle from the truck.

I'd like to see some video from some of the master boaters here, doing the same thing, and not hitting the skeg on the ramp.

The ramps I boat at are at such an incline I really dont even have to raise my outdrive, so no real issue with that. If I want to throttle it until I was in the parking lot I could do so and say that my engine was helping the truck pull the boat out. Those motors are barely running when it comes out. I really think they just happen to still be running as mine is often as I am coming out of the water as my outdrive is raised. In reality I have done it just as they did, my prop is spinning as I come out, I guess it had to be aiding in pulling out, right?

The ramps I boat at are at such an incline I really dont even have to raise my outdrive, so no real issue with that. If I want to throttle it until I was in the parking lot I could do so and say that my engine was helping the truck pull the boat out. Those motors are barely running when it comes out. I really think they just happen to still be running as mine is often as I am coming out of the water as my outdrive is raised. In reality I have done it just as they did, my prop is spinning as I come out, I guess it had to be aiding in pulling out, right?

*sigh*

Send Kevin and Wylie at Yellowfin an email and let them know you think they are full of shit

About what? I dont think anyone has disagreed with anything other than you seemed to think theres something special about whats going on in the video. I dont doubt that the props are spinning obviously causing drive, the motors are strong enough to pull the boat forward if the operator is so inclined, and its done with what most would consider average time. I am wondering what you see as so interesting? No offense but I just dont see it. For arguments sake were just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

I think Sam is saying there is nothing in this video that displays their technique as professional rather than what just about anyone can do. I dont doubt they are professionals at building boats, but loading, its commonsense stuff.

Excatly. Also when I load my boat my outdrive is already trimmed up a lil as I am sure so were the ones in this video. What they are doin is nothing special past normal actions to loading a boat.

What you dont take into factor is the time it took for the truck driver to get the trailer straight, the boat was already straight just sitting there. If you start the timer at when the guys starts backing the trailer down and with the boat already to go on, this is not impressive at all. I bet any money me and linn can do it faster and have the front strap hooked.

I guess it's time to make some more videos :)

Not seeing it, I guess. However, I've spend most of my life living around the water and doing alot of boating/seeing alot of boating. Thought, it's not slow by any means, I fail to see what's so impressive. Well, other than the boat itself. ;)

Still probably better to strap it first, too. I'm not in a rush to fuck my boat up for anybody.

I'm sorry but, pulling a boat up a boat ramp with a steep grade is not a good idea without the strap.

with the stepped hull and the custom trailer it's actually not an issue

I fail to see what's so impressive. Well, other than the boat itself. ;)

I think the timing from getting the boat on the trailer, to the boat assisting the truck up the ramp and then raising the engines as they go up, all in one motion basically.

Say that to a guy who has left his boat in the water all season and then try to pull it out ;)

That was a boat they were using for a sea trial. They are stored in dry dock at their factory. Like I said, not a problem

you ever met one of those guys that belive what they say and no matter what people say to prove them wrong they just keep thinking they are right....

yea me neither...

:jerkit:

Video of you doing it faster?

Didnt think so.

GFY

buttttt hurrttt. and ok sure let me go make a randoma ss video fo me loading a boat right now.......no need to be upset its cool man we all cant be as slow as it seems you are...

Not butt hurt at all. Ive yet to see a video of anyone on here doing it faster. Therefore there are no "facts"

What you dont take into factor is the time it took for the truck driver to get the trailer straight, the boat was already straight just sitting there. If you start the timer at when the guys starts backing the trailer down and with the boat already to go on, this is not impressive at all. I bet any money me and linn can do it faster and have the front strap hooked.

Shit Ill double the buy in with me backing the trailer down:)

I don't think you guys get it. They are professional boat loaders. So someone on this board CANNOT load it faster. Well maybe me being I'm a professional bloader, yes bloader. LJ, it seems you have a love interest in these guys and you need to let it go.

This thread proves it's the off season LOL, wow.

Sure, if you don't put on the f'ing straps in the front that's pretty sweet, but eh, I don't do that my boat, let alone that expensive thing.... it could be 10x my boat cost. The boat itself looked bad ass, I just wouldn't have my ass on the line for not putting the fucking strap on it. It "always works" until the boat falls off the first time LOL....